|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Harry, Hermione, and Ron run into after their final exams?
2. What is Harry called by the man who ties up Lupin and Sirius in the Shack?
3. Who is Ron holding while Lupin tells his story the night of Buckbeak's execution?
4. Who defends Harry when Snape accuses him of helping Sirius escape?
5. How do Harry and his group take the unconscious man from the Shack back to Hogwarts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter use to transform himself into a rat?
2. Who is the Ravenclaw's new seeker during Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
3. What happened to Lupin as a young child that changed the rest of his life?
4. How does the group get the unconscious Snape back to Hogwarts once they have made their decision about what to do with Pettigrew?
5. Who jumps at Sirius Black's chest to protect him from Harry in the Shrieking Shack?
6. Where does Harry wake up after passing out by the lake with all the dementors?
7. What does Hermione do to Malfoy when he jokes about Buckbeak getting executed?
8. Why are the students at Hogwarts not able to enjoy the first warm weather after winter?
9. Why is Lupin leaving Hogwarts after only his first year of teaching?
10. Who does Dumbledore want Hermione and Harry to save by using the time turner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trelawney is an important piece in the puzzle of this plot. Explain her character and the significance her and her class had on Harry's well-being and the plot.
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Harry at the lake near the end of the book and what deeper meanings does this event imply? How does this one event change Harry's life and perspective?
Essay Topic 3
Peter Pettigrew uses many different lies to acheive his horrible goals. What are some of these and how did they poison the characters who heard them?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)