|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Switching Off to See Dallas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of exposure leads the public to feel less for terrible disasters?
2. Where did the miner's strike referenced by Lessing take place?
(b) United States.
3. What are some of the steps in brainwashing?
(a) The use of slogans.
(b) Tension followed by relaxation.
(c) All of these.
4. What was Rhodesia ruled by?
(a) A white majority.
(b) A white minority.
(c) A black minority.
(d) A black majority.
5. What idea was popular prior to Hitler and the Cold War?
(d) One world united.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lessing remember about the group of people in the party she briefly joined in Rhodesia?
2. Lessing mentions a tree that was cut down in what country?
3. With brainwashing techniques, soldiers can be made to feel ________ about killing.
4. According to researchers, those who resist indoctrination the most are the ones very capable in what area?
5. Lessing referenced a ten-year war of independence that took place in ___________.
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)