|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry's early Christmas gift from the Weasley twins allow Harry to do?
2. What does Hermione name her new magical creature?
3. What does Harry, Ron and Hermione find when they return to their common room after the Halloween Feast?
4. What is the name of the Wizard newspaper that Harry sees the conductor of the bus reading?
5. What does Harry receive over the summer holiday that brings him great joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry live with the Dursleys when he is not at Hogwarts?
2. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Care of Magical Creatures instructor?
3. Who does Dumbledore want Hermione and Harry to save by using the time turner?
4. Who jumps at Sirius Black's chest to protect him from Harry in the Shrieking Shack?
5. Who wins the Quidditch Cup for Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
6. Who pretends to be dementors at the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
7. Where is Harry when he learns of Sirius Black's true connection to him?
8. Just after leaving the Dursleys' house, what does Harry see in some bushes?
9. Who tells Dumbledore that Black could have entered the school with inside help?
10. Who told James Potter to change his secret keeper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
How does the time turner affect the course of the plot and what important cautions are given to those who use it?
Essay Topic 3
Why might Rowling have allowed Pettigrew to live at the end of the book? What kind of message does this send and do you think he should have been killed? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)