|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ten to Midnight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Charlie and Thomas do every Saturday until Christmas Eve?
(a) Go to mass.
(b) Play cards with their mother.
(c) Clean out the dog kennels at the Colonel's house.
(d) Write essays on morality.
2. What punishment does the Colonel decide to mete out?
(a) They have to clear an acre field of rocks.
(b) A whipping and chores.
(c) They have to cut firewood for the Colonel's house for the entire winter.
3. How successful is the animal charmer?
(a) The horse no longer bucks but it will not move anywhere.
(b) The dog stops cowering during thunderstorms.
(c) He manages to get the spiders all in one room.
(d) His is not successful at all.
4. What do Molly and Charlie both do?
(a) Quit school.
(b) Prepare for college.
(c) Join a radical political group.
(d) Begin to take drives into the country.
5. Why don't Charles and Thomas see Molly anymore?
(a) Because Molly gets angry with them.
(b) Because she moves away.
(c) Because of her illness.
(d) Because her father meets Big Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thomas classified as when he starts school?
2. What is one way that Molly is different when the boys see her on Christmas Eve?
3. What does Thomas feel about Molly and Charlie as time goes on?
4. Why does Big Joe cry uncontrollably one day?
5. How does Thomas and Charlie get rid of food they did not like?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)