|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amanda do when she realizes Elyot is in the hotel?
(a) She walks over to his side of the terrace.
(b) She clutches her throat in shock.
(c) She runs inside.
(d) She asks him for a cigarette.
2. What is Victor's nickname for his new wife?
(c) He does not have a nickname for her.
3. What is heard off-stage when the play starts?
(a) Elyot and Sibyl arguing.
(b) Birds chirping.
(c) A small orchestra.
(d) The ocean waves.
4. What does Elyot tell Amanda that comforts her?
(a) Elyot tells Amanda that Victor will take care of her.
(b) Elyot tells Amanda that Sibyl is a good woman.
(c) Elyot tells Amanda that she holds no mystery for him.
(d) Elyote tells Amanda that she is doing the right thing.
5. In Act I, where do the honeymooning couples plan to spend their first night together?
(a) The French Riviera.
(c) St. Mortiz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "Love is no use unless it's wise, and kind, and undramatic?"
2. What time is it, specifically, at the top of Act I?
3. When fighting with Sibyl, what does Elyot say infuriates him more than anything?
4. What does Elyot say that Amanda initially resists?
5. When Sibyl and Victor leave, what do Amanda and Elyot do with the cocktails?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)