|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Twenty-Five Past Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Colonel threaten Thomas' family?
(a) He says he will kick them out of the cottage if Charlie does not enlist.
(b) He does not threaten the family because he's in love with Thomas' mother.
(c) He says he will force Big Joe into an institution if Charlie does not enlist.
(d) He says he will raise their rent if Charlie keeps telling lies about the Colonel.
2. Why does the company huddle in their trenches for two straight days?
(a) They are told to hide.
(b) They are being bombed.
(c) The Germans are patrolling in tanks.
(d) The snow is too bad to go out.
3. What seems to be briefly forgotten right after Big Joe is found?
(a) Big Joe's irritating behaviors.
(c) Grandma Wolf.
(d) Old grudges.
4. What do Charlie and Thomas find when they return from work one day?
(a) The Colonel is dead.
(b) Their mother is ill.
(c) Molly is there.
(d) Grandma Wolf is dead.
5. What do Charlie and Thomas' mother do when the boys are caught on the Colonel's land?
(a) Pays the Colonel to teach the boys better manners.
(b) Allows the Colonel complete control over the boys' punishment.
(c) Stops the Colonel from whipping the boys.
(d) Pays the Colonel for dead fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie feel about what Molly tells him?
2. What happens when the Germans go into retreat?
3. What do Molly and Charlie both do?
4. How long does Thomas wait hoping Charlie appears?
5. What does Thomas say he plans to do?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)