Five Past Ten
1. What has Thomas Peaceful finally managed to do?
(a) Be alone.
(b) Remember a dream.
(c) Find his father.
(d) Feel happy.
2. What is Thomas Peaceful determined not to do?
(a) Be angry at his father.
(b) Sleep this night.
(c) Let his mother force him to sleep.
(d) Be mean to his brother.
3. How many years of yesterdays and tomorrows does Thomas Peaceful have?
(a) Nearly eighteen years.
(b) Almost ten years.
(c) He does not specify.
(d) Nearly twelve years.
4. What does Thomas Peaceful want to remember tonight?
(a) To call his best friend at midnight.
(b) All the memories of his life.
(c) Everything about his father.
(d) To pray.
5. What is the first thing Thomas thinks about from his past?
(a) His brother being hit by a car.
(b) His father and mother yelling at each other.
(c) His first day of school.
(d) His first bike ride.
6. What is Thomas worried about in this first memory?
(a) Falling off the bike.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
This section contains 5,251 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)