|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Milgram experiment, people were instructed to give other people _____________.
(a) A black eye.
(b) Pink slips.
(c) A kiss.
(d) Electric shocks.
2. Concerning conformity, Lessing believed that __________had the most influence on an individual.
(a) The self.
(c) Political parties.
3. Lessing considered the time period of World War II to be ___________.
4. How many books did Lessing write under a pseudonym?
5. During the Korean War, who confessed to crimes they did not commit?
(a) American citizens.
(b) American soldiers.
(c) Korean soldiers.
(d) Korean citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lessing is convinced that too many people are ____________.
2. Who turned down Lessing's first book written under a pseudonym?
3. What has become a natural complement to brainwashing, according to Lessing?
4. According to Lessing, what are power structures across the globe putting into practice?
5. Through understanding brainwashing, Lessing hoped that people could let go of ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of wars did Lessing live through?
2. When confronted with a group opinion, why is it often difficult to maintain an opposing, individual opinion?
3. Why do most people not want to hear about brainwashing?
4. Why would a government or sect of any sort want to control its subjects through brainwashing?
5. Why do most people believe they are not susceptible to brainwashing?
6. Who is Jean Rhys? Why did all of her work become popular?
7. What type of ideas can be put into a subject's mind during the brainwashing process?
8. What is the price an individual might pay if he resists the group mentality?
9. Are all aspects of brainwashing intentional?
10. When it comes to commentators and critics, what breeds an air of familiarity with viewers?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)