|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is so surprising about Black's escape from prison?
(a) Nobody else has ever escaped.
(b) He told a guard he was leaving to avenge his master's death.
(c) He left the dark mark of Voldemort all along the walls when he left.
(d) He killed many people as he escaped.
2. What does Hermione keep doing that is confusing Ron at the beginning of the school year?
(a) Appearing out of nowhere.
(b) Going days without food.
(c) Talking about classes that he has never heard about.
(d) Writing homework for classes that she isn't taking.
3. What is Harry's first class for his third year at Hogwarts?
4. What does Harry hear when he sees the hooded figure in black enter his train compartment?
(a) A shrill, screaming sound.
(b) Nothing but utter silence.
(c) The deep and halting breathing of the figure.
(d) His heartbeat.
5. What is Harry's first class on his second day at Hogwarts?
(c) Defense Against the Dark Arts.
6. Who does Harry overhear talking in the middle of the night after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room?
(a) Snape and Dumbledore.
(b) Hagrid and McGonegall.
(c) Dumbledore and Peeves.
(d) Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew,
7. Where does Trelawney tell Harry that Grims traditionally walk about?
(a) Diagon Alley.
8. Who is made the new Professor of Magical Creatures?
9. What does Hermione name her new magical creature?
10. What is Neville's worst fear?
11. How old does Harry Potter turn at the beginning of the book?
12. What is Harry's favorite part about the time he spends alone before heading back to Hogwarts?
(a) He can fly on his broom as much as he pleases.
(b) He is free to do as he pleases.
(c) He can get some homework done.
(d) He can use his magic with no restrictions.
13. Why does Lupin say he needs a potion on Halloween when he is talking to Harry?
(a) He was curious about a new brew.
(b) He was bit by one of the creatures for class.
(c) He is celebrating something special.
(d) He is not feeling well.
14. Why does Harry try so hard to be nice to Vernon's sister when she is being so horrible to him?
(a) He needs Vernon to sign a permission slip.
(b) He knows she will punish him if he is not.
(c) He does not want to upset his aunt.
(d) He thinks that what she is saying might be true.
15. Why is Lupin not teaching his own class the day after Halloween?
(a) He has been fired.
(b) He is too ill.
(c) He is being trained for a different position.
(d) He is on a trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the candy shop in Hogsmeade called?
2. How does Harry plan to fly to London unseen?
3. What does the fourth person in the train car tell Harry to do when they suddenly wake up?
4. Who was Harry's father's best friend when they were young?
5. How does Snape think that Sirius Black could possibly enter Hogwarts?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)