|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Minister of Magic choose to do with Sirius Black after finding him unconscious at the lake?
(a) Sacrifice him to the Dementors.
(b) Execute him himself.
(c) Send him back to prison.
(d) Release him.
2. What does Hermione do in Trelawney's class after her confrontation with Malfoy?
(a) Fails a test and cries.
(b) Asks Trelawney for some private lessons.
(c) Throws a crystal ball on the floor out of anger.
(d) Calls Trelwaney a quack and walks out.
3. What is the most haunted house in Britain called?
(a) The Creepy Cottage.
(b) The Goulish Gable.
(c) The Shrieking Shack.
(d) The Miserable Mansion.
4. How many times does Hermione turn her time-turner before she sends herself and Harry back in time.
5. What does Harry throw at Malfoy when he begins taunting Ron in Hogsmeade?
6. How did Snape find out that Lupin is a werewolf?
(a) Sirius played a trick on him and he almost got bit.
(b) He knew from the signs he saw.
(c) Lupin once told him back when they were friends.
(d) Lupin was branded while at Hogwarts as a student.
7. Why did Sirius not tell Lupin about the change in the Potter's secret keeper?
(a) Lupin was not available.
(b) Lupin had already risked too much.
(c) He knew Lupin was a werewolf.
(d) He thought Lupin was a spy.
8. Who is Ron holding while Lupin tells his story the night of Buckbeak's execution?
9. Why has Lupin decided to resign from his job as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts?
(a) Working at Hogwarts brought back too many painful memories.
(b) He feels he is a danger to his students.
(c) He wants to spend time with Sirius and help keep him safe.
(d) Snape told everyone he was a werewolf.
10. How do Ron, Harry, and Hermione hide while Buckbeak is being executed?
(a) They sneak out the back door.
(b) They hide in a pile of hay.
(c) Harry's invisibility cloak.
(d) They cram into Hagrid's closet.
11. What was James Potter able to transform himself into when he was a student at Hogwarts?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A stag.
(c) An Eagle.
(d) A bear.
12. What causes Ron to be an instant celebrity at Hogwarts the day after the third quidditch game?
(a) His bed curtains were slashed by Sirius Black.
(b) He knows all the secret passageways in and out of Hogwarts.
(c) He dropped a piece of paper with passwords on it that let Sirius Black enter.
(d) He saw someone try to attack Harry.
13. Who do Harry, Hermione, and Ron run into after their final exams?
(a) Lucious Malfoy.
(b) Cornelius Fudge.
(d) An Executioner.
14. What does Lupin teach Harry in his private lesson after the Christmas holiday?
(a) The Patronus Charm.
(b) The Illumination Charm.
(c) The Introspective Charm.
(d) The Protective Shield Charm.
15. How are Lupin and Sirius tied up before being taken out of the Shack?
(a) With cords that sprung from a wand.
(b) They allow themselves to be tied.
(c) With an immobilization spell.
(d) They are knocked unconscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lupin discover that Peter Pettigrew was still alive?
2. What does Ron find in his room that makes him furious with Hermione after Harry's second quidditch game?
3. Why was a finger the only thing found of Peter Pettigrew the night of his confrontation with Black?
4. Who defends Harry when Snape accuses him of helping Sirius escape?
5. What does Harry see before he passes out at the lake with the dementors?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)