|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ron and Hermione give Harry on Halloween?
(a) Good advice.
(b) Loads of sweets.
(c) A message from Hedwig.
(d) A secret map of Hogwarts.
2. What happens when Malfoy insults Buckbeak?
(a) Buckbeack flies away.
(b) Buckbeak shrieks in horror.
(c) Buckbeak faints and plays dead.
(d) Buckbeak slashes him with his talons.
3. How old does Harry Potter turn at the beginning of the book?
4. What does the fourth person in the train car tell Harry to do when they suddenly wake up?
(a) To remain calm.
(b) To never doubt those who love him.
(c) To give him some food.
(d) To be quiet.
5. What happens to Vernon's sister as she is berating Harry's parents?
(a) She passes out from drunkeness.
(b) She turns purple.
(c) She begins to float around like a balloon.
(d) She vomits on the table.
6. What does Harry need his guardians to sign before he leaves for Hogwarts?
(a) A note allowing him to take extra classes.
(b) A permission slip to go to Hogsmeade Village.
(c) A release form so he can play Quidditch.
(d) His report card.
7. How does Harry plan to fly to London unseen?
(a) His invisibility cloak.
(b) A magic spell.
(c) He will fly above the cloud line.
(d) He will travel at night.
8. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during the beginning of the school year?
(a) Hermione called Ron a stupid git.
(b) Hermione won't help Ron with his school work.
(c) Ron told Hermione she was too smart to be pretty.
(d) Crookshanks keeps chasing Scabbers.
9. Who was Harry's father's best friend when they were young?
(a) Peter Pettigrew.
(b) Sirius Black.
10. Who is made the new Professor of Magical Creatures?
11. What does Hermione keep doing that is confusing Ron at the beginning of the school year?
(a) Going days without food.
(b) Writing homework for classes that she isn't taking.
(c) Talking about classes that he has never heard about.
(d) Appearing out of nowhere.
12. What is so ironic about Vernon's sister calling Harry's father a drunk?
(a) James Potter never touched alcohol in his life.
(b) She knew she was lying.
(c) She was practically describing herself.
(d) She was drunk when she said it.
13. What is the one complaint that Malfoy has against Lupin at the beginning of the school year?
(a) He assigns too much homework.
(b) His robes are shabby.
(c) He is not teaching useful knowledge.
(d) His class moves too fast.
14. Where does Mr. Weasley work?
(b) The Ministry of Magic.
(c) Diagon Alley.
15. What position at Hogwarts has opened up once again and needs a replacement before the school year starts?
(a) The Potions master.
(b) The ghost wrangler.
(c) The groundskeeper.
(d) The Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Harry's money kept?
2. Who is said to have done what was found at the common room after the Halloween Feast?
3. What is Neville's worst fear?
4. What does Vernon's sister say Harry should feel towards his uncle?
5. What is so surprising about Black's escape from prison?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)