|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one complaint that Malfoy has against Lupin at the beginning of the school year?
(a) His class moves too fast.
(b) He assigns too much homework.
(c) His robes are shabby.
(d) He is not teaching useful knowledge.
2. Why does Harry never receive any phone calls during the summer holiday?
(a) He has no friends to call him.
(b) His friends do not have phones.
(c) He is not allowed any phone calls.
(d) There is no phone in the house.
3. Who does Harry see when he gets off the bus at the Leaky Cauldron?
(b) Mr. Weasley.
(c) Professor McGonegall.
(d) Cornelius Fudge.
4. What does Hermione name her new magical creature?
5. What do the students learn about in Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Weasley work?
2. Who does Hermione say has approved her for taking extra classes for her third year?
3. What is Harry not allowed to do at home during the summer holiday?
4. What is Harry's owl named?
5. When does Vernon's sister arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is everyone's favorite teacher during Harry's third year at Hogwarts.
2. Why does Buckbeak attack Malfoy on his first class with Hagrid?
3. What is Harry's greatest fear?
4. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley that Ron wishes she would return?
5. What appears as Lupin's worst fear?
6. What picks Harry up after he leaves the Dursley's house in a huff?
7. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during their third year at Hogwarts.
8. Where did Ron get his pet rat?
9. What does Harry do to Vernon's sister after her insults cross the line?
10. What does Vernon's sister insist that Harry call her when she visits her brother?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)