When in the Future They Look Back on Us
• Lessing told a story about a farmer killing a bull because it killed its keeper.
• The violent response, according to Lessing, came from an animal instinct instead of common sense.
• Another point was made regarding a tree cut down in France due to its association with a traitor.
• Lessing discussed the primitive nature of humans, as demonstrated by this event.
• Lessing said the human race is in a bad place, yet there is hope to change and grow if we learn from the past.
• The Arthásàstra, by Kautilya, gives Lessing hope as it was written long ago and is only the first in a line of books about sensible governing.
• In the future, Lessing thinks people will be startled by our knowledge yet lack of ability to put it to good use.
• Lessing felt negative trends such...
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)