|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Lupin a potion while he is talking with Harry on Halloween?
2. What do Ron and Hermione order at the Three Broomsticks pub on their second trip to Hogsmeade?
(a) Sparkling Cider.
(b) Brandy Water.
3. What is Harry taunted about during his first morning at Hogwarts?
(a) His behavior at the welcome feast.
(b) His run-in with Snape.
(c) His episode with the dementors.
(d) Ginny's crush on him.
4. How old does Harry Potter turn at the beginning of the book?
5. Who told Dumbledore about who had done what was found at the common room after the Halloween Feast?
(a) Draco Malfoy.
(b) The Fat Lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vernon's sister treat better than she treats Harry?
2. Why does Harry end up in the hospital after his first Quidditch match of the season?
3. What does Harry do when the train compartment is entered by the hooded figure in black?
4. How does Harry plan to fly to London unseen?
5. Who is in the train compartment with Ron, Harry, and Hermione when they board the Hogwarts Express?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is everyone's favorite teacher during Harry's third year at Hogwarts.
2. Who greets Harry at the Leaky Cauldron when he first arrives there after leaving the Dursleys' house?
3. What appears as Lupin's worst fear?
4. What does Hagrid teach about in his first class in Magical Creatures?
5. Just after leaving the Dursleys' house, what does Harry see in some bushes?
6. What bit of news does Harry hear during his first Potions lesson of the year?
7. Why does McGonegall take Harry's surprise gift away on Christmas afternoon?
8. Who tells Dumbledore that Black could have entered the school with inside help?
9. What does Harry do to Vernon's sister after her insults cross the line?
10. What is Harry's greatest fear?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)