|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Molly tell Charlie?
(a) She is moving.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) Her family forgives Charlie.
(d) She is marrying someone else.
2. What does Hanley tell his men?
(a) They now have practice with dealing with gas.
(b) They have disgraced their unit.
(c) They performed admirably.
(d) They are all cowards.
3. Who does Thomas go to see on leave?
(b) No one.
(d) His friend who is still recovering from wounds.
4. What are Charlie, Thomas, and the rest of their company sent out to do?
(a) Steal some of the enemy's weapons.
(b) Steal some of the enemy's pigs.
(c) Bring back a prisoner to interrogate.
(d) Disable the large guns of the Germans.
5. How long is Charlie's trial?
(a) One hour.
(b) A few minutes.
(c) He does not go on trial.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thomas notice in town recruiting for the war?
2. What makes Thomas feel terribly empty while he is on leave?
3. Where does Thomas aim?
4. On what day does Thomas say he was born?
5. Who pulls Thomas out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Thomas is writing a letter home and how does Thomas respond?
2. What does Thomas do on his one day of leave and why does that leave him feeling empty inside?
3. Why is Molly at Charlie and Thomas' house one day when they return from work and what has she brought with her?
4. How does Thomas experience some of the gas and what happens when a German soldier sees Thomas?
5. What happens to Thomas in the German bunker and who pulls him out?
6. What happens when the next wave of shelling stops?
7. What news does Molly announce and how does Charlie respond?
8. What does Thomas wait for for a night and day and what is the outcome?
9. What is the front line like?
10. What happens to Charlie when they return to their own lines?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)