|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James Potter's murderer escape from his chains as he is being dragged to Hogwarts?
2. Why has Lupin decided to resign from his job as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts?
3. What does Hermione do when Malfoy starts mocking them about Buckbeak?
4. How do Ron, Harry, and Hermione hide while Buckbeak is being executed?
5. Who wishes Harry good luck just before he enters to field for the Quidditch Cup finals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Ravenclaw's new seeker during Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
2. Why did Peter Pettigrew cut off his own finger?
3. What happens when Snape tries to use the Marauder's Map?
4. What does Trelawney tell Harry will happen that night as he is leaving his Divination exam?
5. Who walks into the room just as Lupin and Black finish telling Harry their story at the Shrieking Shack?
6. What does Lupin try to teach Harry in their private lessons after the Christmas break?
7. What does Peter use to transform himself into a rat?
8. Who does Dumbledore want Hermione and Harry to save by using the time turner?
9. Why are the students at Hogwarts not able to enjoy the first warm weather after winter?
10. Where does Harry wake up after passing out by the lake with all the dementors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Lupin's secret identity and how does this affect the outcome of the book? Why does Lupin feel he must keep this a secret and what does this say about the nature of the other people at Hogwarts?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What do Ron and Hermione bicker about throughout the whole book and what far-reaching effects does this constant anger and hostility have on the plot?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)