|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years have governments and priesthoods used brainwashing techniques?
2. What happened to the man who named his cat "King of Kings"?
(a) He was invited to a State dinner.
(b) He was lauded.
(c) He was mocked.
(d) He was imprisoned.
3. Why did society accept work from Jean Rhys that had previously been rejected?
(a) They decided she was acceptable.
(b) To create scandal.
(c) They were paid off.
(d) To rebel.
4. What did many of the victims do during the Milgram experiment?
5. What country did the Shah rule?
Short Answer Questions
1. With brainwashing techniques, soldiers can be made to feel ________ about killing.
2. In an experiment referenced by Lessing, groups fought individuals about the length of _____________.
3. During the Korean War, who confessed to crimes they did not commit?
4. In the United States, people confessed to ridiculous crimes during _____________.
5. What percentage of the world has a strong tendency towards leadership, according to experts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lessing believe that insane people are the only ones safe against brainwashing?
2. Why do most people believe they are not susceptible to brainwashing?
3. Why was Lessing opposed to mass emotion?
4. When it comes to commentators and critics, what breeds an air of familiarity with viewers?
5. What type of wars did Lessing live through?
6. When confronted with a group opinion, why is it often difficult to maintain an opposing, individual opinion?
7. What is the price an individual might pay if he resists the group mentality?
8. What type of ideas can be put into a subject's mind during the brainwashing process?
9. Why do people often conform to groups?
10. What types of organizations have studied or used brainwashing?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)