|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops Harry from taking a secret passageway to Hogsmeade?
(b) Neville Longbottom.
2. Who fouls Harry during the Quidditch Cup finals?
3. Who is the Seeker of Ravenclaw?
(a) Seamus Finnigan.
(b) Cho Chang.
(c) Lavender Brown.
(d) Cedric Diggory.
4. Who is trying to get Harry expelled when he comes to after passing out at the lake with all the dementors?
(d) Cornelius Fudge.
5. What does the map do when Snape tries to unlocks its secrets?
(a) Remains blank.
(b) Insults him.
(c) Burns to ashes.
(d) Spills ink.
6. What does Ron find in his room that makes him furious with Hermione after Harry's second quidditch game?
(a) A nasty note from her.
(b) A bloody sheet.
(c) His unfinished homework.
(d) A returned gift.
7. Who walks into the room as Lupin finishes telling his story to Harry the night of Buckbeak's execution?
(b) James Potter.
(d) Peter Pettigrew.
8. Why was a finger the only thing found of Peter Pettigrew the night of his confrontation with Black?
(a) Sirius cut it off as a trophy.
(b) He cut his own finger off.
(c) He had the choise of losing a finger or an entire hand.
(d) It was burned off in an explosion.
9. Who protects Sirius Black when Harry is about to kill him in the Shrieking Shack?
10. Why does Harry decide to do with the man who was responsible for his parent's death?
(a) Kill him on the spot.
(b) Take him to the dementors.
(c) Ask Dumbledore what to do.
(d) Put him in Azkaban.
11. What must Harry do in order to make the charm that Lupin is teaching him work?
(a) Focus on his deepest fear.
(b) Think of his happiest memory.
(c) Visualize what he wants to do to his enemy.
(d) Completely clear his mind.
12. Why is Harry receiving private lessons from Lupin after the Christmas holiday?
(a) He wants to be able to combat the dementors.
(b) He wants to be able to fight Sirius Black.
(c) He is falling behind in his classes and needs extra help.
(d) He needs to be better protected against Voldemort.
13. What was James Potter able to transform himself into when he was a student at Hogwarts?
(a) An Eagle.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A stag.
(d) A bear.
14. Who was James Potter's secret keeper?
(a) Albus Dumbledore.
(b) Sirius Black.
(c) Remus Lupin.
(d) Peter Pettigrew.
15. What causes Ron to be an instant celebrity at Hogwarts the day after the third quidditch game?
(a) He knows all the secret passageways in and out of Hogwarts.
(b) His bed curtains were slashed by Sirius Black.
(c) He saw someone try to attack Harry.
(d) He dropped a piece of paper with passwords on it that let Sirius Black enter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hagrid so happy when he talks to Harry, Hermione, and Ron on their last day before summer holiday?
2. Why did Sirius not tell Lupin about the change in the Potter's secret keeper?
3. What is it called when the dementors suck the life out of their victims?
4. What does Harry throw at Malfoy when he begins taunting Ron in Hogsmeade?
5. What do Harry, Ron, and Hermione do when they hear Hagrid crying over Buckbeak's execution?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)