|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term for people who have the ability to transform themselves into animals?
2. Who does Harry overhear talking in the middle of the night after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room?
(a) Dumbledore and Peeves.
(b) Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew,
(c) Hagrid and McGonegall.
(d) Snape and Dumbledore.
3. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley?
(a) A black toad.
(b) A large orange cat.
(c) A red rat.
(d) A beautiful snowy owl.
4. What does Harry overhear Mr. Weasley telling his wife while at the Leaky Cauldron?
(a) He has had a dream about Harry being killed by a black dog.
(b) Three more prisoners have escaped from prison.
(c) Black is targeting Harry.
(d) The dementors will be at Hogwarts on guard this year.
5. What is Ron's rat named?
6. How old does a student have to be before being allowed to visit Hogsmeade Village?
(a) 4th Year Student.
(b) 2nd Year Student.
(c) All students are allowed, provided their grades are good.
(d) 3rd Year Student.
7. What position at Hogwarts has opened up once again and needs a replacement before the school year starts?
(a) The Potions master.
(b) The ghost wrangler.
(c) The Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.
(d) The groundskeeper.
8. What is Harry not allowed to do at home during the summer holiday?
(a) Write letters.
(b) Practice magic.
(c) Leave his room.
(d) Talk above a whisper.
9. How does Vernon's sister think Harry's parents died?
(a) From being poisoned.
(b) In an attack by Voldemort.
(c) From a horrible sickness.
(d) In a drunken car crash.
10. What does Harry fear will happen to him due to what happened to Vernon's sister?
(a) He will be banned from Hogsmeade.
(b) He will be expelled from Hogwarts.
(c) He will be stripped of his wand.
(d) Hermione will not be his friend.
11. What does Harry, Ron and Hermione find when they return to their common room after the Halloween Feast?
(a) The tapestry by the mantle has caught fire.
(b) The door to the room has been forced open and everything is a mess.
(c) There is a threatening message written on the wall.
(d) The fat lady is missing from her picture.
12. Who joins Harry for the last day of the summer holiday?
(a) Ron and Hermione.
(b) Draco Malfoy.
13. What is Harry taunted about during his first morning at Hogwarts?
(a) Ginny's crush on him.
(b) His run-in with Snape.
(c) His episode with the dementors.
(d) His behavior at the welcome feast.
14. How does Harry plan to fly to London unseen?
(a) He will travel at night.
(b) A magic spell.
(c) His invisibility cloak.
(d) He will fly above the cloud line.
15. What is so perplexing to Harry about Mr. Weasley's warning to him before he boards Hogwarts Express?
(a) He does not know why Black would want to hurt him.
(b) He can't imagine why he should give up Quidditch.
(c) He always tries to do what Dumbledore tells him to.
(d) He has never wanted to go to Hogsmeade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who told Dumbledore about who had done what was found at the common room after the Halloween Feast?
2. Who is said to have done what was found at the common room after the Halloween Feast?
3. What odd event takes place as Ron, Harry, and Hermione are discussing Mr. Weasley's warning while heading to Hogwarts?
4. Who takes Harry's mysterious Christmas gift away from him?
5. What do Ron and Hermione give Harry on Halloween?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)