|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was a finger the only thing found of Peter Pettigrew the night of his confrontation with Black?
2. What must Harry do in order to make the charm that Lupin is teaching him work?
3. Why did Sirius not tell Lupin about the change in the Potter's secret keeper?
4. What does Lupin teach Harry in his private lesson after the Christmas holiday?
5. Who stops Harry from taking a secret passageway to Hogsmeade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who pretends to be dementors at the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
2. How does the group get the unconscious Snape back to Hogwarts once they have made their decision about what to do with Pettigrew?
3. Why are the students at Hogwarts not able to enjoy the first warm weather after winter?
4. Who told James Potter to change his secret keeper?
5. Where does Harry wake up after passing out by the lake with all the dementors?
6. Who does Dumbledore want Hermione and Harry to save by using the time turner?
7. What does Harry hear before passing out when the dementors are near him?
8. What does Hermione do to Malfoy when he jokes about Buckbeak getting executed?
9. What is an animagus?
10. What does Sirius Black send Harry as he boards the Hogwarts Express?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the time turner affect the course of the plot and what important cautions are given to those who use it?
Essay Topic 2
What do Ron and Hermione bicker about throughout the whole book and what far-reaching effects does this constant anger and hostility have on the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Peter Pettigrew uses many different lies to acheive his horrible goals. What are some of these and how did they poison the characters who heard them?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)