|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermione name her new magical creature?
2. What does Harry fear will happen to him due to what happened to Vernon's sister?
(a) He will be stripped of his wand.
(b) Hermione will not be his friend.
(c) He will be expelled from Hogwarts.
(d) He will be banned from Hogsmeade.
3. What is Neville's worst fear?
4. What do the students learn about in Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
5. Why is Lupin not teaching his own class the day after Halloween?
(a) He is being trained for a different position.
(b) He has been fired.
(c) He is too ill.
(d) He is on a trip.
6. What is Harry's favorite part about the time he spends alone before heading back to Hogwarts?
(a) He can fly on his broom as much as he pleases.
(b) He is free to do as he pleases.
(c) He can use his magic with no restrictions.
(d) He can get some homework done.
7. What was the hooded figure in black that entered the train compartment?
(a) The Grim.
(b) A dementor.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A joke by the Weasley twins.
8. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley?
(a) A large orange cat.
(b) A black toad.
(c) A beautiful snowy owl.
(d) A red rat.
9. What is Ron's worst fear?
10. What is the name of the Wizard newspaper that Harry sees the conductor of the bus reading?
(a) The Daily News of Wizards.
(b) The Daily Witch's Brew.
(c) The Daily Prophet.
(d) The Daily Wizard.
11. What does Hermione keep doing that is confusing Ron at the beginning of the school year?
(a) Going days without food.
(b) Appearing out of nowhere.
(c) Writing homework for classes that she isn't taking.
(d) Talking about classes that he has never heard about.
12. What do Ron and Hermione give Harry on Halloween?
(a) Good advice.
(b) A message from Hedwig.
(c) A secret map of Hogwarts.
(d) Loads of sweets.
13. What does Dumbledore have the students do after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room on Halloween?
(a) Go calmly to bed.
(b) Sleep in the Great Hall.
(c) Allow him to place safety spells on them for the night.
(d) Undergo interrogation, one at a time.
14. What do the Weasley twins give Harry as an early Christmas present?
(a) A book about Quidditch.
(b) A bunch of candy.
(c) The Marauder's Map.
(d) A new broom.
15. What does Harry hear when he sees the hooded figure in black enter his train compartment?
(a) Nothing but utter silence.
(b) His heartbeat.
(c) A shrill, screaming sound.
(d) The deep and halting breathing of the figure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bus that picks Harry up off the street called?
2. What does Harry find out during the first class of his second day at school?
3. How does Snape think that Sirius Black could possibly enter Hogwarts?
4. Why does McGonegall tell the students to not take their Divination lessons too seriously on their first day of their year?
5. What position at Hogwarts has opened up once again and needs a replacement before the school year starts?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)