|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I, where do the honeymooning couples plan to spend their first night together?
(b) St. Mortiz.
(c) The French Riviera.
2. What brings about the first use of Amanda and Elyot's special code?
(a) Amanda talks about Victor's good qualities.
(b) Amanda tells Elyot he should call Sibyl.
(c) Amanda reveals that she was not celibate after the divorce.
(d) Amanda thinks Elyot has had too much to drink.
3. What have Victor and Sibyl done with the sofas by Act III?
(a) They broke the sofas.
(b) They cleaned up the sofas.
(c) They spilled coffee on the sofas.
(d) They have pulled the sofas in front of each bedroom.
4. What does Amanda finally admit to Victor about her relationship with Elyot?
(a) Amanda admits that she has no strong feelings about Elyot either way.
(b) Amanda admits that she never loved Elyot.
(c) Amanda admits that, while she frequently hates Elyot, she is undeniably attracted to him.
(d) Amanda admits that she will always love Elyot.
5. Which character says, "Love is no use unless it's wise, and kind, and undramatic?"
Short Answer Questions
1. At the very end of the second act, where are Amanda and Elyot?
2. What genre of play is "Private Lives?"
3. During their first period of silence, what do Amanda and Elyot do?
4. What appears to have been a contributing factor to Elyot and Amanda's jealousy during their marriage?
5. While alone with Victor, what does Elyot sadly conclude will happen to him in the end?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)