|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie convince Thomas to do for him concerning Molly?
(a) Deliver letters.
(b) Try to talk to Molly and convince her to run away with Charlie.
(c) Try to convince her parents that Charlie is not a thief.
(d) Set up meetings with Molly.
2. Why doesn't Charlie see Molly or Thomas much after the Bertha incident?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He has been drafted.
(c) He is working across the town.
(d) He is ill.
3. Why is Thomas proud of Charlie on the day that Big Joe comes to school?
(a) Because Charlie tells Thomas' punishment.
(b) Because Charlie tells Mr. Munnings the truth.
(c) Because Charlie does not let Big Joe know the other kids were making fun of him.
(d) Because Charlie is so stoic about the cane beating.
4. How does Thomas feel towards Molly when he see her on Christmas Eve?
(c) A different, deeper love.
5. What is the first thing Thomas thinks about from his past?
(a) His first day of school.
(b) His father and mother yelling at each other.
(c) His first bike ride.
(d) His brother being hit by a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas realize when he and Charlie are caught on the Colonel's land?
2. What does the Colonel demand when he comes to the cottage in the morning?
3. How many years of yesterdays and tomorrows does Thomas Peaceful have?
4. Why do the boys end up enjoying their Saturdays?
5. How does Grandma Wolf feel about Big Joe's favorite animal?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the novel's opening, who is Thomas Peaceful with and why is he determined not to sleep?
2. Where do they bury Bertha and why kind of funeral does she receive?
3. What is life like when Grandma Wolf comes to live at the boys' home?
4. What precipitates a fight at school between Thomas and Jimmy Parsons?
5. How does the boys' situation change for the better after the Colonel's wife dies?
6. Why is Thomas glad to be working at the same farm as Charlie?
7. What happens when Thomas and Charlie arrive at school on Thomas' first day of school?
8. Describe Thomas and Charlie's poaching experience.
9. What future does Molly read in the gravel for her and the boys.
10. What do Charlie, Thomas, and Molly do when one of the mice is caught and killed?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)