|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many levels does the bus have that picks Harry up off the street?
2. What does McGonegall tell Harry's class that Professor Trelawney does every year with her new third year students?
(a) Predicts that someone will die.
(b) Has a fake premonition.
(c) Makes the students divine tea leaves.
(d) Turns herself into a cat.
3. What does Dumbledore have the students do after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room on Halloween?
(a) Allow him to place safety spells on them for the night.
(b) Undergo interrogation, one at a time.
(c) Go calmly to bed.
(d) Sleep in the Great Hall.
4. Who gives Lupin a potion while he is talking with Harry on Halloween?
5. What does Harry fear will happen to him due to what happened to Vernon's sister?
(a) He will be expelled from Hogwarts.
(b) Hermione will not be his friend.
(c) He will be stripped of his wand.
(d) He will be banned from Hogsmeade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry end up in the hospital after his first Quidditch match of the season?
2. Where does Mr. Weasley work?
3. What does Harry, Ron and Hermione find when they return to their common room after the Halloween Feast?
4. What does Harry do when the train compartment is entered by the hooded figure in black?
5. What happens to Vernon's sister as she is berating Harry's parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Harry's greatest fear?
2. Where did Ron get his pet rat?
3. Who approves Hermione to take so many extra classes in her third year at Hogwarts?
4. What does Mr. Weasley tell Harry just before he boards the Hogwarts Express?
5. Who substitutes for Lupin when he is too sick to teach his class?
6. What do the dementors look like?
7. What does Hagrid teach about in his first class in Magical Creatures?
8. Why does Harry live with the Dursleys when he is not at Hogwarts?
9. What does the term "muggle" mean?
10. What does Harry love most about his stay at The Leaky Cauldron before he returns to school at Hogwarts?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)