|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the term for non-magical people?
2. Who gives Lupin a potion while he is talking with Harry on Halloween?
3. Who joins Harry for the last day of the summer holiday?
4. What is so surprising about Black's escape from prison?
5. Why is Harry forced to live where he does over the summer holidays.
Short Essay Questions
1. Just after leaving the Dursleys' house, what does Harry see in some bushes?
2. Why does Harry suspect Lupin has been so ill?
3. Where did Ron get his pet rat?
4. Where is Harry when he learns of Sirius Black's true connection to him?
5. Why is the ministry so concerned about Harry's safety before he returns to Hogwarts?
6. Who substitutes for Lupin when he is too sick to teach his class?
7. What is Harry's greatest fear?
8. Who greets Harry at the Leaky Cauldron when he first arrives there after leaving the Dursleys' house?
9. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Care of Magical Creatures instructor?
10. Why does Harry live with the Dursleys when he is not at Hogwarts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the attributes that make a true leader? Who are the true leaders in this book and how does their leadership affect the characters around them?
Essay Topic 2
Why might Rowling have allowed Pettigrew to live at the end of the book? What kind of message does this send and do you think he should have been killed? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Who is involved in the attack at the Shrieking Shack and what do they have to gain by doing this? How do the events of this night alter the plot?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)