|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry's early Christmas gift from the Weasley twins allow Harry to do?
(a) Take a secret passageway into Hogsmeade.
(b) Study new ways to avoid the bludgers on the Quidditch field.
(c) Get a tummy ache from eating too many sweets.
(d) Practice his moves during the holiday break.
2. How does Vernon's sister think Harry's parents died?
(a) From being poisoned.
(b) In an attack by Voldemort.
(c) In a drunken car crash.
(d) From a horrible sickness.
3. What is the name of the Wizard jail?
4. What do the students learn about in Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
5. How many levels does the bus have that picks Harry up off the street?
6. What do the Weasley twins give Harry as an early Christmas present?
(a) The Marauder's Map.
(b) A new broom.
(c) A book about Quidditch.
(d) A bunch of candy.
7. What happens to Vernon's sister as she is berating Harry's parents?
(a) She turns purple.
(b) She vomits on the table.
(c) She passes out from drunkeness.
(d) She begins to float around like a balloon.
8. Where does Harry choose to spend the day after hearing some shocking news in Hogsmeade?
(a) Dumbledore's study.
(b) His dorm room.
(c) The Weasley's house.
(d) Hagrid's hut.
9. What does McGonegall tell Harry's class that Professor Trelawney does every year with her new third year students?
(a) Turns herself into a cat.
(b) Makes the students divine tea leaves.
(c) Has a fake premonition.
(d) Predicts that someone will die.
10. Why is Harry forced to live where he does over the summer holidays.
(a) Dumbledore believes it is the safest place for him.
(b) It is what his parents wanted for him.
(c) He is forced by law to stay there.
(d) He feels that he cannot ask to go somewhere else without causing offense.
11. Who taunts Harry during his first morning at Hogwarts?
12. What is Ron's worst fear?
13. What does Harry, Ron and Hermione find when they return to their common room after the Halloween Feast?
(a) The tapestry by the mantle has caught fire.
(b) The door to the room has been forced open and everything is a mess.
(c) The fat lady is missing from her picture.
(d) There is a threatening message written on the wall.
14. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley?
(a) A large orange cat.
(b) A red rat.
(c) A beautiful snowy owl.
(d) A black toad.
15. Who does Hermione say has approved her for taking extra classes for her third year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hermione keep doing that is confusing Ron at the beginning of the school year?
2. Who takes Harry's mysterious Christmas gift away from him?
3. What position at Hogwarts has opened up once again and needs a replacement before the school year starts?
4. What is Harry's worst fear?
5. Who was Harry's father's best friend when they were young?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)