|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lupin discover that Peter Pettigrew was still alive?
2. Who is the Seeker of Ravenclaw?
3. Who walks into the room as Lupin finishes telling his story to Harry the night of Buckbeak's execution?
4. What form does Harry's patronus take?
5. Who is trying to get Harry expelled when he comes to after passing out at the lake with all the dementors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who jumps at Sirius Black's chest to protect him from Harry in the Shrieking Shack?
2. Why are the students at Hogwarts not able to enjoy the first warm weather after winter?
3. Who pretends to be dementors at the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
4. What does Lupin try to teach Harry in their private lessons after the Christmas break?
5. What happened to Lupin as a young child that changed the rest of his life?
6. What does Hermione do to Malfoy when he jokes about Buckbeak getting executed?
7. Who walks into the room just as Lupin and Black finish telling Harry their story at the Shrieking Shack?
8. Who told James Potter to change his secret keeper?
9. What happens when Snape tries to use the Marauder's Map?
10. What does Trelawney tell Harry will happen that night as he is leaving his Divination exam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a secret keeper, and what place does this term have in the course of the book's plot? In what other places is the theme of secrecy present and how does this affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What is Lupin's secret identity and how does this affect the outcome of the book? Why does Lupin feel he must keep this a secret and what does this say about the nature of the other people at Hogwarts?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the attributes that make a true leader? Who are the true leaders in this book and how does their leadership affect the characters around them?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)