|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry throw at Malfoy when he begins taunting Ron in Hogsmeade?
2. Who is trying to get Harry expelled when he comes to after passing out at the lake with all the dementors?
3. How many dementors does Harry see at the lake attacking Sirius Black?
4. What does Ron accuse Hermione of after finding something in his room after the second quidditch game?
5. How do Ron, Harry, and Hermione hide while Buckbeak is being executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Snape tries to use the Marauder's Map?
2. What is an animagus?
3. How does Harry scare Malfoy in Hogsmeade village when he is teasing Ron?
4. Why is Lupin leaving Hogwarts after only his first year of teaching?
5. Who jumps at Sirius Black's chest to protect him from Harry in the Shrieking Shack?
6. Where does Harry wake up after passing out by the lake with all the dementors?
7. Who is the Ravenclaw's new seeker during Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
8. Who pretends to be dementors at the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
9. What does Hermione do to Malfoy when he jokes about Buckbeak getting executed?
10. What does Trelawney tell Harry will happen that night as he is leaving his Divination exam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Harry endures a crucible of sorts before the end of the book. What lessons does Harry learn through this experience and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book and what causes these changes?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)