|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the end of the necklace that Hermione uses to send herself and Harry back in time?
2. What does Hermione do in Trelawney's class after her confrontation with Malfoy?
3. Who defends Harry when Snape accuses him of helping Sirius escape?
4. What does Harry see outside the night before the Quidditch Cup finals?
5. What starts running towards Ron as he nears the castle after Buckbeak's execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who pretends to be dementors at the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
2. Who jumps at Sirius Black's chest to protect him from Harry in the Shrieking Shack?
3. What does Sirius Black send Harry as he boards the Hogwarts Express?
4. What happened to Lupin as a young child that changed the rest of his life?
5. What is an animagus?
6. How does the group get the unconscious Snape back to Hogwarts once they have made their decision about what to do with Pettigrew?
7. Who told James Potter to change his secret keeper?
8. Who does Dumbledore want Hermione and Harry to save by using the time turner?
9. What does Peter use to transform himself into a rat?
10. Who wins the Quidditch Cup for Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Why might Rowling have allowed Pettigrew to live at the end of the book? What kind of message does this send and do you think he should have been killed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What do Ron and Hermione bicker about throughout the whole book and what far-reaching effects does this constant anger and hostility have on the plot?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)