|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Minute Past Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas say he plans to do?
(a) Beat up the Colonel.
(b) Lie about his age and enlist.
(c) Take over Charlie's job at the farm after Charlie enlists.
(d) Never go to war.
2. Why are the boys happy after Grandma Wolf is no longer there?
(a) Their mother is back home.
(b) Grandma Wolf is now being nice to them.
(c) Grandma Wolf buys Big Joe a mouse.
(d) Their mother remarries.
3. What is Sergeant Hanely's nickname?
(a) Horrible Hanley.
(b) Hanley the Hick.
(c) Hard-hearted Hanley.
(d) Hopeless Hanley.
4. What do Charlie and Thomas try one more time while Molly is sick?
(b) Making peace with the boy who bullied Big joe.
(c) Going down an abandoned mine shaft.
(d) Finding buried treasure at an abandoned house.
5. What seems to be briefly forgotten right after Big Joe is found?
(a) Old grudges.
(b) Big Joe's irritating behaviors.
(d) Grandma Wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might Big Joe be more upset than the family realizes?
2. What caused most of the casualties?
3. Who is Charlie?
4. Where do Molly and Charlie begin to work?
5. Where does Big Joe keep his new pet?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)