|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form does Harry's patronus take?
2. Why was a finger the only thing found of Peter Pettigrew the night of his confrontation with Black?
3. Who does Harry think saved him at the lake with the dementors?
4. What did James and Sirius do to help Lupin during his transformations while they were at Hogwarts together?
5. What does Lupin tell Snape that the map really is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who told James Potter to change his secret keeper?
2. Who is the Ravenclaw's new seeker during Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
3. Who jumps at Sirius Black's chest to protect him from Harry in the Shrieking Shack?
4. What is an animagus?
5. Who wins the Quidditch Cup for Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
6. What does Harry hear before passing out when the dementors are near him?
7. Where does Harry wake up after passing out by the lake with all the dementors?
8. What does Lupin try to teach Harry in their private lessons after the Christmas break?
9. Who walks into the room just as Lupin and Black finish telling Harry their story at the Shrieking Shack?
10. What happens when Snape tries to use the Marauder's Map?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is involved in the attack at the Shrieking Shack and what do they have to gain by doing this? How do the events of this night alter the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What do Ron and Hermione bicker about throughout the whole book and what far-reaching effects does this constant anger and hostility have on the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Explain some of the spells from the book and how they were executed. What significance do these spells have on the outcome of the book and the growth of Harry's character?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)