|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry see before he passes out at the lake with the dementors?
(a) Dumbledore running towards him.
(b) A bright, galloping figure.
(c) A small girl with a wand.
(d) A green and hazy light.
2. What does Hermione do in Trelawney's class after her confrontation with Malfoy?
(a) Fails a test and cries.
(b) Asks Trelawney for some private lessons.
(c) Calls Trelwaney a quack and walks out.
(d) Throws a crystal ball on the floor out of anger.
3. What appears on the field during the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
(a) Sirius Black.
(b) Cornelius Fudge and a group of officials from the Ministry.
(c) A troop of ghosts.
(d) Three dementors.
4. Who told Voldemort where the Potters were on the night that they were killed?
(a) Peter Pettigrew.
(b) Severus Snape.
(c) Sirius Black.
(d) Lucious Malfoy.
5. What does the map do when Snape tries to unlocks its secrets?
(a) Burns to ashes.
(b) Spills ink.
(c) Remains blank.
(d) Insults him.
6. How does James Potter's murderer escape from his chains as he is being dragged to Hogwarts?
(a) He uses Lupin's wand to transform and run away.
(b) He uses a spell to undo his chains.
(c) He convinces them all that he is innocent and they let him go.
(d) He turns into a werewolf and breaks his own chains.
7. Who is the Seeker of Ravenclaw?
(a) Cedric Diggory.
(b) Cho Chang.
(c) Seamus Finnigan.
(d) Lavender Brown.
8. Who fouls Harry during the Quidditch Cup finals?
9. Who protects Sirius Black when Harry is about to kill him in the Shrieking Shack?
10. How many times does Hermione turn her time-turner before she sends herself and Harry back in time.
11. What causes Ron to be an instant celebrity at Hogwarts the day after the third quidditch game?
(a) His bed curtains were slashed by Sirius Black.
(b) He dropped a piece of paper with passwords on it that let Sirius Black enter.
(c) He saw someone try to attack Harry.
(d) He knows all the secret passageways in and out of Hogwarts.
12. How did Lupin discover that Peter Pettigrew was still alive?
(a) The Marauder's Map.
(b) He was there the night that the fight between Black and Peter happened.
(c) Dumbledore told him.
(d) Peter told him.
13. How are Lupin and Sirius tied up before being taken out of the Shack?
(a) With an immobilization spell.
(b) With cords that sprung from a wand.
(c) They are knocked unconscious.
(d) They allow themselves to be tied.
14. Where does the tunnel under the Whomping Willow lead?
(a) Hagrid's Shack.
(b) Hogsmead Village.
(c) The Forbidden Forest.
(d) The Shrieking Shack.
15. Why was a finger the only thing found of Peter Pettigrew the night of his confrontation with Black?
(a) Sirius cut it off as a trophy.
(b) He cut his own finger off.
(c) It was burned off in an explosion.
(d) He had the choise of losing a finger or an entire hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the note from Hagrid during Harry's finals say?
2. What must Harry do in order to make the charm that Lupin is teaching him work?
3. Why was the Whomping Willow planted at Hogwarts?
4. What is Harry called by the man who ties up Lupin and Sirius in the Shack?
5. What happens to Trelawney as Harry is leaving after his Divination exam?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)