|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry throw at Malfoy when he begins taunting Ron in Hogsmeade?
2. How are Lupin and Sirius tied up before being taken out of the Shack?
(a) They allow themselves to be tied.
(b) They are knocked unconscious.
(c) With cords that sprung from a wand.
(d) With an immobilization spell.
3. Who sent Harry his Firebolt broom?
(a) Sirius Black.
(c) Remus Lupin.
4. What does the map do when Snape tries to unlocks its secrets?
(a) Spills ink.
(b) Remains blank.
(c) Burns to ashes.
(d) Insults him.
5. What does the note from Hagrid during Harry's finals say?
(a) He is planning to sabotage Lucious Malfoy.
(b) He has found Ron's rat.
(c) Buckbeak will be executed.
(d) He is being fired.
6. What is Harry called by the man who ties up Lupin and Sirius in the Shack?
(a) A disgrace to his father's name.
(b) A poor excuse for a legend.
(c) An arrogant boy.
(d) A dirty mud blood.
7. What was James Potter able to transform himself into when he was a student at Hogwarts?
(a) A bear.
(b) A stag.
(c) A wolf.
(d) An Eagle.
8. Why was the Whomping Willow planted at Hogwarts?
(a) As an experiment in herbology.
(b) To create wands from the wood.
(c) To protect the school from Lupin.
(d) To hide the passageway to the Shrieking Shack.
9. Why do Ron and Hermione stop speaking to each other during the Christmas holiday?
(a) Hermione is angry at Ron for asking her to do his school work for him.
(b) Hermione is too busy with school work to speak with Ron.
(c) Ron is angry with Hermione for having Harry's broom taken away.
(d) Ron is angry with Hermione for letting her cat attack his rat.
10. What does Harry's Divination final exam consist of?
(a) Gazing into a crystal ball and making predictions.
(b) Using palm lines to tell the future,
(c) Writing an essay about everything that was learned.
(d) Reading tea leaves.
11. Who does Harry think saved him at the lake with the dementors?
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
12. Who does Dumbledore want Hermione and Harry to save by going back in time?
(a) Scabbers and Sirius.
(b) Buckbeak and Sirius.
(c) Lupin and Buckbeak.
(d) Buckbeak and Peter Pettigrew.
13. Who is trying to get Harry expelled when he comes to after passing out at the lake with all the dementors?
(b) Cornelius Fudge.
14. How did Snape find out that Lupin is a werewolf?
(a) He knew from the signs he saw.
(b) Lupin once told him back when they were friends.
(c) Sirius played a trick on him and he almost got bit.
(d) Lupin was branded while at Hogwarts as a student.
15. Who protects Sirius Black when Harry is about to kill him in the Shrieking Shack?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters Harry's room and slashes Ron's bed curtains to shreds?
2. What must Harry do in order to make the charm that Lupin is teaching him work?
3. What does Harry see outside the night before the Quidditch Cup finals?
4. What does Lupin tell Snape that the map really is?
5. Why was a finger the only thing found of Peter Pettigrew the night of his confrontation with Black?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)