|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nearly Four O'clock.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas say Big Joe used to eat?
(a) No meat.
(c) Only cornbread and beets.
(d) Only meat.
2. What does Thomas try not to do concerning Charlie or Molly?
(a) Daydream about Charlie dying and Thomas marrying Molly.
(b) Be alone with either of them.
(c) Wish they would move away.
(d) Be jealous.
3. What does Molly tell Grandma Wolf?
(a) Grandma Wolf should move out.
(b) Grandma Wolf will go to hell after death.
(c) Grandma Wolf is a devil.
4. What do Charlie and Thomas do every Saturday until Christmas Eve?
(a) Clean out the dog kennels at the Colonel's house.
(b) Go to mass.
(c) Write essays on morality.
(d) Play cards with their mother.
5. Why does Big Joe's family get worried when it becomes dark?
(a) Because Big Joe refuses to eat.
(b) Because they cannot find Big Joe.
(c) Because Bertha is alone in the dark.
(d) Because Bertha is in the dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas do at work that is different?
2. What do Charlie, Thomas, and the rest of the trainees think of the war during boot camp?
3. What has Thomas Peaceful finally managed to do?
4. What does Molly start doing after the fighting incident at school?
5. What does Charlie refuse to do?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)