|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Whomping Willow planted at Hogwarts?
2. Who is Ron holding while Lupin tells his story the night of Buckbeak's execution?
3. Where does the tunnel under the Whomping Willow lead?
4. Who told Voldemort where the Potters were on the night that they were killed?
5. How many dementors does Harry see at the lake attacking Sirius Black?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who jumps at Sirius Black's chest to protect him from Harry in the Shrieking Shack?
2. Who wins the Quidditch Cup for Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
3. What happens when Snape tries to use the Marauder's Map?
4. What is an animagus?
5. Who told James Potter to change his secret keeper?
6. What happened to Lupin as a young child that changed the rest of his life?
7. Who does Dumbledore want Hermione and Harry to save by using the time turner?
8. Who walks into the room just as Lupin and Black finish telling Harry their story at the Shrieking Shack?
9. What does Sirius Black send Harry as he boards the Hogwarts Express?
10. Why did Peter Pettigrew cut off his own finger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Peter Pettigrew uses many different lies to acheive his horrible goals. What are some of these and how did they poison the characters who heard them?
Essay Topic 2
Peter Pettigrew was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Pettigrew had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)