|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nearly Quarter Past Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Molly predict when she reads Thomas, Charlie, and her future?
(a) Thomas will marry her.
(b) Charlie will die soon.
(c) Big Joe will do something extraordinary.
(d) They will always be together.
2. Why are the boys happy after Grandma Wolf is no longer there?
(a) Grandma Wolf is now being nice to them.
(b) Their mother remarries.
(c) Grandma Wolf buys Big Joe a mouse.
(d) Their mother is back home.
3. Why is Thomas proud of Charlie on the day that Big Joe comes to school?
(a) Because Charlie tells Thomas' punishment.
(b) Because Charlie tells Mr. Munnings the truth.
(c) Because Charlie is so stoic about the cane beating.
(d) Because Charlie does not let Big Joe know the other kids were making fun of him.
4. How many years of yesterdays and tomorrows does Thomas Peaceful have?
(a) He does not specify.
(b) Nearly eighteen years.
(c) Almost ten years.
(d) Nearly twelve years.
5. Of what does the thing hanging from the fence remind Thomas?
(a) When his father leaves the family.
(b) His grandfather's farm.
(c) His father's death.
(d) His other brother's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomas describe Grandma Wolf?
2. How does Grandma Wolf feel about Big Joe's favorite animal?
3. Who is Charlie?
4. What animal does Big Joe love?
5. Why does Big Joe cry uncontrollably one day?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)