|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Milgram experiment, people were instructed to give other people _____________.
(a) Electric shocks.
(b) Pink slips.
(c) A black eye.
(d) A kiss.
2. When unprompted confessions took place during the war, what did governments begin to study?
(a) Mental capacity.
(c) Food quality.
3. Lessing believed that anyone studying sects was susceptible to ______________.
(a) Going crazy.
(b) Believing their doctrine.
(c) Not taking the study seriously.
(d) Accusing innocent people.
4. What was Margaret Thatcher's title?
(a) President of the United States.
(b) Princess of Arabia.
(c) First Lady of Russia.
(d) British Prime Minister.
5. What has become a natural complement to brainwashing, according to Lessing?
6. After the prison experiment, what did the subjects feel?
7. What was Jean Rhys' occupation?
8. According to Lessing, what do humans require?
(b) Lots of money.
(c) Free thinking.
9. What are two entities which perpetuate brainwashing?
(a) Religion and farmers.
(b) Advertising and government.
(c) Hollywood and religion.
(d) Government and the food industry.
10. What pseudonym did Lessing write under?
(a) Jessica Walsh.
(b) Jane Doe.
(c) April Smalley.
(d) Jane Somers.
11. How might it benefit a leader to be unaware if his regime is treating the people poorly?
(a) He is not forced to act.
(b) He can rule in blissful ignorance.
(c) All of these.
(d) He can claim innocence.
12. According to Lessing, what are power structures across the globe putting into practice?
(a) Taxation without representation.
(b) Training for the individual.
(c) Technological advancements.
(d) Group psychology.
13. What did Lessing propose that our government should do?
(a) Give money to the poor.
(b) Aid foreign countries.
(c) Secretly evaluate its workers.
(d) Pay attention to technology.
14. In Lessing's opinion, elitism is _____________.
(b) All of these.
15. Lessing refers to examples such as the acceptance of Jean Rhys' work as what type of mentality?
(c) "Rule the world."
(d) "Popular perception."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to researchers, those who resist indoctrination the most are the ones very capable in what area?
2. What percentage of the world has a strong tendency towards leadership, according to experts?
3. During the Korean War, who confessed to crimes they did not commit?
4. Concerning conformity, Lessing believed that __________had the most influence on an individual.
5. What did many of the victims do during the Milgram experiment?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)