|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harry's first class for his third year at Hogwarts?
2. What is the term for people who have the ability to transform themselves into animals?
3. Who is trying to have Buckbeak executed after Hagrid's lesson on Hippogriffs?
(a) Cornelius Fudge.
(c) Draco Malfoy.
(d) Lucious Malfoy.
4. When does Vernon's sister arrive?
(a) The day that Harry comes home from school.
(b) On Dudley's birthday.
(c) The day before Harry returns to school.
(d) On Harry's birthday.
5. What is a Boggart?
(a) Another name for a werewolf.
(b) A large creature that is half eagle, half horse.
(c) A shape-shifting monster that takes the form of its victims worst fear.
(d) A friendly creature that can guide a lost traveler to his true path.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Weasley twins give Harry as an early Christmas present?
2. What is the name of the Wizard newspaper that Harry sees the conductor of the bus reading?
3. What does Harry do when the train compartment is entered by the hooded figure in black?
4. What is Hermione carrying around at the beginning of the school year due to her large class load?
5. What does Harry receive over the summer holiday that brings him great joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is everyone's favorite teacher during Harry's third year at Hogwarts.
2. What is Ron's worst fear?
3. Why does Buckbeak attack Malfoy on his first class with Hagrid?
4. Why does Harry suspect Lupin has been so ill?
5. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during their third year at Hogwarts.
6. Why does McGonegall take Harry's surprise gift away on Christmas afternoon?
7. What does Mr. Weasley tell Harry just before he boards the Hogwarts Express?
8. What does Harry do to Vernon's sister after her insults cross the line?
9. What picks Harry up after he leaves the Dursley's house in a huff?
10. Where did Ron get his pet rat?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)