|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley?
2. What does Hermione keep doing that is confusing Ron at the beginning of the school year?
3. What do the students learn about in Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
4. What is so ironic about Vernon's sister calling Harry's father a drunk?
5. Who taunts Harry during his first morning at Hogwarts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who substitutes for Lupin when he is too sick to teach his class?
2. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during their third year at Hogwarts.
3. What does Hagrid teach about in his first class in Magical Creatures?
4. What surprise gift does Harry find on Christmas morning?
5. Where is Harry when he learns of Sirius Black's true connection to him?
6. What does Malfoy tease Harry about during his first breakfast at Hogwarts?
7. Who approves Hermione to take so many extra classes in her third year at Hogwarts?
8. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Care of Magical Creatures instructor?
9. Why does McGonegall take Harry's surprise gift away on Christmas afternoon?
10. Who does Harry read about in the Daily Prophet just after leaving the Dursleys' house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this play all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Justice and mercy were two themes that are prevalent throughout this book. What are some of the places where these themes are present and how do they work together to affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Peter Pettigrew uses many different lies to acheive his horrible goals. What are some of these and how did they poison the characters who heard them?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)