|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bus that picks Harry up off the street called?
2. What is Vernon's sister drinking when she starts to talk about how horrible Harry is?
3. Who told Dumbledore about who had done what was found at the common room after the Halloween Feast?
4. What do the students learn about in Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
5. What is a Boggart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Harry need Uncle Vernon to sign before he heads back to Hogwarts at the end of the summer?
2. Who approves Hermione to take so many extra classes in her third year at Hogwarts?
3. What does Malfoy tease Harry about during his first breakfast at Hogwarts?
4. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Care of Magical Creatures instructor?
5. What is Ron's worst fear?
6. What surprise gift does Harry find on Christmas morning?
7. Who substitutes for Lupin when he is too sick to teach his class?
8. Why does McGonegall take Harry's surprise gift away on Christmas afternoon?
9. Who greets Harry at the Leaky Cauldron when he first arrives there after leaving the Dursleys' house?
10. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during their third year at Hogwarts.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the attributes that make a true leader? Who are the true leaders in this book and how does their leadership affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
What happens to Harry at the lake near the end of the book and what deeper meanings does this event imply? How does this one event change Harry's life and perspective?
Essay Topic 3
Trelawney is an important piece in the puzzle of this plot. Explain her character and the significance her and her class had on Harry's well-being and the plot.
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)