|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Thomas told back at the hospital?
(a) His lungs are slightly compromised.
(b) He must go home because his lungs are too injured.
(c) His lungs will take a few weeks to totally recover.
(d) He is healthy.
2. Who does Thomas go to see on leave?
(a) No one.
(c) His friend who is still recovering from wounds.
3. How long does Thomas wait hoping Charlie appears?
(a) Several days.
(b) A couple hours.
(c) A week.
(d) A night and day.
4. Who does Charlie carry on his back to their lines?
(a) The Captain.
(b) The wounded German.
5. What is the worst thing for Charlie and Thomas where they are now?
(a) The sounds of soldiers dying.
(b) The constant sound of mortar fire.
(c) The rain.
(d) The continual loss of their trench mates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Charlie and Thomas get to France?
2. What does everyone share in common?
3. Where is Thomas' company sent next?
4. What makes Thomas feel terribly empty while he is on leave?
5. Where is the company ordered on the third day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thomas experience some of the gas and what happens when a German soldier sees Thomas?
2. Where are Charlie and Thomas sent and why are they glad at first?
3. How do Charlie and Thomas convince the Army that Thomas is old enough to join?
4. What happens to Thomas in the German bunker and who pulls him out?
5. Why is Molly at Charlie and Thomas' house one day when they return from work and what has she brought with her?
6. What does the Colonel demand and how does he threaten Charlie's family?
7. What are Charlie and Thomas' company told to do one day?
8. What happens when the next wave of shelling stops?
9. How does Charlie bring Sergeant Hanley's wrath down on the regiment?
10. What does Thomas do on his one day of leave and why does that leave him feeling empty inside?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)