|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so perplexing to Harry about Mr. Weasley's warning to him before he boards Hogwarts Express?
(a) He always tries to do what Dumbledore tells him to.
(b) He can't imagine why he should give up Quidditch.
(c) He has never wanted to go to Hogsmeade.
(d) He does not know why Black would want to hurt him.
2. What is Ron's rat named?
3. What happens to Vernon's sister as she is berating Harry's parents?
(a) She turns purple.
(b) She passes out from drunkeness.
(c) She vomits on the table.
(d) She begins to float around like a balloon.
4. What does Harry, Ron and Hermione find when they return to their common room after the Halloween Feast?
(a) There is a threatening message written on the wall.
(b) The fat lady is missing from her picture.
(c) The door to the room has been forced open and everything is a mess.
(d) The tapestry by the mantle has caught fire.
5. Who does Harry overhear talking in the middle of the night after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room?
(a) Snape and Dumbledore.
(b) Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew,
(c) Hagrid and McGonegall.
(d) Dumbledore and Peeves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does McGonegall tell the students to not take their Divination lessons too seriously on their first day of their year?
2. How do most of the students feel about their new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher after their first day in class?
3. What does Harry do when the train compartment is entered by the hooded figure in black?
4. What does Ron want Hermione to do with her new magical creature?
5. What is the bus that picks Harry up off the street called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bit of news does Harry hear during his first Potions lesson of the year?
2. Just after leaving the Dursleys' house, what does Harry see in some bushes?
3. What does Lupin teach about in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson?
4. How does Harry keep in touch with his friends while he is at the Dursleys house over the summer vacation?
5. Who rides in the train compartment with Ron, Harry, and Hermione?
6. Who tells Dumbledore that Black could have entered the school with inside help?
7. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during their third year at Hogwarts.
8. What does Harry need Uncle Vernon to sign before he heads back to Hogwarts at the end of the summer?
9. What causes Harry to think that he is weak compared to the other students?
10. What does Harry do to Vernon's sister after her insults cross the line?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)