|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the end of the necklace that Hermione uses to send herself and Harry back in time?
2. Who sent Harry his Firebolt broom?
3. Why do Ron and Hermione stop speaking to each other during the Christmas holiday?
4. How did the unwelcome visitor enter Harry's room when his bed curtains were slashed?
5. Why does Harry decide to do with the man who was responsible for his parent's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry scare Malfoy in Hogsmeade village when he is teasing Ron?
2. Why are the students at Hogwarts not able to enjoy the first warm weather after winter?
3. Who pretends to be dementors at the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
4. Why did Peter Pettigrew cut off his own finger?
5. What does Trelawney tell Harry will happen that night as he is leaving his Divination exam?
6. Why is Lupin leaving Hogwarts after only his first year of teaching?
7. What does Peter use to transform himself into a rat?
8. Who wins the Quidditch Cup for Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
9. Who does Dumbledore want Hermione and Harry to save by using the time turner?
10. What happens when Snape tries to use the Marauder's Map?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why might Rowling have allowed Pettigrew to live at the end of the book? What kind of message does this send and do you think he should have been killed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain some of the spells from the book and how they were executed. What significance do these spells have on the outcome of the book and the growth of Harry's character?
Essay Topic 3
Trelawney is an important piece in the puzzle of this plot. Explain her character and the significance her and her class had on Harry's well-being and the plot.
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)