|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Harry and his group take the unconscious man from the Shack back to Hogwarts?
(a) They don't; they leave him at the Shack.
(b) They make a splint for him to ride.
(c) They put a floating spell on him.
(d) They drag him along.
2. Who defends Harry when Snape accuses him of helping Sirius escape?
(a) Cornelius Fudge.
(b) Madame Pomfrey.
3. Who was James Potter's secret keeper?
(a) Remus Lupin.
(b) Sirius Black.
(c) Peter Pettigrew.
(d) Albus Dumbledore.
4. What does Lupin tell Snape that the map really is?
(a) A way to light cigars.
(b) An ink blotter.
(c) A joke parchment.
(d) A magical map.
5. What starts running towards Ron as he nears the castle after Buckbeak's execution?
(d) A big, black dog.
6. What does Ron find in Hagrid's hut when he is there trying to comfort Hagrid?
(a) His homework.
(b) His old wand.
(c) His rat.
(d) His wallet.
7. Who does Harry play against in the second quidditch game of the season?
8. What causes Ron to be an instant celebrity at Hogwarts the day after the third quidditch game?
(a) His bed curtains were slashed by Sirius Black.
(b) He dropped a piece of paper with passwords on it that let Sirius Black enter.
(c) He saw someone try to attack Harry.
(d) He knows all the secret passageways in and out of Hogwarts.
9. Why has Lupin decided to resign from his job as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts?
(a) He feels he is a danger to his students.
(b) He wants to spend time with Sirius and help keep him safe.
(c) Working at Hogwarts brought back too many painful memories.
(d) Snape told everyone he was a werewolf.
10. Who is Ron holding while Lupin tells his story the night of Buckbeak's execution?
11. What does Hermione do in Trelawney's class after her confrontation with Malfoy?
(a) Asks Trelawney for some private lessons.
(b) Fails a test and cries.
(c) Throws a crystal ball on the floor out of anger.
(d) Calls Trelwaney a quack and walks out.
12. What does Hermione do when Malfoy starts mocking them about Buckbeak?
(a) Laughs with Malfoy.
(b) Runs away crying.
(c) Slaps Malfoy.
(d) Puts a silencing spell on Malfoy.
13. What does Harry see outside the night before the Quidditch Cup finals?
(a) A werewolf retreating into the forest.
(b) Sirius Black slinking along the walls.
(c) Crookshanks walking with a big black dog.
(d) Crabbe and Goyle trying to harm his broom.
14. Why did Sirius not tell Lupin about the change in the Potter's secret keeper?
(a) Lupin was not available.
(b) He knew Lupin was a werewolf.
(c) He thought Lupin was a spy.
(d) Lupin had already risked too much.
15. What does the Minister of Magic choose to do with Sirius Black after finding him unconscious at the lake?
(a) Send him back to prison.
(b) Sacrifice him to the Dementors.
(c) Release him.
(d) Execute him himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops the feud between Ron and Hermione?
2. What was James Potter able to transform himself into when he was a student at Hogwarts?
3. What is it called when the dementors suck the life out of their victims?
4. What does Harry see before he passes out at the lake with the dementors?
5. How did Snape find out that Lupin is a werewolf?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)