|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ron and Hermione order at the Three Broomsticks pub on their second trip to Hogsmeade?
2. Who does Harry see when he gets off the bus at the Leaky Cauldron?
3. How many classes a day does Hermione have on her schedule for the third year?
4. What is Ron's worst fear?
5. What does Harry see on a cover of a book in Diagon Alley that he feels he has seen before?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Care of Magical Creatures instructor?
2. What does the term "muggle" mean?
3. What does Harry love most about his stay at The Leaky Cauldron before he returns to school at Hogwarts?
4. What does Harry do before storming out of Vernon's house?
5. Where did Ron get his pet rat?
6. What does Vernon's sister compare Harry's blood-line to during dinner at Vernon's house?
7. What do the dementors look like?
8. What causes Harry to think that he is weak compared to the other students?
9. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during their third year at Hogwarts.
10. Who substitutes for Lupin when he is too sick to teach his class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain some of the spells from the book and how they were executed. What significance do these spells have on the outcome of the book and the growth of Harry's character?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the attributes that make a true leader? Who are the true leaders in this book and how does their leadership affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)