|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Minister of Magic choose to do with Sirius Black after finding him unconscious at the lake?
(a) Release him.
(b) Sacrifice him to the Dementors.
(c) Send him back to prison.
(d) Execute him himself.
2. What does Hermione do when Malfoy starts mocking them about Buckbeak?
(a) Puts a silencing spell on Malfoy.
(b) Laughs with Malfoy.
(c) Slaps Malfoy.
(d) Runs away crying.
3. Why is Hagrid so happy when he talks to Harry, Hermione, and Ron on their last day before summer holiday?
(a) He convinced Fudge to not kill Buckbeak.
(b) Dumbledore did not allow Buckbeak to be killed.
(c) He was not fired.
(d) Buckbeak escaped.
4. How did Snape find out that Lupin is a werewolf?
(a) Lupin once told him back when they were friends.
(b) Lupin was branded while at Hogwarts as a student.
(c) Sirius played a trick on him and he almost got bit.
(d) He knew from the signs he saw.
5. What does Harry do when he sees the unwelcome visitors on the quidditch field during his game against Ravenclaw?
(a) Produces a Patronus Charm.
(b) Turns around and flies away.
(c) Signals to Lupin to help him escape.
(d) Gets off his broom and approaches them.
6. What does Ron find in his room that makes him furious with Hermione after Harry's second quidditch game?
(a) A returned gift.
(b) A nasty note from her.
(c) A bloody sheet.
(d) His unfinished homework.
7. Who sent Harry his Firebolt broom?
(a) Remus Lupin.
(b) Sirius Black.
8. Who was James Potter's secret keeper?
(a) Albus Dumbledore.
(b) Sirius Black.
(c) Peter Pettigrew.
(d) Remus Lupin.
9. What does Harry see before he passes out at the lake with the dementors?
(a) A green and hazy light.
(b) A bright, galloping figure.
(c) Dumbledore running towards him.
(d) A small girl with a wand.
10. Where does the tunnel under the Whomping Willow lead?
(a) The Shrieking Shack.
(b) Hagrid's Shack.
(c) The Forbidden Forest.
(d) Hogsmead Village.
11. Why has Lupin decided to resign from his job as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts?
(a) Working at Hogwarts brought back too many painful memories.
(b) He wants to spend time with Sirius and help keep him safe.
(c) He feels he is a danger to his students.
(d) Snape told everyone he was a werewolf.
12. What is it called when the dementors suck the life out of their victims?
(a) A loss.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A void.
(d) A vacuum.
13. How are Lupin and Sirius tied up before being taken out of the Shack?
(a) With an immobilization spell.
(b) With cords that sprung from a wand.
(c) They are knocked unconscious.
(d) They allow themselves to be tied.
14. Who fouls Harry during the Quidditch Cup finals?
15. Who is trying to get Harry expelled when he comes to after passing out at the lake with all the dementors?
(b) Cornelius Fudge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lupin do when he sees Sirius Black in the Shrieking Shack with Harry?
2. Why is Harry receiving private lessons from Lupin after the Christmas holiday?
3. How many dementors does Harry see at the lake attacking Sirius Black?
4. What must Harry do in order to make the charm that Lupin is teaching him work?
5. What does Sirius tell Harry as they are returning to Hogwarts that makes Harry extremely happy?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)