|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nearly Four O'clock.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Thomas wakes Big Joe when they find him?
(a) He says he wants to die.
(b) He says Bertha slept with him.
(c) He says Bertha is not mad at the Colonel.
(d) He says he is hungry.
2. Why does Big Joe run to the school one day?
(a) To ask Thomas for help hunting caterpillars.
(b) He is being chased by some bees he disturbed.
(c) He is being chased by one of the town bullies.
(d) To show Thomas a slow worm Big Joe finds.
3. Once Thomas is back from leave, how far does the wave of advancing Germans get when the shelling stops?
(a) They do not push forward.
(b) Into the Allied trenches.
(c) To the middle of the back lines.
(d) Not even to the barbed wire.
4. How does Charlie feel about what Molly tells him?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He does not believe it.
(d) He is depressed.
5. What does Thomas usually forgo while at school?
(a) Flicking his lucky knife open and closed.
(b) Talking to Charlie.
(c) Eating his lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Charlie and Thomas do every Saturday until Christmas Eve?
2. Why doesn't Charlie see Molly or Thomas much after the Bertha incident?
3. Why does Big Joe's family get worried when it becomes dark?
4. What does Molly start doing after the fighting incident at school?
5. What is one way that Molly is different when the boys see her on Christmas Eve?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)