|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form does Harry's patronus take?
(a) A bear.
(b) A stag.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A wolf.
2. What does the Minister of Magic choose to do with Sirius Black after finding him unconscious at the lake?
(a) Release him.
(b) Sacrifice him to the Dementors.
(c) Send him back to prison.
(d) Execute him himself.
3. Who do Harry, Hermione, and Ron run into after their final exams?
(b) Lucious Malfoy.
(c) Cornelius Fudge.
(d) An Executioner.
4. What starts running towards Ron as he nears the castle after Buckbeak's execution?
(b) A big, black dog.
5. What does Hermione do when Malfoy starts mocking them about Buckbeak?
(a) Runs away crying.
(b) Puts a silencing spell on Malfoy.
(c) Laughs with Malfoy.
(d) Slaps Malfoy.
6. What stops the feud between Ron and Hermione?
(a) Buckbeak is sentenced to death.
(b) Ron finds his rat.
(c) Ron apologizes.
(d) Hermione apologizes.
7. Why was the Whomping Willow planted at Hogwarts?
(a) To create wands from the wood.
(b) As an experiment in herbology.
(c) To hide the passageway to the Shrieking Shack.
(d) To protect the school from Lupin.
8. What does Harry see outside the night before the Quidditch Cup finals?
(a) Crookshanks walking with a big black dog.
(b) Crabbe and Goyle trying to harm his broom.
(c) A werewolf retreating into the forest.
(d) Sirius Black slinking along the walls.
9. Why do Ron and Hermione stop speaking to each other during the Christmas holiday?
(a) Hermione is angry at Ron for asking her to do his school work for him.
(b) Ron is angry with Hermione for letting her cat attack his rat.
(c) Ron is angry with Hermione for having Harry's broom taken away.
(d) Hermione is too busy with school work to speak with Ron.
10. Who is Ron holding while Lupin tells his story the night of Buckbeak's execution?
11. What does Hermione do in Trelawney's class after her confrontation with Malfoy?
(a) Throws a crystal ball on the floor out of anger.
(b) Fails a test and cries.
(c) Calls Trelwaney a quack and walks out.
(d) Asks Trelawney for some private lessons.
12. What do Harry, Ron, and Hermione do when they hear Hagrid crying over Buckbeak's execution?
(a) They head back to the castle.
(b) They run to tell Dumbledore the news.
(c) They run to him to calm him.
(d) They help him bury Buckbeak.
13. Who defends Harry when Snape accuses him of helping Sirius escape?
(a) Madame Pomfrey.
(c) Cornelius Fudge.
14. How many dementors does Harry see at the lake attacking Sirius Black?
15. How do Harry and his group take the unconscious man from the Shack back to Hogwarts?
(a) They make a splint for him to ride.
(b) They don't; they leave him at the Shack.
(c) They put a floating spell on him.
(d) They drag him along.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters Harry's room and slashes Ron's bed curtains to shreds?
2. What does Ron accuse Hermione of after finding something in his room after the second quidditch game?
3. How many times does Hermione turn her time-turner before she sends herself and Harry back in time.
4. Who told Voldemort where the Potters were on the night that they were killed?
5. What appears on the field during the quidditch match between Gryffindor and Ravenclaw?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)