|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fouls Harry during the Quidditch Cup finals?
2. How many dementors does Harry see at the lake attacking Sirius Black?
3. What does Ron find in Hagrid's hut when he is there trying to comfort Hagrid?
4. What is it called when the dementors suck the life out of their victims?
5. Why was the Whomping Willow planted at Hogwarts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter use to transform himself into a rat?
2. What does Harry hear before passing out when the dementors are near him?
3. What is an animagus?
4. Where does Harry wake up after passing out by the lake with all the dementors?
5. How does the group get the unconscious Snape back to Hogwarts once they have made their decision about what to do with Pettigrew?
6. How does Harry scare Malfoy in Hogsmeade village when he is teasing Ron?
7. Who pretends to be dementors at the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
8. What does Trelawney tell Harry will happen that night as he is leaving his Divination exam?
9. Who told James Potter to change his secret keeper?
10. Who wins the Quidditch Cup for Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain some of the spells from the book and how they were executed. What significance do these spells have on the outcome of the book and the growth of Harry's character?
Essay Topic 2
The dementors are a very integral part of this plot. How do their actions change the tide of the plot? Do you think they are aware of what they are doing? Why or why not? Make sure to use examples from the text to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Why might Rowling have allowed Pettigrew to live at the end of the book? What kind of message does this send and do you think he should have been killed? Why or why not?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)