|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ron want Hermione to do with her new magical creature?
2. How old does a student have to be before being allowed to visit Hogsmeade Village?
3. Who was Harry's father's best friend when they were young?
4. Who taunts Harry during his first morning at Hogwarts?
5. What is the bus that picks Harry up off the street called?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry keep in touch with his friends while he is at the Dursleys house over the summer vacation?
2. Just after leaving the Dursleys' house, what does Harry see in some bushes?
3. What bit of news does Harry hear during his first Potions lesson of the year?
4. Where is Harry when he learns of Sirius Black's true connection to him?
5. What does Harry need Uncle Vernon to sign before he heads back to Hogwarts at the end of the summer?
6. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Care of Magical Creatures instructor?
7. Why does Buckbeak attack Malfoy on his first class with Hagrid?
8. Who tells Dumbledore that Black could have entered the school with inside help?
9. Who substitutes for Lupin when he is too sick to teach his class?
10. Who does Harry read about in the Daily Prophet just after leaving the Dursleys' house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Lupin's secret identity and how does this affect the outcome of the book? Why does Lupin feel he must keep this a secret and what does this say about the nature of the other people at Hogwarts?
Essay Topic 2
Peter Pettigrew uses many different lies to acheive his horrible goals. What are some of these and how did they poison the characters who heard them?
Essay Topic 3
How does the time turner affect the course of the plot and what important cautions are given to those who use it?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)