|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nearly Four O'clock.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Molly tell Grandma Wolf?
(a) Grandma Wolf should move out.
(b) Grandma Wolf will go to hell after death.
(c) Grandma Wolf is a devil.
2. Why does Grandma Wolf ask an animal charmer from the village come to the house once?
(a) To charm the spiders out of the house.
(b) To see if he could help the dog who was afraid of thunder.
(c) To see if he could make the horse stop bucking.
(d) To charm the Big Joe's pets away.
3. What does Thomas do during his and Charlie's venture onto the Colonel's property?
(a) Trip and knock over some tin cans.
(b) Fall asleep.
(c) Encounter one of the Colonel's dogs.
(d) Accidentally shoot an old pistol they found.
4. Who is Charlie?
(a) The next-door neighbor.
(b) Thomas' father.
(c) Thomas' brother.
(d) Thomas' best friend in the first grade.
5. Of what does the thing hanging from the fence remind Thomas?
(a) When his father leaves the family.
(b) His father's death.
(c) His other brother's death.
(d) His grandfather's farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Molly and Charlie both do?
2. Why is Thomas proud of Charlie on the day that Big Joe comes to school?
3. What are Charlie and Thomas glad to leave behind?
4. Of what is Big Joe terrified?
5. Why does Big Joe's family get worried when it becomes dark?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)