|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry find out during the first class of his second day at school?
2. What is a Boggart?
3. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley?
4. Who taunts Harry during his first morning at Hogwarts?
5. Who is teaching Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Harry to think that he is weak compared to the other students?
2. What does Harry need Uncle Vernon to sign before he heads back to Hogwarts at the end of the summer?
3. What is Ron's worst fear?
4. Who greets Harry at the Leaky Cauldron when he first arrives there after leaving the Dursleys' house?
5. What bit of news does Harry hear during his first Potions lesson of the year?
6. What does Vernon's sister insist that Harry call her when she visits her brother?
7. Who approves Hermione to take so many extra classes in her third year at Hogwarts?
8. Just after leaving the Dursleys' house, what does Harry see in some bushes?
9. What does Malfoy tease Harry about during his first breakfast at Hogwarts?
10. How does Harry keep in touch with his friends while he is at the Dursleys house over the summer vacation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Peter Pettigrew was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Pettigrew had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)