|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the conductor of the bus that picks Harry up off the street?
2. What is the name of the Wizard jail?
3. What does Lupin tell Harry that the dementors feed off of when Harry is released from the hospital?
4. Where does Mr. Weasley work?
5. Where does Harry spend his Christmas holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Just after leaving the Dursleys' house, what does Harry see in some bushes?
2. How does Harry keep in touch with his friends while he is at the Dursleys house over the summer vacation?
3. What does Harry do before storming out of Vernon's house?
4. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley that Ron wishes she would return?
5. Where did Ron get his pet rat?
6. Why does Harry live with the Dursleys when he is not at Hogwarts?
7. Who tells Dumbledore that Black could have entered the school with inside help?
8. Where is Harry when he learns of Sirius Black's true connection to him?
9. Who substitutes for Lupin when he is too sick to teach his class?
10. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Care of Magical Creatures instructor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Justice and mercy were two themes that are prevalent throughout this book. What are some of the places where these themes are present and how do they work together to affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Peter Pettigrew uses many different lies to acheive his horrible goals. What are some of these and how did they poison the characters who heard them?
Essay Topic 3
Peter Pettigrew was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Pettigrew had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)