|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ron find in his room that makes him furious with Hermione after Harry's second quidditch game?
2. What is on the end of the necklace that Hermione uses to send herself and Harry back in time?
3. Where does the tunnel under the Whomping Willow lead?
4. What was James Potter able to transform himself into when he was a student at Hogwarts?
5. Who sent Harry his Firebolt broom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the group get the unconscious Snape back to Hogwarts once they have made their decision about what to do with Pettigrew?
2. Who jumps at Sirius Black's chest to protect him from Harry in the Shrieking Shack?
3. What does Trelawney tell Harry will happen that night as he is leaving his Divination exam?
4. What does Hermione do to Malfoy when he jokes about Buckbeak getting executed?
5. Who wins the Quidditch Cup for Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
6. What does Sirius Black send Harry as he boards the Hogwarts Express?
7. What does Lupin try to teach Harry in their private lessons after the Christmas break?
8. Who pretends to be dementors at the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
9. Who told James Potter to change his secret keeper?
10. What does Harry hear before passing out when the dementors are near him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Harry endures a crucible of sorts before the end of the book. What lessons does Harry learn through this experience and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
Essay Topic 2
Who is involved in the attack at the Shrieking Shack and what do they have to gain by doing this? How do the events of this night alter the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book and what causes these changes?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)