|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Hermione turn her time-turner before she sends herself and Harry back in time.
2. Why has Lupin decided to resign from his job as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts?
(a) He feels he is a danger to his students.
(b) Snape told everyone he was a werewolf.
(c) He wants to spend time with Sirius and help keep him safe.
(d) Working at Hogwarts brought back too many painful memories.
3. What is the most haunted house in Britain called?
(a) The Goulish Gable.
(b) The Miserable Mansion.
(c) The Shrieking Shack.
(d) The Creepy Cottage.
4. Why do Ron and Hermione stop speaking to each other during the Christmas holiday?
(a) Hermione is too busy with school work to speak with Ron.
(b) Ron is angry with Hermione for having Harry's broom taken away.
(c) Ron is angry with Hermione for letting her cat attack his rat.
(d) Hermione is angry at Ron for asking her to do his school work for him.
5. Why was a finger the only thing found of Peter Pettigrew the night of his confrontation with Black?
(a) Sirius cut it off as a trophy.
(b) He had the choise of losing a finger or an entire hand.
(c) He cut his own finger off.
(d) It was burned off in an explosion.
6. Why is Harry receiving private lessons from Lupin after the Christmas holiday?
(a) He wants to be able to fight Sirius Black.
(b) He needs to be better protected against Voldemort.
(c) He wants to be able to combat the dementors.
(d) He is falling behind in his classes and needs extra help.
7. What does the map do when Snape tries to unlocks its secrets?
(a) Burns to ashes.
(b) Remains blank.
(c) Spills ink.
(d) Insults him.
8. Why is Hagrid so happy when he talks to Harry, Hermione, and Ron on their last day before summer holiday?
(a) Dumbledore did not allow Buckbeak to be killed.
(b) He convinced Fudge to not kill Buckbeak.
(c) Buckbeak escaped.
(d) He was not fired.
9. How does James Potter's murderer escape from his chains as he is being dragged to Hogwarts?
(a) He turns into a werewolf and breaks his own chains.
(b) He uses a spell to undo his chains.
(c) He convinces them all that he is innocent and they let him go.
(d) He uses Lupin's wand to transform and run away.
10. What does Lupin do when he sees Sirius Black in the Shrieking Shack with Harry?
(a) He punches him.
(b) He faints.
(c) He hugs him like a brother.
(d) He holds his wand at the ready and demands an explanation.
11. Who is Ron holding while Lupin tells his story the night of Buckbeak's execution?
12. Who wishes Harry good luck just before he enters to field for the Quidditch Cup finals?
13. Where does the tunnel under the Whomping Willow lead?
(a) The Forbidden Forest.
(b) Hogsmead Village.
(c) Hagrid's Shack.
(d) The Shrieking Shack.
14. What does Ron find in his room that makes him furious with Hermione after Harry's second quidditch game?
(a) A nasty note from her.
(b) His unfinished homework.
(c) A bloody sheet.
(d) A returned gift.
15. Who told Voldemort where the Potters were on the night that they were killed?
(a) Severus Snape.
(b) Sirius Black.
(c) Peter Pettigrew.
(d) Lucious Malfoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops the feud between Ron and Hermione?
2. What is on the end of the necklace that Hermione uses to send herself and Harry back in time?
3. Who is trying to get Harry expelled when he comes to after passing out at the lake with all the dementors?
4. What does Ron find in Hagrid's hut when he is there trying to comfort Hagrid?
5. Who do Harry, Hermione, and Ron run into after their final exams?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)