|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Lupin decided to resign from his job as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts?
2. What does Ron find in his room that makes him furious with Hermione after Harry's second quidditch game?
3. Who is trying to get Harry expelled when he comes to after passing out at the lake with all the dementors?
4. What does Harry's Divination final exam consist of?
5. What is on the end of the necklace that Hermione uses to send herself and Harry back in time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Why might Rowling have allowed Pettigrew to live at the end of the book? What kind of message does this send and do you think he should have been killed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The dementors are a very integral part of this plot. How do their actions change the tide of the plot? Do you think they are aware of what they are doing? Why or why not? Make sure to use examples from the text to support your ideas.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)