|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What starts running towards Ron as he nears the castle after Buckbeak's execution?
(a) A big, black dog.
2. What does the map do when Snape tries to unlocks its secrets?
(a) Spills ink.
(b) Insults him.
(c) Burns to ashes.
(d) Remains blank.
3. What does the Minister of Magic choose to do with Sirius Black after finding him unconscious at the lake?
(a) Execute him himself.
(b) Sacrifice him to the Dementors.
(c) Send him back to prison.
(d) Release him.
4. Who defends Harry when Snape accuses him of helping Sirius escape?
(b) Cornelius Fudge.
(c) Madame Pomfrey.
5. How do Ron, Harry, and Hermione hide while Buckbeak is being executed?
(a) They sneak out the back door.
(b) They hide in a pile of hay.
(c) They cram into Hagrid's closet.
(d) Harry's invisibility cloak.
6. Who protects Sirius Black when Harry is about to kill him in the Shrieking Shack?
7. Who is the Seeker of Ravenclaw?
(a) Cho Chang.
(b) Cedric Diggory.
(c) Seamus Finnigan.
(d) Lavender Brown.
8. Why did Sirius not tell Lupin about the change in the Potter's secret keeper?
(a) He thought Lupin was a spy.
(b) He knew Lupin was a werewolf.
(c) Lupin was not available.
(d) Lupin had already risked too much.
9. What is the most haunted house in Britain called?
(a) The Shrieking Shack.
(b) The Goulish Gable.
(c) The Creepy Cottage.
(d) The Miserable Mansion.
10. Who wishes Harry good luck just before he enters to field for the Quidditch Cup finals?
11. Who sent Harry his Firebolt broom?
(b) Sirius Black.
(d) Remus Lupin.
12. What is Harry called by the man who ties up Lupin and Sirius in the Shack?
(a) A disgrace to his father's name.
(b) A poor excuse for a legend.
(c) An arrogant boy.
(d) A dirty mud blood.
13. What is it called when the dementors suck the life out of their victims?
(a) A loss.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A vacuum.
(d) A void.
14. Who does Harry think saved him at the lake with the dementors?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
15. Why do Ron and Hermione stop speaking to each other during the Christmas holiday?
(a) Ron is angry with Hermione for letting her cat attack his rat.
(b) Hermione is too busy with school work to speak with Ron.
(c) Hermione is angry at Ron for asking her to do his school work for him.
(d) Ron is angry with Hermione for having Harry's broom taken away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What appears on the field during the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
2. What does Harry see outside the night before the Quidditch Cup finals?
3. What do Harry, Ron, and Hermione do when they hear Hagrid crying over Buckbeak's execution?
4. How did the unwelcome visitor enter Harry's room when his bed curtains were slashed?
5. What does Harry throw at Malfoy when he begins taunting Ron in Hogsmeade?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)