|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione do in Trelawney's class after her confrontation with Malfoy?
2. What is on the end of the necklace that Hermione uses to send herself and Harry back in time?
3. Who walks into the room as Lupin finishes telling his story to Harry the night of Buckbeak's execution?
4. Where does the tunnel under the Whomping Willow lead?
5. How do Harry and his group take the unconscious man from the Shack back to Hogwarts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the students at Hogwarts not able to enjoy the first warm weather after winter?
2. Who pretends to be dementors at the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
3. Who does Dumbledore want Hermione and Harry to save by using the time turner?
4. Who told James Potter to change his secret keeper?
5. Why did Peter Pettigrew cut off his own finger?
6. What does Peter use to transform himself into a rat?
7. What is an animagus?
8. What does Hermione do to Malfoy when he jokes about Buckbeak getting executed?
9. Who is the Ravenclaw's new seeker during Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
10. How does Harry scare Malfoy in Hogsmeade village when he is teasing Ron?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry endures a crucible of sorts before the end of the book. What lessons does Harry learn through this experience and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
Essay Topic 2
Explain some of the spells from the book and how they were executed. What significance do these spells have on the outcome of the book and the growth of Harry's character?
Essay Topic 3
Why might Rowling have allowed Pettigrew to live at the end of the book? What kind of message does this send and do you think he should have been killed? Why or why not?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)