|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nearly Four O'clock.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who beats up Thomas?
(a) One of the older boys at school.
(c) Mr. Munnings.
(d) Big Joe.
2. What does Thomas Peaceful want to remember tonight?
(a) To call his best friend at midnight.
(b) All the memories of his life.
(c) To pray.
(d) Everything about his father.
3. What secret does Thomas keep?
(a) That his father died saving Thomas' life.
(b) That Charlie loves a girl down the street.
(c) That his father was angry with Thomas just before the father dies.
(d) That Thomas' older brother sneaks out of the house at night.
4. How does Charlie feel about what Molly tells him?
(a) He does not believe it.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is angry.
5. Why might Big Joe be more upset than the family realizes?
(a) He say he is going to go to his room to sleep in the middle of the day.
(b) He does not cry when they bury Bertha.
(c) He is slow and may misunderstand the answers to his questions.
(d) He refuses to look for Bertha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Thomas aim?
2. What does Thomas say Big Joe used to eat?
3. Why was no one worried about Big Joe earlier in the afternoon of Bertha's burial?
4. What punishment does the Colonel decide to mete out?
5. What does Thomas' mother start doing for the Colonel?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)