|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the students learn about in Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
2. What does the fourth person in the train car tell Harry to do when they suddenly wake up?
(a) To be quiet.
(b) To give him some food.
(c) To never doubt those who love him.
(d) To remain calm.
3. After he gets off the bus, where does Harry stay until the school year starts?
(a) The Leaky Cauldron.
(b) Hogsmeade Inn.
(d) The Weasley's house.
4. What does Ron want Hermione to do with her new magical creature?
(a) Change its name.
(b) Return it to the store.
(c) Buy him one as well.
(d) Train it to be nice ot his rat.
5. What is Harry's first class for his third year at Hogwarts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Wizard newspaper that Harry sees the conductor of the bus reading?
2. Who takes Harry's mysterious Christmas gift away from him?
3. Who is trying to have Buckbeak executed after Hagrid's lesson on Hippogriffs?
4. Where did Ron ger his magical creature?
5. Why is Harry forced to live where he does over the summer holidays.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry live with the Dursleys when he is not at Hogwarts?
2. What does Harry do to Vernon's sister after her insults cross the line?
3. Why is the ministry so concerned about Harry's safety before he returns to Hogwarts?
4. Who approves Hermione to take so many extra classes in her third year at Hogwarts?
5. What does Vernon's sister insist that Harry call her when she visits her brother?
6. What does Vernon's sister compare Harry's blood-line to during dinner at Vernon's house?
7. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley that Ron wishes she would return?
8. Where is Harry when he learns of Sirius Black's true connection to him?
9. Who substitutes for Lupin when he is too sick to teach his class?
10. What does Harry need Uncle Vernon to sign before he heads back to Hogwarts at the end of the summer?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)