|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of the book, how long does Harry have before the start of the next Hogwarts term?
2. How old does a student have to be before being allowed to visit Hogsmeade Village?
3. How does Ginny Weasley feel about Harry?
4. Why was Harry so embarrassed by his reaction to the hooded figure in black that entered his train compartment?
5. What do Ron and Hermione order at the Three Broomsticks pub on their second trip to Hogsmeade?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the ministry so concerned about Harry's safety before he returns to Hogwarts?
2. Just after leaving the Dursleys' house, what does Harry see in some bushes?
3. Why does Harry suspect Lupin has been so ill?
4. Who substitutes for Lupin when he is too sick to teach his class?
5. What do the dementors look like?
6. Why does McGonegall take Harry's surprise gift away on Christmas afternoon?
7. What does Lupin teach about in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson?
8. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Care of Magical Creatures instructor?
9. What does Mr. Weasley tell Harry just before he boards the Hogwarts Express?
10. What does Harry love most about his stay at The Leaky Cauldron before he returns to school at Hogwarts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Justice and mercy were two themes that are prevalent throughout this book. What are some of the places where these themes are present and how do they work together to affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What is Lupin's secret identity and how does this affect the outcome of the book? Why does Lupin feel he must keep this a secret and what does this say about the nature of the other people at Hogwarts?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)