|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Seeker of Ravenclaw?
2. Who fouls Harry during the Quidditch Cup finals?
3. Who sent Harry his Firebolt broom?
4. What does Sirius tell Harry as they are returning to Hogwarts that makes Harry extremely happy?
5. What does Hermione do when Malfoy starts mocking them about Buckbeak?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Peter Pettigrew cut off his own finger?
2. Why are the students at Hogwarts not able to enjoy the first warm weather after winter?
3. Who pretends to be dementors at the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
4. Who told James Potter to change his secret keeper?
5. What does Peter use to transform himself into a rat?
6. Who wins the Quidditch Cup for Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
7. What happens when Snape tries to use the Marauder's Map?
8. What does Sirius Black send Harry as he boards the Hogwarts Express?
9. What does Hermione do to Malfoy when he jokes about Buckbeak getting executed?
10. Why is Lupin leaving Hogwarts after only his first year of teaching?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trelawney is an important piece in the puzzle of this plot. Explain her character and the significance her and her class had on Harry's well-being and the plot.
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Harry at the lake near the end of the book and what deeper meanings does this event imply? How does this one event change Harry's life and perspective?
Essay Topic 3
What is Lupin's secret identity and how does this affect the outcome of the book? Why does Lupin feel he must keep this a secret and what does this say about the nature of the other people at Hogwarts?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)