|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Lessing's time in Rhodesia, how many people were in the political party she briefly joined?
2. When the bull keeper was killed, who asked for compensation?
(a) The boy's parents.
(b) The owner of the bull.
(c) The farmer.
(d) No one.
3. When did the political group Lessing belonged to in Rhodesia fall apart?
(a) After the war.
(b) When she betrayed it.
(c) During the war.
(d) In the 1980's.
4. Who wrote the Arthasastra?
(c) The Apostle Paul.
(d) Rudyard Kipling.
5. When did the miner's strike referenced by Lessing take place?
6. What is the origin of the farmer who owned the bull?
7. What was the label put on anyone in Rhodesia who disagreed with the ruling class?
(c) Sexually depraved.
(d) All of these.
8. What was Lessing's concern regarding the application of science on human behavior?
(a) It was not being applied.
(b) It was outdated.
(c) The data was faked.
(d) The data was biased.
9. Lessing believed it common for people to embrace ________.
(a) Intelligent ideas.
(b) Ridiculous beliefs.
(c) Progressive ideals.
(d) New leaders.
10. Lessing believed that groups act together due to ___________.
(a) A desire for survival.
(b) Social pecking orders.
(c) A need to connect.
(d) Pack mentality.
11. Where did Lessing grow up?
(b) Southern Rhodesia.
(d) Great Britain.
12. What nationality was Friedrich Hebbel?
13. Lessing referred to the sciences regarding human behavior as what type of science?
14. What was the result of the miner's strike?
(a) Mine explosions.
(c) Positive publicity.
(d) Book burning.
15. What did the farmer do to punish the bull for its kill?
(a) Killed it.
(b) Whipped it.
(c) Bred it.
(d) Sold it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lessing believe the bull owner had no control over his response?
2. What was Rhodesia ruled by?
3. Lessing referenced a ten-year war of independence that took place in ___________.
4. Lessing believed the human race to be in _________.
5. What position did Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. hold?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)