|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Vernon's sister as she is berating Harry's parents?
(a) She turns purple.
(b) She vomits on the table.
(c) She passes out from drunkeness.
(d) She begins to float around like a balloon.
2. What is Vernon's sister drinking when she starts to talk about how horrible Harry is?
3. What do the Weasley twins give Harry as an early Christmas present?
(a) The Marauder's Map.
(b) A bunch of candy.
(c) A book about Quidditch.
(d) A new broom.
4. What is Harry's worst fear?
5. What does Dumbledore have the students do after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room on Halloween?
(a) Sleep in the Great Hall.
(b) Undergo interrogation, one at a time.
(c) Allow him to place safety spells on them for the night.
(d) Go calmly to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is so exciting about Halloween for the third years at Hogwarts?
2. How do most of the students feel about their new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher after their first day in class?
3. How does Harry plan to fly to London unseen?
4. What does Harry see on a cover of a book in Diagon Alley that he feels he has seen before?
5. Where does Harry spend his Christmas holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the term "muggle" mean?
2. Where did Ron get his pet rat?
3. What does Hagrid teach about in his first class in Magical Creatures?
4. Who rides in the train compartment with Ron, Harry, and Hermione?
5. Just after leaving the Dursleys' house, what does Harry see in some bushes?
6. Why does Harry suspect Lupin has been so ill?
7. What does Harry love most about his stay at The Leaky Cauldron before he returns to school at Hogwarts?
8. Why does Buckbeak attack Malfoy on his first class with Hagrid?
9. What does Malfoy tease Harry about during his first breakfast at Hogwarts?
10. What appears as Lupin's worst fear?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)