|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermione do in Trelawney's class after her confrontation with Malfoy?
(a) Calls Trelwaney a quack and walks out.
(b) Fails a test and cries.
(c) Throws a crystal ball on the floor out of anger.
(d) Asks Trelawney for some private lessons.
2. Why was a finger the only thing found of Peter Pettigrew the night of his confrontation with Black?
(a) Sirius cut it off as a trophy.
(b) He cut his own finger off.
(c) It was burned off in an explosion.
(d) He had the choise of losing a finger or an entire hand.
3. How did the unwelcome visitor enter Harry's room when his bed curtains were slashed?
(a) He used the flew network.
(b) He used a secret passageway.
(c) He had the passwords needed to enter.
(d) He apparated into the room.
4. What does the Minister of Magic choose to do with Sirius Black after finding him unconscious at the lake?
(a) Release him.
(b) Sacrifice him to the Dementors.
(c) Send him back to prison.
(d) Execute him himself.
5. Why does Harry decide to do with the man who was responsible for his parent's death?
(a) Kill him on the spot.
(b) Ask Dumbledore what to do.
(c) Put him in Azkaban.
(d) Take him to the dementors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ron find in his room that makes him furious with Hermione after Harry's second quidditch game?
2. What causes Ron to be an instant celebrity at Hogwarts the day after the third quidditch game?
3. How do Harry and his group take the unconscious man from the Shack back to Hogwarts?
4. How are Lupin and Sirius tied up before being taken out of the Shack?
5. What do Harry, Ron, and Hermione do when they hear Hagrid crying over Buckbeak's execution?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry scare Malfoy in Hogsmeade village when he is teasing Ron?
2. Who wins the Quidditch Cup for Harry's third year at Hogwarts?
3. What does Sirius Black send Harry as he boards the Hogwarts Express?
4. Who walks into the room just as Lupin and Black finish telling Harry their story at the Shrieking Shack?
5. What is an animagus?
6. Where does Harry wake up after passing out by the lake with all the dementors?
7. Why did Peter Pettigrew cut off his own finger?
8. Why are the students at Hogwarts not able to enjoy the first warm weather after winter?
9. Who told James Potter to change his secret keeper?
10. What happened to Lupin as a young child that changed the rest of his life?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)