|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elyot say that Amanda initially resists?
(a) Elyot says that he will leave the hotel.
(b) Elyot tells Amanda that he is in love with Sibyl.
(c) Elyot swears that she will never see him again.
(d) Elyot tells Amanda that he loves her.
2. What reason does Amanda give when she tries to convince Victor that they need to leave the hotel?
(a) Her sister died in a horrible accident nearby.
(b) The hotel is not comfortable enough.
(c) She has had a premonition of a natural disaster.
(d) Her sister is waiting for them in Paris.
3. What does Amanda call Victor in Act 1?
(a) A weak man.
(b) A "pompous ass."
(c) Not a gentleman.
(d) A windbag.
4. When Elyot is trying to convince Sibyl of premonition of disaster, what does he say will possibly happen?
(a) A boat accident.
(b) A fire at the hotel.
(c) A violent explosion.
(d) A flood.
5. What is the view from the terrace?
(a) The water reflecting the lights of a nearby yacht.
(b) Ocean waves crashing.
(c) A casino.
(d) A wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elyot accuse Sibyl of being?
2. What does Amanda tell Victor she did to Elyot while they were married?
3. What does Amanda tell Victor about Elyot's presence?
4. Who is the oldest character of the four introduced in Act I?
5. What is the code-phrase that Amanda and Elyot decide to use to stop all arguments?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)