|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harry's first class on his second day at Hogwarts?
2. Why is Harry not as excited about Halloween as the rest of his classmates?
3. What is so ironic about Vernon's sister calling Harry's father a drunk?
4. Who does Harry overhear talking in the middle of the night after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room?
5. What does Harry, Ron and Hermione find when they return to their common room after the Halloween Feast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who rides in the train compartment with Ron, Harry, and Hermione?
2. What picks Harry up after he leaves the Dursley's house in a huff?
3. What does Vernon's sister compare Harry's blood-line to during dinner at Vernon's house?
4. Who substitutes for Lupin when he is too sick to teach his class?
5. What is Ron's worst fear?
6. What does Hagrid teach about in his first class in Magical Creatures?
7. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley that Ron wishes she would return?
8. What does Mr. Weasley tell Harry just before he boards the Hogwarts Express?
9. Why does Harry live with the Dursleys when he is not at Hogwarts?
10. What does Vernon's sister insist that Harry call her when she visits her brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why might Rowling have allowed Pettigrew to live at the end of the book? What kind of message does this send and do you think he should have been killed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Justice and mercy were two themes that are prevalent throughout this book. What are some of the places where these themes are present and how do they work together to affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)