|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry keep dreaming about after overhearing the secret conversation between the Weasleys?
(a) A dementor attacking him.
(c) His parents being killed.
(d) The black dog omen of death.
2. Who does Vernon's sister treat better than she treats Harry?
(a) The messenger boy.
(b) Her dog.
(c) Vernon's hired help.
(d) The mailman.
3. After he gets off the bus, where does Harry stay until the school year starts?
(a) The Leaky Cauldron.
(b) Hogsmeade Inn.
(c) The Weasley's house.
4. How many classes a day does Hermione have on her schedule for the third year?
5. What do Ron and Hermione order at the Three Broomsticks pub on their second trip to Hogsmeade?
(a) Sparkling Cider.
(d) Brandy Water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does McGonegall tell the students to not take their Divination lessons too seriously on their first day of their year?
2. What was the hooded figure in black that entered the train compartment?
3. Who gives Lupin a potion while he is talking with Harry on Halloween?
4. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during the beginning of the school year?
5. What is odd about Ron's rat during the beginning of the school year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the dementors look like?
2. Why does Buckbeak attack Malfoy on his first class with Hagrid?
3. Who approves Hermione to take so many extra classes in her third year at Hogwarts?
4. Who rides in the train compartment with Ron, Harry, and Hermione?
5. What causes Harry to think that he is weak compared to the other students?
6. How does Harry keep in touch with his friends while he is at the Dursleys house over the summer vacation?
7. What does the term "muggle" mean?
8. Why does McGonegall take Harry's surprise gift away on Christmas afternoon?
9. Who does Dumbledore appoint as the new Care of Magical Creatures instructor?
10. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during their third year at Hogwarts.
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)