|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lupin say he needs a potion on Halloween when he is talking to Harry?
(a) He was bit by one of the creatures for class.
(b) He is celebrating something special.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He was curious about a new brew.
2. How does Vernon's sister think Harry's parents died?
(a) In a drunken car crash.
(b) From a horrible sickness.
(c) In an attack by Voldemort.
(d) From being poisoned.
3. What does Harry do after walking a few blocks away from the Dursley's house?
(a) He cries.
(b) He calls for Hedwig.
(c) He yells in anger.
(d) He collapses.
4. What was the hooded figure in black that entered the train compartment?
(a) A dementor.
(b) A joke by the Weasley twins.
(c) The Grim.
(d) A ghost.
5. What does Harry receive over the summer holiday that brings him great joy?
(a) Birthday cards and presents.
(b) A picture of his girlfriend.
(c) Letters from Hogwarts.
(d) News that he will be able to move.
6. Where does Harry choose to spend the day after hearing some shocking news in Hogsmeade?
(a) Hagrid's hut.
(b) Dumbledore's study.
(c) His dorm room.
(d) The Weasley's house.
7. What is the term for non-magical people?
8. What is Harry not allowed to do at home during the summer holiday?
(a) Practice magic.
(b) Talk above a whisper.
(c) Leave his room.
(d) Write letters.
9. What does Harry overhear Mr. Weasley telling his wife while at the Leaky Cauldron?
(a) The dementors will be at Hogwarts on guard this year.
(b) He has had a dream about Harry being killed by a black dog.
(c) Three more prisoners have escaped from prison.
(d) Black is targeting Harry.
10. Who does Harry live with when he is not at Hogwarts?
(a) His parents.
(b) His godfather.
(c) Professor Dumbledore.
(d) His aunt and uncle.
11. Who takes Harry's mysterious Christmas gift away from him?
12. Who is made the new Professor of Magical Creatures?
13. Why is Harry not as excited about Halloween as the rest of his classmates?
(a) He is nervous about Sirius Black.
(b) He is not allowed to go to Hogsmeade.
(c) He is sick and does not want to eat anything at the feast.
(d) He dislikes Headless Nick and avoids him at all costs.
14. How old does Harry Potter turn at the beginning of the book?
15. How many classes a day does Hermione have on her schedule for the third year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry's early Christmas gift from the Weasley twins allow Harry to do?
2. How many levels does the bus have that picks Harry up off the street?
3. What does Harry keep dreaming about after overhearing the secret conversation between the Weasleys?
4. What do Ron and Hermione order at the Three Broomsticks pub on their second trip to Hogsmeade?
5. Who does Hermione say has approved her for taking extra classes for her third year?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)