|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Snape find out that Lupin is a werewolf?
(a) He knew from the signs he saw.
(b) Lupin once told him back when they were friends.
(c) Lupin was branded while at Hogwarts as a student.
(d) Sirius played a trick on him and he almost got bit.
2. Who sent Harry his Firebolt broom?
(b) Sirius Black.
(c) Remus Lupin.
3. What does the Minister of Magic choose to do with Sirius Black after finding him unconscious at the lake?
(a) Send him back to prison.
(b) Sacrifice him to the Dementors.
(c) Execute him himself.
(d) Release him.
4. What must Harry do in order to make the charm that Lupin is teaching him work?
(a) Visualize what he wants to do to his enemy.
(b) Completely clear his mind.
(c) Focus on his deepest fear.
(d) Think of his happiest memory.
5. How do Harry and his group take the unconscious man from the Shack back to Hogwarts?
(a) They don't; they leave him at the Shack.
(b) They make a splint for him to ride.
(c) They put a floating spell on him.
(d) They drag him along.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters Harry's room and slashes Ron's bed curtains to shreds?
2. Why was the Whomping Willow planted at Hogwarts?
3. What causes Ron to be an instant celebrity at Hogwarts the day after the third quidditch game?
4. Who wishes Harry good luck just before he enters to field for the Quidditch Cup finals?
5. Why do Ron and Hermione stop speaking to each other during the Christmas holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who told James Potter to change his secret keeper?
2. Why is Lupin leaving Hogwarts after only his first year of teaching?
3. Why are the students at Hogwarts not able to enjoy the first warm weather after winter?
4. Who does Dumbledore want Hermione and Harry to save by using the time turner?
5. Who wins the Quidditch Cup for Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
6. Who jumps at Sirius Black's chest to protect him from Harry in the Shrieking Shack?
7. How does the group get the unconscious Snape back to Hogwarts once they have made their decision about what to do with Pettigrew?
8. Why did Peter Pettigrew cut off his own finger?
9. Who is the Ravenclaw's new seeker during Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
10. What happened to Lupin as a young child that changed the rest of his life?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)