|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Harry receiving private lessons from Lupin after the Christmas holiday?
(a) He wants to be able to combat the dementors.
(b) He is falling behind in his classes and needs extra help.
(c) He wants to be able to fight Sirius Black.
(d) He needs to be better protected against Voldemort.
2. Who defends Harry when Snape accuses him of helping Sirius escape?
(b) Madame Pomfrey.
(d) Cornelius Fudge.
3. How many dementors does Harry see at the lake attacking Sirius Black?
4. What does the note from Hagrid during Harry's finals say?
(a) He has found Ron's rat.
(b) He is planning to sabotage Lucious Malfoy.
(c) He is being fired.
(d) Buckbeak will be executed.
5. What does Lupin tell Snape that the map really is?
(a) A magical map.
(b) A way to light cigars.
(c) A joke parchment.
(d) An ink blotter.
6. What does Sirius tell Harry as they are returning to Hogwarts that makes Harry extremely happy?
(a) Sirius will be put to death when they return.
(b) Sirius is Harry's legal guardian.
(c) Sirius is innocent.
(d) Sirius sent him the firebolt.
7. Who enters Harry's room and slashes Ron's bed curtains to shreds?
(b) Sirius Black.
(d) Peter Pettigrew.
8. What does Ron accuse Hermione of after finding something in his room after the second quidditch game?
(a) Insulting him in a deep and hurtful way.
(b) Not accepting a token of his love and friendship.
(c) Letting her cat eat his rat.
(d) Not helping him like she promised.
9. What is the most haunted house in Britain called?
(a) The Miserable Mansion.
(b) The Shrieking Shack.
(c) The Creepy Cottage.
(d) The Goulish Gable.
10. Why do Ron and Hermione stop speaking to each other during the Christmas holiday?
(a) Hermione is angry at Ron for asking her to do his school work for him.
(b) Ron is angry with Hermione for having Harry's broom taken away.
(c) Hermione is too busy with school work to speak with Ron.
(d) Ron is angry with Hermione for letting her cat attack his rat.
11. What stops the feud between Ron and Hermione?
(a) Buckbeak is sentenced to death.
(b) Ron finds his rat.
(c) Ron apologizes.
(d) Hermione apologizes.
12. What does the Minister of Magic choose to do with Sirius Black after finding him unconscious at the lake?
(a) Release him.
(b) Execute him himself.
(c) Send him back to prison.
(d) Sacrifice him to the Dementors.
13. Why did Sirius not tell Lupin about the change in the Potter's secret keeper?
(a) He thought Lupin was a spy.
(b) Lupin was not available.
(c) He knew Lupin was a werewolf.
(d) Lupin had already risked too much.
14. Who is the Seeker of Ravenclaw?
(a) Lavender Brown.
(b) Cho Chang.
(c) Cedric Diggory.
(d) Seamus Finnigan.
15. Where does the tunnel under the Whomping Willow lead?
(a) Hagrid's Shack.
(b) Hogsmead Village.
(c) The Shrieking Shack.
(d) The Forbidden Forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Harry from taking a secret passageway to Hogsmeade?
2. What was James Potter able to transform himself into when he was a student at Hogwarts?
3. Who sent Harry his Firebolt broom?
4. Why has Lupin decided to resign from his job as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts?
5. How are Lupin and Sirius tied up before being taken out of the Shack?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)