|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sent Harry his Firebolt broom?
2. What does Ron find in Hagrid's hut when he is there trying to comfort Hagrid?
3. What form does Harry's patronus take?
4. Where does the tunnel under the Whomping Willow lead?
5. Why did Sirius not tell Lupin about the change in the Potter's secret keeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lupin leaving Hogwarts after only his first year of teaching?
2. What does Trelawney tell Harry will happen that night as he is leaving his Divination exam?
3. What is an animagus?
4. How does the group get the unconscious Snape back to Hogwarts once they have made their decision about what to do with Pettigrew?
5. Why did Peter Pettigrew cut off his own finger?
6. What does Peter use to transform himself into a rat?
7. What does Lupin try to teach Harry in their private lessons after the Christmas break?
8. Who is the Ravenclaw's new seeker during Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
9. Where does Harry wake up after passing out by the lake with all the dementors?
10. Who jumps at Sirius Black's chest to protect him from Harry in the Shrieking Shack?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Lupin's secret identity and how does this affect the outcome of the book? Why does Lupin feel he must keep this a secret and what does this say about the nature of the other people at Hogwarts?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Why might Rowling have allowed Pettigrew to live at the end of the book? What kind of message does this send and do you think he should have been killed? Why or why not?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)