|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position at Hogwarts has opened up once again and needs a replacement before the school year starts?
(a) The ghost wrangler.
(b) The Potions master.
(c) The groundskeeper.
(d) The Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.
2. What does Harry hear when he sees the hooded figure in black enter his train compartment?
(a) Nothing but utter silence.
(b) His heartbeat.
(c) A shrill, screaming sound.
(d) The deep and halting breathing of the figure.
3. What do the students learn about in Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
4. What does Dumbledore have the students do after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room on Halloween?
(a) Allow him to place safety spells on them for the night.
(b) Undergo interrogation, one at a time.
(c) Sleep in the Great Hall.
(d) Go calmly to bed.
5. Why does Harry never receive any phone calls during the summer holiday?
(a) His friends do not have phones.
(b) He has no friends to call him.
(c) He is not allowed any phone calls.
(d) There is no phone in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vernon's sister drinking when she starts to talk about how horrible Harry is?
2. Who is teaching Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
3. What does Harry receive over the summer holiday that brings him great joy?
4. Where does Trelawney tell Harry that Grims traditionally walk about?
5. What is Harry not allowed to do at home during the summer holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ron's worst fear?
2. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during their third year at Hogwarts.
3. Why does Harry live with the Dursleys when he is not at Hogwarts?
4. Why does Harry suspect Lupin has been so ill?
5. What picks Harry up after he leaves the Dursley's house in a huff?
6. What does Harry need Uncle Vernon to sign before he heads back to Hogwarts at the end of the summer?
7. What does Harry do before storming out of Vernon's house?
8. What is Harry's greatest fear?
9. Who approves Hermione to take so many extra classes in her third year at Hogwarts?
10. Where did Ron get his pet rat?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)