|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Ron, Harry, and Hermione hide while Buckbeak is being executed?
(a) They cram into Hagrid's closet.
(b) They sneak out the back door.
(c) Harry's invisibility cloak.
(d) They hide in a pile of hay.
2. Who walks into the room as Lupin finishes telling his story to Harry the night of Buckbeak's execution?
(c) Peter Pettigrew.
(d) James Potter.
3. What does Harry throw at Malfoy when he begins taunting Ron in Hogsmeade?
4. What does the note from Hagrid during Harry's finals say?
(a) He has found Ron's rat.
(b) He is being fired.
(c) Buckbeak will be executed.
(d) He is planning to sabotage Lucious Malfoy.
5. What form does Harry's patronus take?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A stag.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A bear.
6. How does James Potter's murderer escape from his chains as he is being dragged to Hogwarts?
(a) He convinces them all that he is innocent and they let him go.
(b) He uses a spell to undo his chains.
(c) He turns into a werewolf and breaks his own chains.
(d) He uses Lupin's wand to transform and run away.
7. What does Harry do when he sees the unwelcome visitors on the quidditch field during his game against Ravenclaw?
(a) Produces a Patronus Charm.
(b) Signals to Lupin to help him escape.
(c) Gets off his broom and approaches them.
(d) Turns around and flies away.
8. How did Snape find out that Lupin is a werewolf?
(a) Lupin was branded while at Hogwarts as a student.
(b) Lupin once told him back when they were friends.
(c) Sirius played a trick on him and he almost got bit.
(d) He knew from the signs he saw.
9. What does Ron find in his room that makes him furious with Hermione after Harry's second quidditch game?
(a) A returned gift.
(b) A bloody sheet.
(c) His unfinished homework.
(d) A nasty note from her.
10. What does Ron find in Hagrid's hut when he is there trying to comfort Hagrid?
(a) His rat.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His old wand.
(d) His homework.
11. What is on the end of the necklace that Hermione uses to send herself and Harry back in time?
(a) A sun dial.
(b) A clock.
(c) An hourglass.
(d) A sun and moon.
12. What stops the feud between Ron and Hermione?
(a) Hermione apologizes.
(b) Buckbeak is sentenced to death.
(c) Ron apologizes.
(d) Ron finds his rat.
13. What starts running towards Ron as he nears the castle after Buckbeak's execution?
(d) A big, black dog.
14. Who fouls Harry during the Quidditch Cup finals?
15. What does the map do when Snape tries to unlocks its secrets?
(a) Spills ink.
(b) Remains blank.
(c) Burns to ashes.
(d) Insults him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Hermione turn her time-turner before she sends herself and Harry back in time.
2. Where does the tunnel under the Whomping Willow lead?
3. What does Sirius tell Harry as they are returning to Hogwarts that makes Harry extremely happy?
4. Why was a finger the only thing found of Peter Pettigrew the night of his confrontation with Black?
5. What does Hermione do when Malfoy starts mocking them about Buckbeak?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)