|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fourteen Minutes Past Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sergeant Hanely's nickname?
(a) Hopeless Hanley.
(b) Hard-hearted Hanley.
(c) Hanley the Hick.
(d) Horrible Hanley.
2. Where does Big Joe keep his new pet?
(a) In a shoe box in his closet.
(b) In a shoe box under his bed.
(c) In an empty oatmeal box on his window sill.
(d) In his dresser drawer.
3. What does Thomas' mother start doing for the Colonel?
(a) Keeps his books.
(b) Takes care of the Colonel's wife.
(c) Supervises the hired help.
(d) Does his correspondence.
4. Who else suffers as a result of Charlie's refusal?
(a) No one.
(b) Molly since Charlie never gets leave.
(c) Charlie's squad.
(d) The entire regiment.
5. How do Charlie and Thomas thwart Grandma's scheme to rid the house of Big Joe's "pets"?
(a) They spring the mouse traps.
(b) They leave inanimate mice around.
(c) They hide the dog under the covers.
(d) They get their mother on their side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Big Joe after Bertha's burial?
2. What does Molly say that makes Thomas think he'll love her forever?
3. Why don't Charles and Thomas see Molly anymore?
4. Why does Grandma Wolf ask an animal charmer from the village come to the house once?
5. What does Molly do for Thomas?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)