|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harry taunted about during his first morning at Hogwarts?
2. Where is Harry's money kept?
3. What does Harry's early Christmas gift from the Weasley twins allow Harry to do?
4. What is the name of the conductor of the bus that picks Harry up off the street?
5. What does Harry overhear Mr. Weasley telling his wife while at the Leaky Cauldron?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ron's worst fear?
2. Who greets Harry at the Leaky Cauldron when he first arrives there after leaving the Dursleys' house?
3. Where did Ron get his pet rat?
4. What does Harry do to Vernon's sister after her insults cross the line?
5. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during their third year at Hogwarts.
6. What does Harry love most about his stay at The Leaky Cauldron before he returns to school at Hogwarts?
7. What does Harry need Uncle Vernon to sign before he heads back to Hogwarts at the end of the summer?
8. What does Lupin teach about in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson?
9. Who substitutes for Lupin when he is too sick to teach his class?
10. What picks Harry up after he leaves the Dursley's house in a huff?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the time turner affect the course of the plot and what important cautions are given to those who use it?
Essay Topic 2
Who is involved in the attack at the Shrieking Shack and what do they have to gain by doing this? How do the events of this night alter the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Peter Pettigrew was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Pettigrew had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)