|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harry's first class for his third year at Hogwarts?
2. What is Harry's favorite part about the time he spends alone before heading back to Hogwarts?
(a) He can fly on his broom as much as he pleases.
(b) He can use his magic with no restrictions.
(c) He can get some homework done.
(d) He is free to do as he pleases.
3. Who does Vernon's sister treat better than she treats Harry?
(a) The mailman.
(b) Her dog.
(c) The messenger boy.
(d) Vernon's hired help.
4. What is Ron's rat named?
5. What is Neville's worst fear?
6. What is the term for non-magical people?
7. Where did Ron ger his magical creature?
(a) It was handed down to him by his brothers.
(b) He found it at Hogwarts.
(c) He bought it at Diagon Alley.
(d) It was given to him by Hagrid.
8. What does the fourth person in the train car tell Harry to do when they suddenly wake up?
(a) To give him some food.
(b) To remain calm.
(c) To never doubt those who love him.
(d) To be quiet.
9. Who is said to have done what was found at the common room after the Halloween Feast?
(a) Sirius Black.
(b) Draco Malfoy.
(c) Harry Potter.
10. Why does Lupin say he needs a potion on Halloween when he is talking to Harry?
(a) He was curious about a new brew.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) He is celebrating something special.
(d) He was bit by one of the creatures for class.
11. What is so ironic about Vernon's sister calling Harry's father a drunk?
(a) She was drunk when she said it.
(b) She knew she was lying.
(c) She was practically describing herself.
(d) James Potter never touched alcohol in his life.
12. What is the term for people who have the ability to transform themselves into animals?
13. What does Lupin tell Harry that the dementors feed off of when Harry is released from the hospital?
(b) Courage and strength.
(c) Fear and pain.
14. Who does Harry read about in the newspaper while riding the bus to London?
(a) Sirius Black.
(b) Albus Dumbledore.
(c) Peter Pettigrew.
(d) Moony Lupin.
15. What is Harry's worst fear?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Trelawney tell Harry that Grims traditionally walk about?
2. What does Harry receive over the summer holiday that brings him great joy?
3. What does Harry find out during the first class of his second day at school?
4. What was the hooded figure in black that entered the train compartment?
5. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)