|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the prison experiment, what did the subjects feel?
2. Margaret Thatcher hoped the advertising agency would bring up what type of emotions in people?
3. Lessing believed that anyone studying sects was susceptible to ______________.
(a) Accusing innocent people.
(b) Not taking the study seriously.
(c) Believing their doctrine.
(d) Going crazy.
4. Concerning conformity, Lessing believed that __________had the most influence on an individual.
(b) The self.
(d) Political parties.
5. During the Milgram experiment, what did most of the subjects do?
(a) Helped the victim.
(b) Followed directions.
(c) Called the police.
(d) Asked to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do most people ignore the existence of brainwashing techniques?
2. What attitude did Lessing strive for, when it came to tragedy?
3. What percentage of the world has a strong tendency towards leadership, according to experts?
4. What did many of the victims do during the Milgram experiment?
5. When unprompted confessions took place during the war, what did governments begin to study?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Margaret Thatcher use an advertising agency as a method to get elected?
2. Are all aspects of brainwashing intentional?
3. What type of wars did Lessing live through?
4. Why was Lessing opposed to mass emotion?
5. Why did Lessing believe that insane people are the only ones safe against brainwashing?
6. Why would a government or sect of any sort want to control its subjects through brainwashing?
7. Why do people often conform to groups?
8. According to Lessing, why is elitism considered unfashionable?
9. What types of organizations have studied or used brainwashing?
10. When confronted with a group opinion, why is it often difficult to maintain an opposing, individual opinion?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)