|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is heard off-stage when the play starts?
(a) Birds chirping.
(b) The ocean waves.
(c) A small orchestra.
(d) Elyot and Sibyl arguing.
2. Who is the oldest character of the four introduced in Act I?
3. What time of day does the first act take place?
4. Before Sibyl storms off the terrace in Act 1, what does Elyot tell her?
(a) Elyot hopes she chokes on her dinner.
(b) Elyot regrets marrying her.
(c) Elyot loves her.
(d) Amanda is staying next door to them.
5. What does Amanda forbid Victor from doing?
(b) Mentioning Elyot's name.
(c) Going to look for Elyot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What genre of play is "Private Lives?"
2. To where do Elyot and Amanda plan to run away?
3. What does Sibyl want to avoid?
4. Which factor does NOT contribute to the rekindling of Elyot and Amanda's love for each other?
5. What does Amanda tell Victor about Elyot's presence?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)