|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so perplexing to Harry about Mr. Weasley's warning to him before he boards Hogwarts Express?
(a) He has never wanted to go to Hogsmeade.
(b) He always tries to do what Dumbledore tells him to.
(c) He can't imagine why he should give up Quidditch.
(d) He does not know why Black would want to hurt him.
2. Who is teaching Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
3. Who does Vernon's sister treat better than she treats Harry?
(a) Vernon's hired help.
(b) The mailman.
(c) Her dog.
(d) The messenger boy.
4. What does Dumbledore have the students do after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room on Halloween?
(a) Sleep in the Great Hall.
(b) Allow him to place safety spells on them for the night.
(c) Undergo interrogation, one at a time.
(d) Go calmly to bed.
5. What does Harry need his guardians to sign before he leaves for Hogwarts?
(a) A release form so he can play Quidditch.
(b) A permission slip to go to Hogsmeade Village.
(c) His report card.
(d) A note allowing him to take extra classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ron's worst fear?
2. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley?
3. After he gets off the bus, where does Harry stay until the school year starts?
4. Who does Harry overhear talking in the middle of the night after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room?
5. Who does Hermione say has approved her for taking extra classes for her third year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Harry's greatest fear?
2. Where is Harry when he learns of Sirius Black's true connection to him?
3. Why does Buckbeak attack Malfoy on his first class with Hagrid?
4. Why does McGonegall take Harry's surprise gift away on Christmas afternoon?
5. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley that Ron wishes she would return?
6. What does Harry do to Vernon's sister after her insults cross the line?
7. What does Vernon's sister compare Harry's blood-line to during dinner at Vernon's house?
8. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during their third year at Hogwarts.
9. Just after leaving the Dursleys' house, what does Harry see in some bushes?
10. Who approves Hermione to take so many extra classes in her third year at Hogwarts?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)