|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears on the field during the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
(a) Three dementors.
(b) A troop of ghosts.
(c) Cornelius Fudge and a group of officials from the Ministry.
(d) Sirius Black.
2. What do Harry, Ron, and Hermione do when they hear Hagrid crying over Buckbeak's execution?
(a) They run to tell Dumbledore the news.
(b) They help him bury Buckbeak.
(c) They head back to the castle.
(d) They run to him to calm him.
3. Who does Harry play against in the second quidditch game of the season?
4. What does Lupin do when he sees Sirius Black in the Shrieking Shack with Harry?
(a) He punches him.
(b) He faints.
(c) He holds his wand at the ready and demands an explanation.
(d) He hugs him like a brother.
5. How many times does Hermione turn her time-turner before she sends herself and Harry back in time.
6. How does James Potter's murderer escape from his chains as he is being dragged to Hogwarts?
(a) He convinces them all that he is innocent and they let him go.
(b) He uses a spell to undo his chains.
(c) He turns into a werewolf and breaks his own chains.
(d) He uses Lupin's wand to transform and run away.
7. How did the unwelcome visitor enter Harry's room when his bed curtains were slashed?
(a) He had the passwords needed to enter.
(b) He used the flew network.
(c) He apparated into the room.
(d) He used a secret passageway.
8. What does the map do when Snape tries to unlocks its secrets?
(a) Burns to ashes.
(b) Insults him.
(c) Spills ink.
(d) Remains blank.
9. What is it called when the dementors suck the life out of their victims?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A loss.
(c) A vacuum.
(d) A void.
10. What does Harry throw at Malfoy when he begins taunting Ron in Hogsmeade?
11. What stops the feud between Ron and Hermione?
(a) Ron apologizes.
(b) Buckbeak is sentenced to death.
(c) Hermione apologizes.
(d) Ron finds his rat.
12. What does Harry see outside the night before the Quidditch Cup finals?
(a) Crabbe and Goyle trying to harm his broom.
(b) Sirius Black slinking along the walls.
(c) Crookshanks walking with a big black dog.
(d) A werewolf retreating into the forest.
13. Why is Harry receiving private lessons from Lupin after the Christmas holiday?
(a) He needs to be better protected against Voldemort.
(b) He wants to be able to combat the dementors.
(c) He wants to be able to fight Sirius Black.
(d) He is falling behind in his classes and needs extra help.
14. What does Lupin teach Harry in his private lesson after the Christmas holiday?
(a) The Introspective Charm.
(b) The Protective Shield Charm.
(c) The Illumination Charm.
(d) The Patronus Charm.
15. Who sent Harry his Firebolt broom?
(a) Sirius Black.
(c) Remus Lupin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was a finger the only thing found of Peter Pettigrew the night of his confrontation with Black?
2. Who fouls Harry during the Quidditch Cup finals?
3. How are Lupin and Sirius tied up before being taken out of the Shack?
4. What must Harry do in order to make the charm that Lupin is teaching him work?
5. Who does Dumbledore want Hermione and Harry to save by going back in time?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)