|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lupin teach Harry in his private lesson after the Christmas holiday?
(a) The Introspective Charm.
(b) The Patronus Charm.
(c) The Protective Shield Charm.
(d) The Illumination Charm.
2. What does Hermione do when Malfoy starts mocking them about Buckbeak?
(a) Runs away crying.
(b) Puts a silencing spell on Malfoy.
(c) Laughs with Malfoy.
(d) Slaps Malfoy.
3. What does the map do when Snape tries to unlocks its secrets?
(a) Remains blank.
(b) Spills ink.
(c) Insults him.
(d) Burns to ashes.
4. What does the Minister of Magic choose to do with Sirius Black after finding him unconscious at the lake?
(a) Sacrifice him to the Dementors.
(b) Send him back to prison.
(c) Execute him himself.
(d) Release him.
5. How does James Potter's murderer escape from his chains as he is being dragged to Hogwarts?
(a) He convinces them all that he is innocent and they let him go.
(b) He uses Lupin's wand to transform and run away.
(c) He uses a spell to undo his chains.
(d) He turns into a werewolf and breaks his own chains.
6. What must Harry do in order to make the charm that Lupin is teaching him work?
(a) Visualize what he wants to do to his enemy.
(b) Completely clear his mind.
(c) Think of his happiest memory.
(d) Focus on his deepest fear.
7. How are Lupin and Sirius tied up before being taken out of the Shack?
(a) With an immobilization spell.
(b) They allow themselves to be tied.
(c) They are knocked unconscious.
(d) With cords that sprung from a wand.
8. What does Hermione do in Trelawney's class after her confrontation with Malfoy?
(a) Asks Trelawney for some private lessons.
(b) Calls Trelwaney a quack and walks out.
(c) Fails a test and cries.
(d) Throws a crystal ball on the floor out of anger.
9. Who defends Harry when Snape accuses him of helping Sirius escape?
(b) Madame Pomfrey.
(d) Cornelius Fudge.
10. What does Harry do when he sees the unwelcome visitors on the quidditch field during his game against Ravenclaw?
(a) Produces a Patronus Charm.
(b) Turns around and flies away.
(c) Gets off his broom and approaches them.
(d) Signals to Lupin to help him escape.
11. Why does Harry decide to do with the man who was responsible for his parent's death?
(a) Take him to the dementors.
(b) Put him in Azkaban.
(c) Ask Dumbledore what to do.
(d) Kill him on the spot.
12. How did Lupin discover that Peter Pettigrew was still alive?
(a) The Marauder's Map.
(b) Dumbledore told him.
(c) Peter told him.
(d) He was there the night that the fight between Black and Peter happened.
13. Who does Harry think saved him at the lake with the dementors?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
14. Who does Harry play against in the second quidditch game of the season?
15. Why was a finger the only thing found of Peter Pettigrew the night of his confrontation with Black?
(a) He cut his own finger off.
(b) Sirius cut it off as a trophy.
(c) It was burned off in an explosion.
(d) He had the choise of losing a finger or an entire hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note from Hagrid during Harry's finals say?
2. What does Ron find in his room that makes him furious with Hermione after Harry's second quidditch game?
3. Why do Ron and Hermione stop speaking to each other during the Christmas holiday?
4. What stops the feud between Ron and Hermione?
5. Why has Lupin decided to resign from his job as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)