|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Harry and his group take the unconscious man from the Shack back to Hogwarts?
2. What form does Harry's patronus take?
3. What does Hermione do when Malfoy starts mocking them about Buckbeak?
4. What do Harry, Ron, and Hermione do when they hear Hagrid crying over Buckbeak's execution?
5. Who wishes Harry good luck just before he enters to field for the Quidditch Cup finals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Harry wake up after passing out by the lake with all the dementors?
2. What happens when Snape tries to use the Marauder's Map?
3. Why did Peter Pettigrew cut off his own finger?
4. Why are the students at Hogwarts not able to enjoy the first warm weather after winter?
5. What does Trelawney tell Harry will happen that night as he is leaving his Divination exam?
6. Who wins the Quidditch Cup for Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
7. What does Hermione do to Malfoy when he jokes about Buckbeak getting executed?
8. What does Peter use to transform himself into a rat?
9. How does Harry scare Malfoy in Hogsmeade village when he is teasing Ron?
10. What does Harry hear before passing out when the dementors are near him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the time turner affect the course of the plot and what important cautions are given to those who use it?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What is Lupin's secret identity and how does this affect the outcome of the book? Why does Lupin feel he must keep this a secret and what does this say about the nature of the other people at Hogwarts?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)