|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ron find in his room that makes him furious with Hermione after Harry's second quidditch game?
(a) A bloody sheet.
(b) His unfinished homework.
(c) A nasty note from her.
(d) A returned gift.
2. What is Harry called by the man who ties up Lupin and Sirius in the Shack?
(a) A dirty mud blood.
(b) A poor excuse for a legend.
(c) An arrogant boy.
(d) A disgrace to his father's name.
3. How many times does Hermione turn her time-turner before she sends herself and Harry back in time.
4. What did James and Sirius do to help Lupin during his transformations while they were at Hogwarts together?
(a) Kept his secret for them.
(b) Taught themselves to transform into animals.
(c) Held parties on full-moon nights to distract the students.
(d) Built the Shrieking Shack.
5. What does Ron accuse Hermione of after finding something in his room after the second quidditch game?
(a) Letting her cat eat his rat.
(b) Not accepting a token of his love and friendship.
(c) Insulting him in a deep and hurtful way.
(d) Not helping him like she promised.
6. What does Ron find in Hagrid's hut when he is there trying to comfort Hagrid?
(a) His old wand.
(b) His rat.
(c) His homework.
(d) His wallet.
7. What does Harry throw at Malfoy when he begins taunting Ron in Hogsmeade?
8. What does the Minister of Magic choose to do with Sirius Black after finding him unconscious at the lake?
(a) Send him back to prison.
(b) Release him.
(c) Execute him himself.
(d) Sacrifice him to the Dementors.
9. Who does Dumbledore want Hermione and Harry to save by going back in time?
(a) Scabbers and Sirius.
(b) Buckbeak and Sirius.
(c) Buckbeak and Peter Pettigrew.
(d) Lupin and Buckbeak.
10. What does Hermione do in Trelawney's class after her confrontation with Malfoy?
(a) Asks Trelawney for some private lessons.
(b) Fails a test and cries.
(c) Throws a crystal ball on the floor out of anger.
(d) Calls Trelwaney a quack and walks out.
11. How does James Potter's murderer escape from his chains as he is being dragged to Hogwarts?
(a) He turns into a werewolf and breaks his own chains.
(b) He convinces them all that he is innocent and they let him go.
(c) He uses a spell to undo his chains.
(d) He uses Lupin's wand to transform and run away.
12. Who protects Sirius Black when Harry is about to kill him in the Shrieking Shack?
13. How are Lupin and Sirius tied up before being taken out of the Shack?
(a) With an immobilization spell.
(b) They allow themselves to be tied.
(c) They are knocked unconscious.
(d) With cords that sprung from a wand.
14. Who wishes Harry good luck just before he enters to field for the Quidditch Cup finals?
15. Who walks into the room as Lupin finishes telling his story to Harry the night of Buckbeak's execution?
(a) Peter Pettigrew.
(d) James Potter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most haunted house in Britain called?
2. Who told Voldemort where the Potters were on the night that they were killed?
3. What starts running towards Ron as he nears the castle after Buckbeak's execution?
4. Where does the tunnel under the Whomping Willow lead?
5. What does Lupin tell Snape that the map really is?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)