|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry see before he passes out at the lake with the dementors?
(a) A bright, galloping figure.
(b) A small girl with a wand.
(c) A green and hazy light.
(d) Dumbledore running towards him.
2. Who is Ron holding while Lupin tells his story the night of Buckbeak's execution?
3. What happens to Trelawney as Harry is leaving after his Divination exam?
(a) She sees a dementor and faints.
(b) He knocks over his crystal ball and it falls on her foot.
(c) She sees Buckbeak flying away.
(d) She goes into a trance and gives a prophecy.
4. What appears on the field during the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
(a) A troop of ghosts.
(b) Cornelius Fudge and a group of officials from the Ministry.
(c) Three dementors.
(d) Sirius Black.
5. What did James and Sirius do to help Lupin during his transformations while they were at Hogwarts together?
(a) Held parties on full-moon nights to distract the students.
(b) Built the Shrieking Shack.
(c) Kept his secret for them.
(d) Taught themselves to transform into animals.
6. How are Lupin and Sirius tied up before being taken out of the Shack?
(a) They allow themselves to be tied.
(b) With cords that sprung from a wand.
(c) With an immobilization spell.
(d) They are knocked unconscious.
7. What is it called when the dementors suck the life out of their victims?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A loss.
(c) A void.
(d) A vacuum.
8. What does Lupin tell Snape that the map really is?
(a) A joke parchment.
(b) A magical map.
(c) A way to light cigars.
(d) An ink blotter.
9. Why is Harry receiving private lessons from Lupin after the Christmas holiday?
(a) He wants to be able to combat the dementors.
(b) He needs to be better protected against Voldemort.
(c) He is falling behind in his classes and needs extra help.
(d) He wants to be able to fight Sirius Black.
10. What does Harry's Divination final exam consist of?
(a) Gazing into a crystal ball and making predictions.
(b) Using palm lines to tell the future,
(c) Writing an essay about everything that was learned.
(d) Reading tea leaves.
11. Who sent Harry his Firebolt broom?
(b) Remus Lupin.
(d) Sirius Black.
12. Who told Voldemort where the Potters were on the night that they were killed?
(a) Peter Pettigrew.
(b) Severus Snape.
(c) Sirius Black.
(d) Lucious Malfoy.
13. Who wishes Harry good luck just before he enters to field for the Quidditch Cup finals?
14. Why did Sirius not tell Lupin about the change in the Potter's secret keeper?
(a) He thought Lupin was a spy.
(b) Lupin was not available.
(c) He knew Lupin was a werewolf.
(d) Lupin had already risked too much.
15. How do Harry and his group take the unconscious man from the Shack back to Hogwarts?
(a) They drag him along.
(b) They don't; they leave him at the Shack.
(c) They put a floating spell on him.
(d) They make a splint for him to ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do when he sees the unwelcome visitors on the quidditch field during his game against Ravenclaw?
2. What do Harry, Ron, and Hermione do when they hear Hagrid crying over Buckbeak's execution?
3. What does Harry throw at Malfoy when he begins taunting Ron in Hogsmeade?
4. Why was a finger the only thing found of Peter Pettigrew the night of his confrontation with Black?
5. Who is the Seeker of Ravenclaw?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)