|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form does Harry's patronus take?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A stag.
(c) A bear.
(d) A wolf.
2. What does Harry do when he sees the unwelcome visitors on the quidditch field during his game against Ravenclaw?
(a) Gets off his broom and approaches them.
(b) Produces a Patronus Charm.
(c) Turns around and flies away.
(d) Signals to Lupin to help him escape.
3. Why has Lupin decided to resign from his job as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts?
(a) He feels he is a danger to his students.
(b) Snape told everyone he was a werewolf.
(c) Working at Hogwarts brought back too many painful memories.
(d) He wants to spend time with Sirius and help keep him safe.
4. How are Lupin and Sirius tied up before being taken out of the Shack?
(a) They are knocked unconscious.
(b) With an immobilization spell.
(c) With cords that sprung from a wand.
(d) They allow themselves to be tied.
5. Who does Harry play against in the second quidditch game of the season?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Harry and his group take the unconscious man from the Shack back to Hogwarts?
2. Why is Harry receiving private lessons from Lupin after the Christmas holiday?
3. Who protects Sirius Black when Harry is about to kill him in the Shrieking Shack?
4. What is it called when the dementors suck the life out of their victims?
5. What starts running towards Ron as he nears the castle after Buckbeak's execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lupin try to teach Harry in their private lessons after the Christmas break?
2. Who pretends to be dementors at the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
3. Who is the Ravenclaw's new seeker during Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
4. What does Hermione do to Malfoy when he jokes about Buckbeak getting executed?
5. What is an animagus?
6. Who wins the Quidditch Cup for Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
7. Who jumps at Sirius Black's chest to protect him from Harry in the Shrieking Shack?
8. What does Peter use to transform himself into a rat?
9. How does the group get the unconscious Snape back to Hogwarts once they have made their decision about what to do with Pettigrew?
10. What does Harry hear before passing out when the dementors are near him?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)