|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry play against in the second quidditch game of the season?
2. What was James Potter able to transform himself into when he was a student at Hogwarts?
3. Who does Harry think saved him at the lake with the dementors?
4. How did Snape find out that Lupin is a werewolf?
5. Who fouls Harry during the Quidditch Cup finals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Snape tries to use the Marauder's Map?
2. Who pretends to be dementors at the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
3. How does the group get the unconscious Snape back to Hogwarts once they have made their decision about what to do with Pettigrew?
4. How does Harry scare Malfoy in Hogsmeade village when he is teasing Ron?
5. What does Peter use to transform himself into a rat?
6. Why is Lupin leaving Hogwarts after only his first year of teaching?
7. What does Hermione do to Malfoy when he jokes about Buckbeak getting executed?
8. Where does Harry wake up after passing out by the lake with all the dementors?
9. Why are the students at Hogwarts not able to enjoy the first warm weather after winter?
10. Why did Peter Pettigrew cut off his own finger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trelawney is an important piece in the puzzle of this plot. Explain her character and the significance her and her class had on Harry's well-being and the plot.
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Why might Rowling have allowed Pettigrew to live at the end of the book? What kind of message does this send and do you think he should have been killed? Why or why not?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)