|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Big Joe after Bertha's burial?
(a) Goes back and sits by Bertha's grave.
(b) Goes and lies under his bed.
(c) Goes to the Colonel's house.
(d) Wanders off.
2. What do Molly and Charlie both do?
(a) Prepare for college.
(b) Begin to take drives into the country.
(c) Quit school.
(d) Join a radical political group.
3. What does Big Joe ask his mother?
(a) If Bertha has a soul.
(b) If the Colonel will go to hell for killing Bertha.
(c) If animals go to a different heaven from humans.
(d) If they will all go to heaven when they die.
4. What does the Colonel say they can do with Bertha?
(a) Eat her for all he cares.
(b) Return her immediatly.
(c) Bring her back that afternoon.
(d) Have her.
5. Why do Molly, Charlie, and Thomas bury a mouse and sing a hymn over its grave?
(a) The children want to give their father some company.
(b) Molly wants the kids to learn about death.
(c) To make Grandma Wolf feel badly.
(d) Big Joe is so despondent about its demise.
6. How much does Charlie's mother give the Colonel for Bertha?
(c) An extra day's work.
7. What happens when Thomas wakes Big Joe when they find him?
(a) He says he is hungry.
(b) He says he wants to die.
(c) He says Bertha slept with him.
(d) He says Bertha is not mad at the Colonel.
8. Who is Charlie?
(a) Thomas' father.
(b) Thomas' best friend in the first grade.
(c) Thomas' brother.
(d) The next-door neighbor.
9. Why are the boys happy after Grandma Wolf is no longer there?
(a) Their mother is back home.
(b) Grandma Wolf buys Big Joe a mouse.
(c) Their mother remarries.
(d) Grandma Wolf is now being nice to them.
10. What is Thomas worried about in this first memory?
(a) Falling off the bike.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
11. Where is Bertha buried?
(a) In the orchard.
(b) In the woods.
(c) They cremate her.
(d) They never find her body.
12. What does Thomas learn how to do at school?
(a) Write his name.
(b) Use the water fountain.
(c) Say the pledge of allegiance.
(d) Tie his boots.
13. What does Thomas Peaceful want to remember tonight?
(a) To call his best friend at midnight.
(b) To pray.
(c) All the memories of his life.
(d) Everything about his father.
14. How many years of yesterdays and tomorrows does Thomas Peaceful have?
(a) Almost ten years.
(b) He does not specify.
(c) Nearly eighteen years.
(d) Nearly twelve years.
15. Why do the boys end up enjoying their Saturdays?
(a) They learn how to gamble.
(b) They make good friends with the dogs.
(c) They become friends with the Colonel.
(d) They learn a great deal about farming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Big Joe say is his favorite food?
2. What does the Colonel demand when he comes to the cottage in the morning?
3. Where are Charlie and Thomas made to walk?
4. Where does Big Joe keep his new pet?
5. Who figures out where Big Joe is?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)