|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Lupin and Sirius tied up before being taken out of the Shack?
(a) With an immobilization spell.
(b) With cords that sprung from a wand.
(c) They are knocked unconscious.
(d) They allow themselves to be tied.
2. Who protects Sirius Black when Harry is about to kill him in the Shrieking Shack?
3. What starts running towards Ron as he nears the castle after Buckbeak's execution?
(d) A big, black dog.
4. Where does the tunnel under the Whomping Willow lead?
(a) Hagrid's Shack.
(b) Hogsmead Village.
(c) The Shrieking Shack.
(d) The Forbidden Forest.
5. What does Lupin tell Snape that the map really is?
(a) A way to light cigars.
(b) An ink blotter.
(c) A joke parchment.
(d) A magical map.
6. Who enters Harry's room and slashes Ron's bed curtains to shreds?
(b) Sirius Black.
(c) Peter Pettigrew.
7. What was James Potter able to transform himself into when he was a student at Hogwarts?
(a) A stag.
(b) A bear.
(c) A wolf.
(d) An Eagle.
8. Who wishes Harry good luck just before he enters to field for the Quidditch Cup finals?
9. What is it called when the dementors suck the life out of their victims?
(a) A vacuum.
(b) A loss.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A void.
10. What does Harry see outside the night before the Quidditch Cup finals?
(a) A werewolf retreating into the forest.
(b) Crabbe and Goyle trying to harm his broom.
(c) Sirius Black slinking along the walls.
(d) Crookshanks walking with a big black dog.
11. Who is trying to get Harry expelled when he comes to after passing out at the lake with all the dementors?
(d) Cornelius Fudge.
12. How does James Potter's murderer escape from his chains as he is being dragged to Hogwarts?
(a) He turns into a werewolf and breaks his own chains.
(b) He uses a spell to undo his chains.
(c) He uses Lupin's wand to transform and run away.
(d) He convinces them all that he is innocent and they let him go.
13. What does the note from Hagrid during Harry's finals say?
(a) He is planning to sabotage Lucious Malfoy.
(b) He has found Ron's rat.
(c) He is being fired.
(d) Buckbeak will be executed.
14. What does Harry see before he passes out at the lake with the dementors?
(a) A bright, galloping figure.
(b) A green and hazy light.
(c) A small girl with a wand.
(d) Dumbledore running towards him.
15. How many times does Hermione turn her time-turner before she sends herself and Harry back in time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Harry receiving private lessons from Lupin after the Christmas holiday?
2. What does Lupin do when he sees Sirius Black in the Shrieking Shack with Harry?
3. Why did Sirius not tell Lupin about the change in the Potter's secret keeper?
4. How many dementors does Harry see at the lake attacking Sirius Black?
5. What does the map do when Snape tries to unlocks its secrets?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)