|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nearly Four O'clock.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when a German comes out from behind a curtain?
(a) He raises his hands and surrenders.
(b) He starts shooting at the English.
(c) The German and the English stare at each other for a minute.
(d) He falls to the ground and begs for his life.
2. What does Big Joe ask his mother?
(a) If Bertha has a soul.
(b) If they will all go to heaven when they die.
(c) If animals go to a different heaven from humans.
(d) If the Colonel will go to hell for killing Bertha.
3. What do Charlie, Thomas, and their mother on the day of the burial do after it gets dark?
(a) Have dinner and hope Big Joe will arrive.
(b) Call the Colonel.
(c) Decide to wait until morning to search for Big Joe.
(d) Search for Big Joe.
4. What does Thomas' mother start doing for the Colonel?
(a) Keeps his books.
(b) Takes care of the Colonel's wife.
(c) Does his correspondence.
(d) Supervises the hired help.
5. What does Molly bring with her when she comes to visit Charlie at his house?
(a) A puppy.
(b) Her luggage.
(c) A note from her parents.
(d) A kitten.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie feel about what Molly tells him?
2. What do Charlie, Thomas, and the rest of the trainees think of the war during boot camp?
3. What song do they sing at Bertha's grave?
4. Why do the boys end up enjoying their Saturdays?
5. What do Molly and Charlie both do?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)