|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do when the train compartment is entered by the hooded figure in black?
2. Where does Mr. Weasley work?
3. What happens when Malfoy insults Buckbeak?
4. What does Harry fear will happen to him due to what happened to Vernon's sister?
5. Who told Dumbledore about who had done what was found at the common room after the Halloween Feast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley that Ron wishes she would return?
2. What is an animagus?
3. How does Harry scare Malfoy in Hogsmeade village when he is teasing Ron?
4. Who rides in the train compartment with Ron, Harry, and Hermione?
5. What does Sirius Black send Harry as he boards the Hogwarts Express?
6. Who greets Harry at the Leaky Cauldron when he first arrives there after leaving the Dursleys' house?
7. What happens when Snape tries to use the Marauder's Map?
8. How does Harry keep in touch with his friends while he is at the Dursleys house over the summer vacation?
9. Who tells Dumbledore that Black could have entered the school with inside help?
10. Why does McGonegall take Harry's surprise gift away on Christmas afternoon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Peter Pettigrew uses many different lies to acheive his horrible goals. What are some of these and how did they poison the characters who heard them?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)