|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Elyot, what is the problem with being a specialist?
(a) Most specialists are socially awkward.
(b) A specialist is too pompous to really be understood.
(c) A specialist is too concentrated on one thing to notice what is going on around them.
(d) A specialist never tries to explain what they know to anyone else.
2. What kind of women did Amanda imagine Elyot would go after?
(a) She did not believe Elyot would be unfaithful.
(b) Married women.
(d) Young debutantes.
3. What is Victor's nickname for his new wife?
(d) He does not have a nickname for her.
4. At the very end of the second act, where are Amanda and Elyot?
(a) Elyot has left the flat, leaving Amanda alone.
(b) Amanda is in her room, while Elyot is on the sofa.
(c) They have retreated into seperate bedrooms.
(d) Amanda and Elyot are wrestling on the floor.
5. What does Elyot accuse Sibyl of being?
(c) Overly dependent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elyot call Sibyl?
2. What does Elyot refer to as "laughable?"
3. What does Elyot tell Amanda that comforts her?
4. What is the view from the terrace?
5. Why does Elyot tell Amanda to turn the gramophone off?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)