|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry decide to do with the man who was responsible for his parent's death?
2. How did the unwelcome visitor enter Harry's room when his bed curtains were slashed?
3. How did Lupin discover that Peter Pettigrew was still alive?
4. Who is the Seeker of Ravenclaw?
5. What was James Potter able to transform himself into when he was a student at Hogwarts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Trelawney tell Harry will happen that night as he is leaving his Divination exam?
2. Who wins the Quidditch Cup for Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
3. Who pretends to be dementors at the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
4. Why did Peter Pettigrew cut off his own finger?
5. What happens when Snape tries to use the Marauder's Map?
6. What is an animagus?
7. How does the group get the unconscious Snape back to Hogwarts once they have made their decision about what to do with Pettigrew?
8. Who does Dumbledore want Hermione and Harry to save by using the time turner?
9. Who jumps at Sirius Black's chest to protect him from Harry in the Shrieking Shack?
10. Who told James Potter to change his secret keeper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a secret keeper, and what place does this term have in the course of the book's plot? In what other places is the theme of secrecy present and how does this affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Peter Pettigrew was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Pettigrew had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)