|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vernon's sister think Harry's parents died?
2. How does Snape think that Sirius Black could possibly enter Hogwarts?
3. What does Dumbledore have the students do after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room on Halloween?
4. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley?
5. What is the Dursleys' address?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Weasley tell Harry just before he boards the Hogwarts Express?
2. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley that Ron wishes she would return?
3. Who approves Hermione to take so many extra classes in her third year at Hogwarts?
4. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Care of Magical Creatures instructor?
5. What does the term "muggle" mean?
6. Where did Ron get his pet rat?
7. Why does Buckbeak attack Malfoy on his first class with Hagrid?
8. What does Vernon's sister insist that Harry call her when she visits her brother?
9. What does Lupin teach about in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson?
10. Just after leaving the Dursleys' house, what does Harry see in some bushes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Lupin's secret identity and how does this affect the outcome of the book? Why does Lupin feel he must keep this a secret and what does this say about the nature of the other people at Hogwarts?
Essay Topic 2
Explain some of the spells from the book and how they were executed. What significance do these spells have on the outcome of the book and the growth of Harry's character?
Essay Topic 3
Trelawney is an important piece in the puzzle of this plot. Explain her character and the significance her and her class had on Harry's well-being and the plot.
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)