|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says "I like a man to be a man?"
2. What was a gift that Amanda's admirer gave her?
(a) A watch.
(b) A ring.
(c) A brooch.
(d) A necklace.
3. What does Amanda start to do to Elyot during their final fight?
(a) She starts punching Elyot.
(b) She tries to kiss Elyot and make up with him.
(c) She starts throwing any objects she can find at him.
(d) She tries to push Elyot out of her apartment.
4. Who says, "Flippancy brings out the acid in their damned sweetness and light."
5. What reason does Amanda give when she tries to convince Victor that they need to leave the hotel?
(a) Her sister is waiting for them in Paris.
(b) Her sister died in a horrible accident nearby.
(c) The hotel is not comfortable enough.
(d) She has had a premonition of a natural disaster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amanda and Elyot send Louise home?
2. In Act I, Sibyl asks Elyot about Amanda. According to Elyot, what does Amanda do beautifully that Sibyl can not do?
3. What kind of women did Amanda imagine Elyot would go after?
4. Who or what is Charles?
5. What do Amanda and Elyot know will inevitably happen?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)