|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry need his guardians to sign before he leaves for Hogwarts?
(a) His report card.
(b) A release form so he can play Quidditch.
(c) A note allowing him to take extra classes.
(d) A permission slip to go to Hogsmeade Village.
2. What does Harry do after the excitement in the dining room with Vernon's sister?
(a) He kicks her dog.
(b) He apologizes profusely.
(c) He packs his things and gets ready to leave.
(d) He uses magic to make her well.
3. What happens when Malfoy insults Buckbeak?
(a) Buckbeak slashes him with his talons.
(b) Buckbeak faints and plays dead.
(c) Buckbeack flies away.
(d) Buckbeak shrieks in horror.
4. What does Dumbledore have the students do after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room on Halloween?
(a) Sleep in the Great Hall.
(b) Go calmly to bed.
(c) Allow him to place safety spells on them for the night.
(d) Undergo interrogation, one at a time.
5. What do Ron and Hermione order at the Three Broomsticks pub on their second trip to Hogsmeade?
(a) Brandy Water.
(d) Sparkling Cider.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the students learn about in Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
2. What is Harry's owl named?
3. Who joins Harry for the last day of the summer holiday?
4. What mysterious gift does Harry get on Christmas morning?
5. How does Ginny Weasley feel about Harry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Harry's greatest fear?
2. What does Lupin teach about in his first Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson?
3. What appears as Lupin's worst fear?
4. Who greets Harry at the Leaky Cauldron when he first arrives there after leaving the Dursleys' house?
5. What does Harry love most about his stay at The Leaky Cauldron before he returns to school at Hogwarts?
6. Who substitutes for Lupin when he is too sick to teach his class?
7. What does Vernon's sister insist that Harry call her when she visits her brother?
8. What is Ron's worst fear?
9. Just after leaving the Dursleys' house, what does Harry see in some bushes?
10. Why is the ministry so concerned about Harry's safety before he returns to Hogwarts?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)