|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione do when Malfoy starts mocking them about Buckbeak?
2. What does Ron accuse Hermione of after finding something in his room after the second quidditch game?
3. Who walks into the room as Lupin finishes telling his story to Harry the night of Buckbeak's execution?
4. Who is the Seeker of Ravenclaw?
5. What appears on the field during the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Trelawney tell Harry will happen that night as he is leaving his Divination exam?
2. What does Sirius Black send Harry as he boards the Hogwarts Express?
3. What happens when Snape tries to use the Marauder's Map?
4. What does Hermione do to Malfoy when he jokes about Buckbeak getting executed?
5. Where does Harry wake up after passing out by the lake with all the dementors?
6. Who walks into the room just as Lupin and Black finish telling Harry their story at the Shrieking Shack?
7. Why did Peter Pettigrew cut off his own finger?
8. What does Lupin try to teach Harry in their private lessons after the Christmas break?
9. Who pretends to be dementors at the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
10. Who wins the Quidditch Cup for Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Why might Rowling have allowed Pettigrew to live at the end of the book? What kind of message does this send and do you think he should have been killed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Trelawney is an important piece in the puzzle of this plot. Explain her character and the significance her and her class had on Harry's well-being and the plot.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)