|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermione do in Trelawney's class after her confrontation with Malfoy?
(a) Fails a test and cries.
(b) Throws a crystal ball on the floor out of anger.
(c) Calls Trelwaney a quack and walks out.
(d) Asks Trelawney for some private lessons.
2. Who does Harry play against in the second quidditch game of the season?
3. What is on the end of the necklace that Hermione uses to send herself and Harry back in time?
(a) A clock.
(b) A sun and moon.
(c) An hourglass.
(d) A sun dial.
4. What do Harry, Ron, and Hermione do when they hear Hagrid crying over Buckbeak's execution?
(a) They head back to the castle.
(b) They run to him to calm him.
(c) They help him bury Buckbeak.
(d) They run to tell Dumbledore the news.
5. Why did Sirius not tell Lupin about the change in the Potter's secret keeper?
(a) He thought Lupin was a spy.
(b) Lupin had already risked too much.
(c) Lupin was not available.
(d) He knew Lupin was a werewolf.
6. What does Lupin teach Harry in his private lesson after the Christmas holiday?
(a) The Protective Shield Charm.
(b) The Illumination Charm.
(c) The Patronus Charm.
(d) The Introspective Charm.
7. Why does Harry decide to do with the man who was responsible for his parent's death?
(a) Take him to the dementors.
(b) Put him in Azkaban.
(c) Kill him on the spot.
(d) Ask Dumbledore what to do.
8. How does James Potter's murderer escape from his chains as he is being dragged to Hogwarts?
(a) He uses Lupin's wand to transform and run away.
(b) He uses a spell to undo his chains.
(c) He convinces them all that he is innocent and they let him go.
(d) He turns into a werewolf and breaks his own chains.
9. What stops the feud between Ron and Hermione?
(a) Ron apologizes.
(b) Ron finds his rat.
(c) Hermione apologizes.
(d) Buckbeak is sentenced to death.
10. Who do Harry, Hermione, and Ron run into after their final exams?
(a) Cornelius Fudge.
(c) An Executioner.
(d) Lucious Malfoy.
11. How did the unwelcome visitor enter Harry's room when his bed curtains were slashed?
(a) He used the flew network.
(b) He used a secret passageway.
(c) He apparated into the room.
(d) He had the passwords needed to enter.
12. Who does Dumbledore want Hermione and Harry to save by going back in time?
(a) Buckbeak and Peter Pettigrew.
(b) Lupin and Buckbeak.
(c) Buckbeak and Sirius.
(d) Scabbers and Sirius.
13. What does Harry do when he sees the unwelcome visitors on the quidditch field during his game against Ravenclaw?
(a) Turns around and flies away.
(b) Produces a Patronus Charm.
(c) Gets off his broom and approaches them.
(d) Signals to Lupin to help him escape.
14. Who enters Harry's room and slashes Ron's bed curtains to shreds?
(b) Peter Pettigrew.
(c) Sirius Black.
15. What must Harry do in order to make the charm that Lupin is teaching him work?
(a) Focus on his deepest fear.
(b) Think of his happiest memory.
(c) Visualize what he wants to do to his enemy.
(d) Completely clear his mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Ron and Hermione stop speaking to each other during the Christmas holiday?
2. What appears on the field during the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
3. Who defends Harry when Snape accuses him of helping Sirius escape?
4. What does Ron accuse Hermione of after finding something in his room after the second quidditch game?
5. What does Lupin tell Snape that the map really is?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)