|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Snape think that Sirius Black could possibly enter Hogwarts?
2. What does Harry overhear Mr. Weasley telling his wife while at the Leaky Cauldron?
3. What house is Snape in charge of?
4. Where is Harry's money kept?
5. What does Harry do when the train compartment is entered by the hooded figure in black?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hermione do to Malfoy when he jokes about Buckbeak getting executed?
2. What does Harry hear before passing out when the dementors are near him?
3. Who greets Harry at the Leaky Cauldron when he first arrives there after leaving the Dursleys' house?
4. What does Malfoy tease Harry about during his first breakfast at Hogwarts?
5. Who jumps at Sirius Black's chest to protect him from Harry in the Shrieking Shack?
6. Who told James Potter to change his secret keeper?
7. Why are the students at Hogwarts not able to enjoy the first warm weather after winter?
8. What is Ron's worst fear?
9. What does Peter use to transform himself into a rat?
10. What does Harry do to Vernon's sister after her insults cross the line?
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
How does the time turner affect the course of the plot and what important cautions are given to those who use it?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)