|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elyot and Amanda conclude about their past relationship?
(a) They had many wonderful times together.
(b) They had nothing but terrible times in their lives together.
(c) Their relationship was perfect.
(d) Their relationship was not nearly as passionate as they remember.
2. How long have Amanda and Elyot been divorced at the start of the play?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Seven years.
3. What memory do Amanda and Elyot reminisce over after their spouses have left in Act 1?
(a) Walking around London.
(b) Traveling the world.
(c) Ice skating.
4. Who is the oldest character of the four introduced in Act I?
5. In Act I, Sibyl asks Elyot about Amanda. According to Elyot, what does Amanda do beautifully that Sibyl can not do?
(c) Play piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Amanda, what rules her life?
2. What is the code-phrase that Amanda and Elyot decide to use to stop all arguments?
3. What reason does Amanda give when she tries to convince Victor that they need to leave the hotel?
4. What can Sibyl do that Amanda cannot?
5. What does Amanda call Victor in Act 1?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)