|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sirius tell Harry as they are returning to Hogwarts that makes Harry extremely happy?
2. Why was a finger the only thing found of Peter Pettigrew the night of his confrontation with Black?
3. What must Harry do in order to make the charm that Lupin is teaching him work?
4. How many times does Hermione turn her time-turner before she sends herself and Harry back in time.
5. Why did Sirius not tell Lupin about the change in the Potter's secret keeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Peter Pettigrew cut off his own finger?
2. What does Hermione do to Malfoy when he jokes about Buckbeak getting executed?
3. What does Lupin try to teach Harry in their private lessons after the Christmas break?
4. What happens when Snape tries to use the Marauder's Map?
5. What does Harry hear before passing out when the dementors are near him?
6. Why is Lupin leaving Hogwarts after only his first year of teaching?
7. Where does Harry wake up after passing out by the lake with all the dementors?
8. What does Peter use to transform himself into a rat?
9. Who jumps at Sirius Black's chest to protect him from Harry in the Shrieking Shack?
10. How does the group get the unconscious Snape back to Hogwarts once they have made their decision about what to do with Pettigrew?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the attributes that make a true leader? Who are the true leaders in this book and how does their leadership affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Harry at the lake near the end of the book and what deeper meanings does this event imply? How does this one event change Harry's life and perspective?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)