|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harry's favorite part about the time he spends alone before heading back to Hogwarts?
(a) He can use his magic with no restrictions.
(b) He is free to do as he pleases.
(c) He can fly on his broom as much as he pleases.
(d) He can get some homework done.
2. What does McGonegall tell Harry's class that Professor Trelawney does every year with her new third year students?
(a) Has a fake premonition.
(b) Makes the students divine tea leaves.
(c) Turns herself into a cat.
(d) Predicts that someone will die.
3. What mysterious gift does Harry get on Christmas morning?
(a) New quidditch robes.
(b) A firebolt broom.
(c) A new cage for Hedwig.
(d) A case of magical ink.
4. What is Vernon's sister drinking when she starts to talk about how horrible Harry is?
5. What is Harry taunted about during his first morning at Hogwarts?
(a) Ginny's crush on him.
(b) His run-in with Snape.
(c) His behavior at the welcome feast.
(d) His episode with the dementors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Harry for the last day of the summer holiday?
2. What does Harry need his guardians to sign before he leaves for Hogwarts?
3. What does Harry's early Christmas gift from the Weasley twins allow Harry to do?
4. What does Harry do after walking a few blocks away from the Dursley's house?
5. What does Harry overhear Mr. Weasley telling his wife while at the Leaky Cauldron?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vernon's sister insist that Harry call her when she visits her brother?
2. What does Malfoy tease Harry about during his first breakfast at Hogwarts?
3. Who greets Harry at the Leaky Cauldron when he first arrives there after leaving the Dursleys' house?
4. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during their third year at Hogwarts.
5. Why does Harry suspect Lupin has been so ill?
6. What causes Harry to think that he is weak compared to the other students?
7. Who does Harry read about in the Daily Prophet just after leaving the Dursleys' house?
8. Who approves Hermione to take so many extra classes in her third year at Hogwarts?
9. What does Harry need Uncle Vernon to sign before he heads back to Hogwarts at the end of the summer?
10. What does Lupin teach about in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)