|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bertha buried?
(a) They never find her body.
(b) They cremate her.
(c) In the woods.
(d) In the orchard.
2. What does Thomas feel about Molly and Charlie as time goes on?
(a) He hopes Molly will like him instead of Charlie.
(b) He hopes they will get married.
(c) He hopes Molly won't dessert Charlie again.
(d) He is being left behind.
3. How does Thomas and Charlie get rid of food they did not like?
(a) Stuff it in their pockets.
(b) Give it to the dog.
(c) Stuff the food in their mouths and run outside and spit it out.
(d) Give it to Big Joe.
4. What does Molly tell Grandma Wolf?
(a) Grandma Wolf is a devil.
(c) Grandma Wolf will go to hell after death.
(d) Grandma Wolf should move out.
5. Who is Grandma Wolf?
(a) Thomas' great aunt.
(b) An elderly neighbor.
(c) Thomas' teacher.
(d) Thomas' paternal grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Thomas and Charlie separated?
2. What does Thomas learn how to do at school?
3. What does Thomas Peaceful want to remember tonight?
4. When does Grandma Wolf smack Big Joe because of his fondness for certain animals?
5. What is Grandma Wolf's new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie do when he sees Thomas in a fight with Jimmy Parsons and what happens to the boys who are fighting?
2. How do Molly and Charlie gradually become distanced from Thomas and what is Thomas' response?
3. What happens when the Colonel arrives at the cottage the morning after Charlie steals Bertha?
4. Describe Thomas and Charlie's poaching experience.
5. What does Big Joe do after Bertha's funeral and why isn't anyone worried?
6. How do Charlie and Thomas thwart Grandma Wolf's attempts to get rid of the mice?
7. What do Charlie, Thomas, and Molly do when one of the mice is caught and killed?
8. At the novel's opening, what does Thomas Peaceful want to remember this night?
9. What future does Molly read in the gravel for her and the boys.
10. How does the boys' situation change for the better after the Colonel's wife dies?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)