|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ron holding while Lupin tells his story the night of Buckbeak's execution?
2. How did Lupin discover that Peter Pettigrew was still alive?
(a) Peter told him.
(b) Dumbledore told him.
(c) The Marauder's Map.
(d) He was there the night that the fight between Black and Peter happened.
3. What is the most haunted house in Britain called?
(a) The Miserable Mansion.
(b) The Shrieking Shack.
(c) The Goulish Gable.
(d) The Creepy Cottage.
4. What does Harry see outside the night before the Quidditch Cup finals?
(a) A werewolf retreating into the forest.
(b) Crookshanks walking with a big black dog.
(c) Sirius Black slinking along the walls.
(d) Crabbe and Goyle trying to harm his broom.
5. What does Sirius tell Harry as they are returning to Hogwarts that makes Harry extremely happy?
(a) Sirius is Harry's legal guardian.
(b) Sirius will be put to death when they return.
(c) Sirius is innocent.
(d) Sirius sent him the firebolt.
6. What does the map do when Snape tries to unlocks its secrets?
(a) Burns to ashes.
(b) Spills ink.
(c) Insults him.
(d) Remains blank.
7. Who enters Harry's room and slashes Ron's bed curtains to shreds?
(a) Peter Pettigrew.
(c) Sirius Black.
8. What causes Ron to be an instant celebrity at Hogwarts the day after the third quidditch game?
(a) He knows all the secret passageways in and out of Hogwarts.
(b) He dropped a piece of paper with passwords on it that let Sirius Black enter.
(c) He saw someone try to attack Harry.
(d) His bed curtains were slashed by Sirius Black.
9. How many times does Hermione turn her time-turner before she sends herself and Harry back in time.
10. What does Lupin teach Harry in his private lesson after the Christmas holiday?
(a) The Introspective Charm.
(b) The Protective Shield Charm.
(c) The Illumination Charm.
(d) The Patronus Charm.
11. What does Harry's Divination final exam consist of?
(a) Using palm lines to tell the future,
(b) Reading tea leaves.
(c) Gazing into a crystal ball and making predictions.
(d) Writing an essay about everything that was learned.
12. What did James and Sirius do to help Lupin during his transformations while they were at Hogwarts together?
(a) Taught themselves to transform into animals.
(b) Kept his secret for them.
(c) Built the Shrieking Shack.
(d) Held parties on full-moon nights to distract the students.
13. Who is trying to get Harry expelled when he comes to after passing out at the lake with all the dementors?
(b) Cornelius Fudge.
14. Who fouls Harry during the Quidditch Cup finals?
15. Who protects Sirius Black when Harry is about to kill him in the Shrieking Shack?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Lupin decided to resign from his job as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts?
2. Who do Harry, Hermione, and Ron run into after their final exams?
3. Why is Hagrid so happy when he talks to Harry, Hermione, and Ron on their last day before summer holiday?
4. What is on the end of the necklace that Hermione uses to send herself and Harry back in time?
5. What does Lupin tell Snape that the map really is?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)