|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Charlie and Thomas find when they return from work one day?
(a) Molly is there.
(b) Their mother is ill.
(c) The Colonel is dead.
(d) Grandma Wolf is dead.
2. What does the German soldier tell Thomas when he aims a gun to Thomas' head?
(d) You're dead.
3. What happens when the Germans go into retreat?
(a) Thomas' company stands in a stupor.
(b) Thomas' company is ordered to pursue.
(c) Thomas' company starts celebrating.
(d) Thomas' company is ordered to stand down.
4. What does Molly tell Charlie?
(a) She is moving.
(b) She is marrying someone else.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) Her family forgives Charlie.
5. Who goes over the edge with the sergeant?
(a) About half of the men.
(b) Everyone except Charlie and Thomas.
(c) Everyone except Thomas.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Charlie, Thomas, and the rest of their company sent out to do?
2. Who does Thomas go to see on leave?
3. Why is Charlie sent home?
4. What is the worst thing for Charlie and Thomas where they are now?
5. How does the Colonel threaten Thomas' family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Thomas is writing a letter home and how does Thomas respond?
2. What happens to Thomas in the German bunker and who pulls him out?
3. What does the Colonel demand and how does he threaten Charlie's family?
4. What news does Molly announce and how does Charlie respond?
5. Describe the fighting that occurs after the bombardment stops.
6. What are Charlie and Thomas' company told to do one day?
7. While in Wipers, what does the company do for two whole days?
8. What happens to Charlie when they return to their own lines?
9. Who is in the bunker and what does Sergeant Hanley order his men to do?
10. Where are Charlie and Thomas sent and why are they glad at first?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)