|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nearly Four O'clock.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thomas go to see on leave?
(b) His friend who is still recovering from wounds.
(c) No one.
2. What is the result of Charlie's refusal?
(a) He is punished every night.
(b) He is given a dishonorable discharge.
(c) He is sent to the front lines.
(d) He is sent to the Navy brig.
3. Who refuses to cry out with each lash of the cane Mr. Munnings administers?
(c) Big Joe.
4. Why might Big Joe be more upset than the family realizes?
(a) He refuses to look for Bertha.
(b) He is slow and may misunderstand the answers to his questions.
(c) He does not cry when they bury Bertha.
(d) He say he is going to go to his room to sleep in the middle of the day.
5. Where is Bertha buried?
(a) In the woods.
(b) They cremate her.
(c) In the orchard.
(d) They never find her body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the company ordered on the third day?
2. Of what is Big Joe terrified?
3. Why does Thomas' father sometimes take Thomas into the woods?
4. Who figures out where Big Joe is?
5. Why doesn't Charlie see Molly or Thomas much after the Bertha incident?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)