|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Lupin decided to resign from his job as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts?
(a) Snape told everyone he was a werewolf.
(b) He wants to spend time with Sirius and help keep him safe.
(c) He feels he is a danger to his students.
(d) Working at Hogwarts brought back too many painful memories.
2. What does Harry see outside the night before the Quidditch Cup finals?
(a) Crookshanks walking with a big black dog.
(b) A werewolf retreating into the forest.
(c) Sirius Black slinking along the walls.
(d) Crabbe and Goyle trying to harm his broom.
3. What does Hermione do when Malfoy starts mocking them about Buckbeak?
(a) Runs away crying.
(b) Laughs with Malfoy.
(c) Puts a silencing spell on Malfoy.
(d) Slaps Malfoy.
4. How does James Potter's murderer escape from his chains as he is being dragged to Hogwarts?
(a) He uses a spell to undo his chains.
(b) He turns into a werewolf and breaks his own chains.
(c) He convinces them all that he is innocent and they let him go.
(d) He uses Lupin's wand to transform and run away.
5. What does Ron find in Hagrid's hut when he is there trying to comfort Hagrid?
(a) His rat.
(b) His homework.
(c) His old wand.
(d) His wallet.
6. What does the Minister of Magic choose to do with Sirius Black after finding him unconscious at the lake?
(a) Send him back to prison.
(b) Execute him himself.
(c) Sacrifice him to the Dementors.
(d) Release him.
7. Who was James Potter's secret keeper?
(a) Sirius Black.
(b) Albus Dumbledore.
(c) Remus Lupin.
(d) Peter Pettigrew.
8. What does Ron find in his room that makes him furious with Hermione after Harry's second quidditch game?
(a) A nasty note from her.
(b) A returned gift.
(c) His unfinished homework.
(d) A bloody sheet.
9. What does Sirius tell Harry as they are returning to Hogwarts that makes Harry extremely happy?
(a) Sirius is innocent.
(b) Sirius will be put to death when they return.
(c) Sirius sent him the firebolt.
(d) Sirius is Harry's legal guardian.
10. Why was a finger the only thing found of Peter Pettigrew the night of his confrontation with Black?
(a) He cut his own finger off.
(b) It was burned off in an explosion.
(c) He had the choise of losing a finger or an entire hand.
(d) Sirius cut it off as a trophy.
11. What does Harry see before he passes out at the lake with the dementors?
(a) A small girl with a wand.
(b) A green and hazy light.
(c) Dumbledore running towards him.
(d) A bright, galloping figure.
12. How many dementors does Harry see at the lake attacking Sirius Black?
13. What is the most haunted house in Britain called?
(a) The Shrieking Shack.
(b) The Goulish Gable.
(c) The Miserable Mansion.
(d) The Creepy Cottage.
14. Who walks into the room as Lupin finishes telling his story to Harry the night of Buckbeak's execution?
(b) Peter Pettigrew.
(d) James Potter.
15. Who do Harry, Hermione, and Ron run into after their final exams?
(a) Lucious Malfoy.
(b) An Executioner.
(c) Cornelius Fudge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry play against in the second quidditch game of the season?
2. How do Harry and his group take the unconscious man from the Shack back to Hogwarts?
3. Who wishes Harry good luck just before he enters to field for the Quidditch Cup finals?
4. What stops the feud between Ron and Hermione?
5. What does the note from Hagrid during Harry's finals say?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)