|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Amanda and Victor plan to eat dinner?
(a) The casino.
(b) The terrace.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The yacht.
2. In which country is Act I set?
3. What does Elyot believe is the cruelest thing he and Amanda could do?
(a) Abandon their spouses.
(b) Stay with their spouses and pretend to love them.
(c) Stay in the hotel together.
(d) Never see each other again.
4. To whom does this statement refer? "I can't bear to think I'm married to such rugged grandeur."
5. What does the orchestra keep doing in Act 1?
(a) The orchestra stops playing in the middle of every song.
(b) The orchestra keeps playing Amanda and Elyot's song.
(c) The orchestra keeps making mistakes.
(d) The orchestra keeps playing unnerving music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Amanda give when she tries to convince Victor that they need to leave the hotel?
2. How do Amanda and Elyot realize that they are sharing a terrace in the hotel?
3. What appears to be one of Elyot's pastimes?
4. What does Elyot and Amanda conclude about their past relationship?
5. What do both Amanda and Elyot express a mild appreciation for, to the shock of their spouses?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)