|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the candy shop in Hogsmeade called?
2. What is Vernon's sister named?
3. Who told Dumbledore about who had done what was found at the common room after the Halloween Feast?
4. Where does Hagrid hold his first class of the year?
5. What mysterious gift does Harry get on Christmas morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry need Uncle Vernon to sign before he heads back to Hogwarts at the end of the summer?
2. Who substitutes for Lupin when he is too sick to teach his class?
3. What is Ron's worst fear?
4. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Care of Magical Creatures instructor?
5. What appears as Lupin's worst fear?
6. Who rides in the train compartment with Ron, Harry, and Hermione?
7. What causes Harry to think that he is weak compared to the other students?
8. What does Harry love most about his stay at The Leaky Cauldron before he returns to school at Hogwarts?
9. Who is everyone's favorite teacher during Harry's third year at Hogwarts.
10. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during their third year at Hogwarts.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the time turner affect the course of the plot and what important cautions are given to those who use it?
Essay Topic 2
What is a secret keeper, and what place does this term have in the course of the book's plot? In what other places is the theme of secrecy present and how does this affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book, presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)