|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twenty to Eleven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thomas' father sometimes take Thomas into the woods?
(a) To give him a spanking.
(b) To learn how to identify trees.
(c) To be with the father when he is cutting timber.
(d) To learn how to track animals.
2. Why is Big Joe happy about Thomas and Charlie's conspiracy concerning food at meals?
(a) He finds it amusing to see the boys' pockets bulging.
(b) He doesn't have to feed his dog as much other stuff.
(c) He likes to eat the extra food.
(d) He doesn't want the boys' mother to feel badly that they do like her cooking.
3. What is Thomas classified as when he starts school?
(a) A slow learner.
(b) A troublemaker.
(c) A biggun.
(d) A tiddler.
4. What is Thomas Peaceful determined not to do?
(a) Let his mother force him to sleep.
(b) Sleep this night.
(c) Be mean to his brother.
(d) Be angry at his father.
5. Why does Big Joe run to the school one day?
(a) He is being chased by one of the town bullies.
(b) To ask Thomas for help hunting caterpillars.
(c) He is being chased by some bees he disturbed.
(d) To show Thomas a slow worm Big Joe finds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas' mother start doing for the Colonel?
2. About what does Thomas feel guilty?
3. What secret does Thomas keep?
4. Why is Thomas proud of Charlie on the day that Big Joe comes to school?
5. Of what does the thing hanging from the fence remind Thomas?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)