|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harry's first class for his third year at Hogwarts?
2. What does Harry need his guardians to sign before he leaves for Hogwarts?
(a) A note allowing him to take extra classes.
(b) His report card.
(c) A permission slip to go to Hogsmeade Village.
(d) A release form so he can play Quidditch.
3. Why does McGonegall tell the students to not take their Divination lessons too seriously on their first day of their year?
(a) She thinks it is the most imprecise form of magic.
(b) Divination is not on any OWL tests.
(c) She feels that their attention should be placed elsewhere.
(d) It is too hard for young children learn.
4. How does Snape think that Sirius Black could possibly enter Hogwarts?
(a) By changing into a dog.
(b) By paying off the dementors.
(c) With inside help.
(d) Through secret passages that only Black knows about.
5. Which of his professors does Harry find boring and odd after his first week of classes?
6. What is so exciting about Halloween for the third years at Hogwarts?
(a) The end of the term has come and they have no homework.
(b) They get to enjoy the big Halloween Feast.
(c) Headless Nick the ghost has his deathday party.
(d) They get to go to Hogsmeade Village.
7. What animal does Hagrid introduce in his first lesson of the year?
8. Where is Harry's money kept?
(a) Hagrid's hut.
(b) Gringott's Bank.
(c) The Weasleys' house.
(d) His room at Hogwarts.
9. What is the spell that the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher teaches that causes embarrassment?
10. What happens when Malfoy insults Buckbeak?
(a) Buckbeak faints and plays dead.
(b) Buckbeack flies away.
(c) Buckbeak shrieks in horror.
(d) Buckbeak slashes him with his talons.
11. What is so ironic about Vernon's sister calling Harry's father a drunk?
(a) She was drunk when she said it.
(b) She knew she was lying.
(c) She was practically describing herself.
(d) James Potter never touched alcohol in his life.
12. What does Harry do when the train compartment is entered by the hooded figure in black?
(a) He tries to protect Hermione.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He screams.
(d) He charges against it.
13. Where does Mr. Weasley work?
(a) The Ministry of Magic.
(b) Diagon Alley.
14. What does the fourth person in the train car tell Harry to do when they suddenly wake up?
(a) To never doubt those who love him.
(b) To remain calm.
(c) To be quiet.
(d) To give him some food.
15. Where did Ron ger his magical creature?
(a) He found it at Hogwarts.
(b) It was given to him by Hagrid.
(c) It was handed down to him by his brothers.
(d) He bought it at Diagon Alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the hooded figure in black that entered the train compartment?
2. What is the one complaint that Malfoy has against Lupin at the beginning of the school year?
3. What is a Boggart?
4. What is the term for non-magical people?
5. What mysterious gift does Harry get on Christmas morning?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)