|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nearly Four O'clock.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Thomas and Charlie separated?
(a) On the school bus.
(b) At the social worker's office.
(c) At school.
(d) At church.
2. Who is with the Colonel when he confronts the boys?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The bailiff and his hound.
(c) No one.
(d) His field supervisor.
3. Of what is Big Joe terrified?
(b) The dark.
(c) The Colonel.
(d) The devil.
4. What punishment does the Colonel decide to mete out?
(b) A whipping and chores.
(c) They have to cut firewood for the Colonel's house for the entire winter.
(d) They have to clear an acre field of rocks.
5. What does Thomas wonder when they are first in the German's lines?
(a) Why it is so neat.
(b) Where everyone is.
(c) How the Germans manage to have dry trenches.
(d) Why their food smells so much better than theirs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Big Joe love?
2. Why does Thomas' father sometimes take Thomas into the woods?
3. Where are Thomas, Charlie, and their local friends sent?
4. What does Thomas think at first as they fire at the oncoming Germans?
5. What happens when Thomas falls?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)