|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the tunnel under the Whomping Willow lead?
(a) The Forbidden Forest.
(b) The Shrieking Shack.
(c) Hagrid's Shack.
(d) Hogsmead Village.
2. Who wishes Harry good luck just before he enters to field for the Quidditch Cup finals?
3. How do Ron, Harry, and Hermione hide while Buckbeak is being executed?
(a) Harry's invisibility cloak.
(b) They cram into Hagrid's closet.
(c) They sneak out the back door.
(d) They hide in a pile of hay.
4. What does Lupin tell Snape that the map really is?
(a) A joke parchment.
(b) An ink blotter.
(c) A magical map.
(d) A way to light cigars.
5. How did Snape find out that Lupin is a werewolf?
(a) He knew from the signs he saw.
(b) Lupin once told him back when they were friends.
(c) Lupin was branded while at Hogwarts as a student.
(d) Sirius played a trick on him and he almost got bit.
6. Why is Hagrid so happy when he talks to Harry, Hermione, and Ron on their last day before summer holiday?
(a) He was not fired.
(b) Buckbeak escaped.
(c) Dumbledore did not allow Buckbeak to be killed.
(d) He convinced Fudge to not kill Buckbeak.
7. Why is Harry receiving private lessons from Lupin after the Christmas holiday?
(a) He needs to be better protected against Voldemort.
(b) He wants to be able to combat the dementors.
(c) He is falling behind in his classes and needs extra help.
(d) He wants to be able to fight Sirius Black.
8. What does Ron find in his room that makes him furious with Hermione after Harry's second quidditch game?
(a) His unfinished homework.
(b) A returned gift.
(c) A nasty note from her.
(d) A bloody sheet.
9. Why does Harry decide to do with the man who was responsible for his parent's death?
(a) Kill him on the spot.
(b) Put him in Azkaban.
(c) Ask Dumbledore what to do.
(d) Take him to the dementors.
10. What does Lupin teach Harry in his private lesson after the Christmas holiday?
(a) The Illumination Charm.
(b) The Patronus Charm.
(c) The Introspective Charm.
(d) The Protective Shield Charm.
11. What does Harry's Divination final exam consist of?
(a) Gazing into a crystal ball and making predictions.
(b) Writing an essay about everything that was learned.
(c) Reading tea leaves.
(d) Using palm lines to tell the future,
12. Who was James Potter's secret keeper?
(a) Sirius Black.
(b) Peter Pettigrew.
(c) Albus Dumbledore.
(d) Remus Lupin.
13. What do Harry, Ron, and Hermione do when they hear Hagrid crying over Buckbeak's execution?
(a) They run to him to calm him.
(b) They run to tell Dumbledore the news.
(c) They head back to the castle.
(d) They help him bury Buckbeak.
14. What form does Harry's patronus take?
(a) A bear.
(b) A stag.
(c) A wolf.
(d) An eagle.
15. How many dementors does Harry see at the lake attacking Sirius Black?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the map do when Snape tries to unlocks its secrets?
2. What is the most haunted house in Britain called?
3. What happens to Trelawney as Harry is leaving after his Divination exam?
4. Who does Harry play against in the second quidditch game of the season?
5. Why was the Whomping Willow planted at Hogwarts?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)