|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry keep dreaming about after overhearing the secret conversation between the Weasleys?
2. What does McGonegall tell Harry's class that Professor Trelawney does every year with her new third year students?
3. What is the Dursleys' address?
4. What is the term for non-magical people?
5. Who takes Harry's mysterious Christmas gift away from him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Harry when he learns of Sirius Black's true connection to him?
2. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley that Ron wishes she would return?
3. Just after leaving the Dursleys' house, what does Harry see in some bushes?
4. What happens when Snape tries to use the Marauder's Map?
5. What does Mr. Weasley tell Harry just before he boards the Hogwarts Express?
6. What happened to Lupin as a young child that changed the rest of his life?
7. Who wins the Quidditch Cup for Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
8. Who approves Hermione to take so many extra classes in her third year at Hogwarts?
9. What bit of news does Harry hear during his first Potions lesson of the year?
10. What does Malfoy tease Harry about during his first breakfast at Hogwarts?
Essay Topic 1
Justice and mercy were two themes that are prevalent throughout this book. What are some of the places where these themes are present and how do they work together to affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the attributes that make a true leader? Who are the true leaders in this book and how does their leadership affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 3
Harry endures a crucible of sorts before the end of the book. What lessons does Harry learn through this experience and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)