|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harry overhear talking in the middle of the night after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room?
(a) Hagrid and McGonegall.
(b) Dumbledore and Peeves.
(c) Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew,
(d) Snape and Dumbledore.
2. What is Ron's worst fear?
3. Why does Harry never receive any phone calls during the summer holiday?
(a) His friends do not have phones.
(b) There is no phone in the house.
(c) He is not allowed any phone calls.
(d) He has no friends to call him.
4. What does Vernon's sister say Harry should feel towards his uncle?
5. What does Harry fear will happen to him due to what happened to Vernon's sister?
(a) He will be banned from Hogsmeade.
(b) He will be stripped of his wand.
(c) Hermione will not be his friend.
(d) He will be expelled from Hogwarts.
6. Why is Harry not as excited about Halloween as the rest of his classmates?
(a) He is sick and does not want to eat anything at the feast.
(b) He dislikes Headless Nick and avoids him at all costs.
(c) He is nervous about Sirius Black.
(d) He is not allowed to go to Hogsmeade.
7. Who told Dumbledore about who had done what was found at the common room after the Halloween Feast?
(b) Draco Malfoy.
(d) The Fat Lady.
8. What does the fourth person in the train car tell Harry to do when they suddenly wake up?
(a) To give him some food.
(b) To remain calm.
(c) To be quiet.
(d) To never doubt those who love him.
9. What mysterious gift does Harry get on Christmas morning?
(a) A new cage for Hedwig.
(b) New quidditch robes.
(c) A firebolt broom.
(d) A case of magical ink.
10. How many classes a day does Hermione have on her schedule for the third year?
11. Why does McGonegall tell the students to not take their Divination lessons too seriously on their first day of their year?
(a) She feels that their attention should be placed elsewhere.
(b) Divination is not on any OWL tests.
(c) It is too hard for young children learn.
(d) She thinks it is the most imprecise form of magic.
12. What is the Dursleys' address?
(a) Number 8 Pivot Ave.
(b) Number 2 Pandle Court.
(c) Number Four Privet Drive.
(d) Number 6 Parrot Way.
13. Where is Harry's money kept?
(a) The Weasleys' house.
(b) Hagrid's hut.
(c) Gringott's Bank.
(d) His room at Hogwarts.
14. How does Harry do his homework during the summer holiday?
(a) By wand light at night.
(b) He copies it from Hermione.
(c) He has no homework over the summer.
(d) He memorizes his lessons to write down later.
15. What house is Snape in charge of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is made the new Professor of Magical Creatures?
2. What is Harry not allowed to do at home during the summer holiday?
3. What was the hooded figure in black that entered the train compartment?
4. Where does Mr. Weasley work?
5. What position at Hogwarts has opened up once again and needs a replacement before the school year starts?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)