|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Harry forced to live where he does over the summer holidays.
2. What is so surprising about Black's escape from prison?
3. Why is Harry not as excited about Halloween as the rest of his classmates?
4. What is so exciting about Halloween for the third years at Hogwarts?
5. Who does Harry overhear talking in the middle of the night after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vernon's sister compare Harry's blood-line to during dinner at Vernon's house?
2. Why does Harry suspect Lupin has been so ill?
3. What is Harry's greatest fear?
4. Why does Buckbeak attack Malfoy on his first class with Hagrid?
5. Who tells Dumbledore that Black could have entered the school with inside help?
6. Why does McGonegall take Harry's surprise gift away on Christmas afternoon?
7. What does Lupin teach about in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson?
8. What does the term "muggle" mean?
9. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during their third year at Hogwarts.
10. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley that Ron wishes she would return?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the time turner affect the course of the plot and what important cautions are given to those who use it?
Essay Topic 2
Trelawney is an important piece in the puzzle of this plot. Explain her character and the significance her and her class had on Harry's well-being and the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)