|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent Harry his Firebolt broom?
(c) Sirius Black.
(d) Remus Lupin.
2. Why was the Whomping Willow planted at Hogwarts?
(a) To create wands from the wood.
(b) As an experiment in herbology.
(c) To protect the school from Lupin.
(d) To hide the passageway to the Shrieking Shack.
3. Why is Harry receiving private lessons from Lupin after the Christmas holiday?
(a) He is falling behind in his classes and needs extra help.
(b) He wants to be able to combat the dementors.
(c) He wants to be able to fight Sirius Black.
(d) He needs to be better protected against Voldemort.
4. What form does Harry's patronus take?
(a) A stag.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A bear.
5. What does Hermione do when Malfoy starts mocking them about Buckbeak?
(a) Runs away crying.
(b) Laughs with Malfoy.
(c) Puts a silencing spell on Malfoy.
(d) Slaps Malfoy.
6. What does the note from Hagrid during Harry's finals say?
(a) Buckbeak will be executed.
(b) He is being fired.
(c) He has found Ron's rat.
(d) He is planning to sabotage Lucious Malfoy.
7. What does Harry throw at Malfoy when he begins taunting Ron in Hogsmeade?
8. What is on the end of the necklace that Hermione uses to send herself and Harry back in time?
(a) A sun and moon.
(b) A clock.
(c) A sun dial.
(d) An hourglass.
9. How do Ron, Harry, and Hermione hide while Buckbeak is being executed?
(a) They hide in a pile of hay.
(b) They sneak out the back door.
(c) Harry's invisibility cloak.
(d) They cram into Hagrid's closet.
10. What does the Minister of Magic choose to do with Sirius Black after finding him unconscious at the lake?
(a) Send him back to prison.
(b) Release him.
(c) Execute him himself.
(d) Sacrifice him to the Dementors.
11. What causes Ron to be an instant celebrity at Hogwarts the day after the third quidditch game?
(a) He knows all the secret passageways in and out of Hogwarts.
(b) His bed curtains were slashed by Sirius Black.
(c) He saw someone try to attack Harry.
(d) He dropped a piece of paper with passwords on it that let Sirius Black enter.
12. What does Sirius tell Harry as they are returning to Hogwarts that makes Harry extremely happy?
(a) Sirius will be put to death when they return.
(b) Sirius is Harry's legal guardian.
(c) Sirius sent him the firebolt.
(d) Sirius is innocent.
13. Who fouls Harry during the Quidditch Cup finals?
14. What is the most haunted house in Britain called?
(a) The Creepy Cottage.
(b) The Shrieking Shack.
(c) The Goulish Gable.
(d) The Miserable Mansion.
15. What does Harry do when he sees the unwelcome visitors on the quidditch field during his game against Ravenclaw?
(a) Produces a Patronus Charm.
(b) Gets off his broom and approaches them.
(c) Signals to Lupin to help him escape.
(d) Turns around and flies away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ron find in Hagrid's hut when he is there trying to comfort Hagrid?
2. What did James and Sirius do to help Lupin during his transformations while they were at Hogwarts together?
3. What do Harry, Ron, and Hermione do when they hear Hagrid crying over Buckbeak's execution?
4. Who walks into the room as Lupin finishes telling his story to Harry the night of Buckbeak's execution?
5. What does the map do when Snape tries to unlocks its secrets?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)