|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Weasley make Harry promise just before he boards Hogwarts Express?
(a) To do everything that Dumbledore tells him to do.
(b) To not go looking for Sirius Black.
(c) To not sneak into Hogsmeade.
(d) To not play Quidditch.
2. How does Harry do his homework during the summer holiday?
(a) He memorizes his lessons to write down later.
(b) He copies it from Hermione.
(c) By wand light at night.
(d) He has no homework over the summer.
3. What position at Hogwarts has opened up once again and needs a replacement before the school year starts?
(a) The Potions master.
(b) The ghost wrangler.
(c) The Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.
(d) The groundskeeper.
4. What do Ron and Hermione give Harry on Halloween?
(a) Good advice.
(b) A secret map of Hogwarts.
(c) Loads of sweets.
(d) A message from Hedwig.
5. What is Harry's owl named?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the students learn about in Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
2. How old does a student have to be before being allowed to visit Hogsmeade Village?
3. What does Vernon's sister say Harry should feel towards his uncle?
4. How old does Harry Potter turn at the beginning of the book?
5. Who takes Harry's mysterious Christmas gift away from him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ron's worst fear?
2. What does Vernon's sister compare Harry's blood-line to during dinner at Vernon's house?
3. What appears as Lupin's worst fear?
4. Why is the ministry so concerned about Harry's safety before he returns to Hogwarts?
5. Just after leaving the Dursleys' house, what does Harry see in some bushes?
6. What does Trelawney tell Harry will happen that night as he is leaving his Divination exam?
7. What does Lupin try to teach Harry in their private lessons after the Christmas break?
8. How does Harry keep in touch with his friends while he is at the Dursleys house over the summer vacation?
9. Where did Ron get his pet rat?
10. What bit of news does Harry hear during his first Potions lesson of the year?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)