|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vernon's sister named?
2. How does Snape think that Sirius Black could possibly enter Hogwarts?
3. Why is Lupin not teaching his own class the day after Halloween?
4. How old does Harry Potter turn at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Lupin tell Harry that the dementors feed off of when Harry is released from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Buckbeak attack Malfoy on his first class with Hagrid?
2. What does Harry need Uncle Vernon to sign before he heads back to Hogwarts at the end of the summer?
3. What does Hagrid teach about in his first class in Magical Creatures?
4. What picks Harry up after he leaves the Dursley's house in a huff?
5. What appears as Lupin's worst fear?
6. What causes Harry to think that he is weak compared to the other students?
7. How does Harry keep in touch with his friends while he is at the Dursleys house over the summer vacation?
8. Why does Harry suspect Lupin has been so ill?
9. Why is the ministry so concerned about Harry's safety before he returns to Hogwarts?
10. What does Harry do before storming out of Vernon's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain some of the spells from the book and how they were executed. What significance do these spells have on the outcome of the book and the growth of Harry's character?
Essay Topic 2
Justice and mercy were two themes that are prevalent throughout this book. What are some of the places where these themes are present and how do they work together to affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The dementors are a very integral part of this plot. How do their actions change the tide of the plot? Do you think they are aware of what they are doing? Why or why not? Make sure to use examples from the text to support your ideas.
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)