|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hermione carrying around at the beginning of the school year due to her large class load?
(a) A time turner.
(c) A large stack of books.
(d) A magic carpet bag to fit all of her supplies.
2. What does McGonegall tell Harry's class that Professor Trelawney does every year with her new third year students?
(a) Turns herself into a cat.
(b) Has a fake premonition.
(c) Predicts that someone will die.
(d) Makes the students divine tea leaves.
3. Where does Harry choose to spend the day after hearing some shocking news in Hogsmeade?
(a) Hagrid's hut.
(b) Dumbledore's study.
(c) The Weasley's house.
(d) His dorm room.
4. Who is teaching Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
5. What do Ron and Hermione order at the Three Broomsticks pub on their second trip to Hogsmeade?
(b) Brandy Water.
(c) Sparkling Cider.
6. What is Neville's worst fear?
7. How does Snape think that Sirius Black could possibly enter Hogwarts?
(a) By paying off the dementors.
(b) Through secret passages that only Black knows about.
(c) By changing into a dog.
(d) With inside help.
8. Why does Harry never receive any phone calls during the summer holiday?
(a) He is not allowed any phone calls.
(b) There is no phone in the house.
(c) He has no friends to call him.
(d) His friends do not have phones.
9. What does Harry do when the train compartment is entered by the hooded figure in black?
(a) He tries to protect Hermione.
(b) He screams.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He charges against it.
10. How does Harry do his homework during the summer holiday?
(a) He has no homework over the summer.
(b) He memorizes his lessons to write down later.
(c) He copies it from Hermione.
(d) By wand light at night.
11. What is the name of the Wizard jail?
12. What does Harry say about what happened to Marge in the dining room?
(a) She did it to herself.
(b) She got what she deserved.
(c) She could have prevented it.
(d) She seems no worse for the wear.
13. What mysterious gift does Harry get on Christmas morning?
(a) New quidditch robes.
(b) A firebolt broom.
(c) A case of magical ink.
(d) A new cage for Hedwig.
14. When does Vernon's sister arrive?
(a) The day that Harry comes home from school.
(b) The day before Harry returns to school.
(c) On Dudley's birthday.
(d) On Harry's birthday.
15. Where is Harry's money kept?
(a) Hagrid's hut.
(b) The Weasleys' house.
(c) His room at Hogwarts.
(d) Gringott's Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry find out during the first class of his second day at school?
2. What does Harry's early Christmas gift from the Weasley twins allow Harry to do?
3. What does Hermione name her new magical creature?
4. Who is said to have done what was found at the common room after the Halloween Feast?
5. At the beginning of the book, how long does Harry have before the start of the next Hogwarts term?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)