|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ron and Hermione give Harry on Halloween?
2. What was the hooded figure in black that entered the train compartment?
3. What is Ron's rat named?
4. After he gets off the bus, where does Harry stay until the school year starts?
5. What does Ron want Hermione to do with her new magical creature?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Malfoy tease Harry about during his first breakfast at Hogwarts?
2. What does Harry do before storming out of Vernon's house?
3. What does Mr. Weasley tell Harry just before he boards the Hogwarts Express?
4. What picks Harry up after he leaves the Dursley's house in a huff?
5. Who rides in the train compartment with Ron, Harry, and Hermione?
6. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during their third year at Hogwarts.
7. What does Harry do to Vernon's sister after her insults cross the line?
8. What does Lupin teach about in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson?
9. What is Harry's greatest fear?
10. Who substitutes for Lupin when he is too sick to teach his class?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trelawney is an important piece in the puzzle of this plot. Explain her character and the significance her and her class had on Harry's well-being and the plot.
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the attributes that make a true leader? Who are the true leaders in this book and how does their leadership affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 3
How does the time turner affect the course of the plot and what important cautions are given to those who use it?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)