|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas do when he gets to a trench further back from the front lines?
(a) Falls unconscious.
(c) Shakes uncontrollably.
2. What does Thomas say he plans to do?
(a) Beat up the Colonel.
(b) Take over Charlie's job at the farm after Charlie enlists.
(c) Lie about his age and enlist.
(d) Never go to war.
3. Who does Thomas go to see on leave?
(a) His friend who is still recovering from wounds.
(c) No one.
4. What happens in the next minute after the German soldier sees the English?
(a) The German throws a grenade.
(b) The English shoot the German.
(c) The English tackle the German and gag him.
(d) The German runs shrieking to his comrades.
5. How does Charlie feel about what Molly tells him?
(a) He does not believe it.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Thomas is back from leave, how far does the wave of advancing Germans get when the shelling stops?
2. Where does Thomas aim?
3. Where part of Thomas' body gets wounded?
4. What does Molly tell Charlie?
5. On what day does Thomas say he was born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Charlie, Thomas, and the rest of the regiment feel about the war during training?
2. How do the men feel about Hanley's order, who voices that opinion, and what does Hanley say?
3. What does the Colonel demand and how does he threaten Charlie's family?
4. Why is Molly at Charlie and Thomas' house one day when they return from work and what has she brought with her?
5. What happens when Thomas is writing a letter home and how does Thomas respond?
6. While in Wipers, what does the company do for two whole days?
7. Where are Charlie and Thomas sent and why are they glad at first?
8. What is the front line like?
9. What happens when Thomas arrives in France?
10. What does Thomas wait for for a night and day and what is the outcome?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)