|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harry play against in the second quidditch game of the season?
2. Why has Lupin decided to resign from his job as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts?
(a) He wants to spend time with Sirius and help keep him safe.
(b) Snape told everyone he was a werewolf.
(c) Working at Hogwarts brought back too many painful memories.
(d) He feels he is a danger to his students.
3. What form does Harry's patronus take?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A bear.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A stag.
4. Why was a finger the only thing found of Peter Pettigrew the night of his confrontation with Black?
(a) Sirius cut it off as a trophy.
(b) It was burned off in an explosion.
(c) He cut his own finger off.
(d) He had the choise of losing a finger or an entire hand.
5. What does Harry do when he sees the unwelcome visitors on the quidditch field during his game against Ravenclaw?
(a) Gets off his broom and approaches them.
(b) Produces a Patronus Charm.
(c) Signals to Lupin to help him escape.
(d) Turns around and flies away.
6. What does Sirius tell Harry as they are returning to Hogwarts that makes Harry extremely happy?
(a) Sirius will be put to death when they return.
(b) Sirius is innocent.
(c) Sirius is Harry's legal guardian.
(d) Sirius sent him the firebolt.
7. Who walks into the room as Lupin finishes telling his story to Harry the night of Buckbeak's execution?
(a) James Potter.
(b) Peter Pettigrew.
8. Why do Ron and Hermione stop speaking to each other during the Christmas holiday?
(a) Hermione is too busy with school work to speak with Ron.
(b) Hermione is angry at Ron for asking her to do his school work for him.
(c) Ron is angry with Hermione for letting her cat attack his rat.
(d) Ron is angry with Hermione for having Harry's broom taken away.
9. What must Harry do in order to make the charm that Lupin is teaching him work?
(a) Focus on his deepest fear.
(b) Completely clear his mind.
(c) Visualize what he wants to do to his enemy.
(d) Think of his happiest memory.
10. Who wishes Harry good luck just before he enters to field for the Quidditch Cup finals?
11. How did Lupin discover that Peter Pettigrew was still alive?
(a) Dumbledore told him.
(b) Peter told him.
(c) The Marauder's Map.
(d) He was there the night that the fight between Black and Peter happened.
12. Why did Sirius not tell Lupin about the change in the Potter's secret keeper?
(a) He thought Lupin was a spy.
(b) He knew Lupin was a werewolf.
(c) Lupin was not available.
(d) Lupin had already risked too much.
13. What does Harry throw at Malfoy when he begins taunting Ron in Hogsmeade?
14. What does Ron find in his room that makes him furious with Hermione after Harry's second quidditch game?
(a) His unfinished homework.
(b) A returned gift.
(c) A nasty note from her.
(d) A bloody sheet.
15. Who protects Sirius Black when Harry is about to kill him in the Shrieking Shack?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note from Hagrid during Harry's finals say?
2. How does James Potter's murderer escape from his chains as he is being dragged to Hogwarts?
3. What is Harry called by the man who ties up Lupin and Sirius in the Shack?
4. Who stops Harry from taking a secret passageway to Hogsmeade?
5. What appears on the field during the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)