|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Harry Potter turn at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Harry's early Christmas gift from the Weasley twins allow Harry to do?
(a) Take a secret passageway into Hogsmeade.
(b) Get a tummy ache from eating too many sweets.
(c) Study new ways to avoid the bludgers on the Quidditch field.
(d) Practice his moves during the holiday break.
3. How many classes a day does Hermione have on her schedule for the third year?
4. How old does a student have to be before being allowed to visit Hogsmeade Village?
(a) 2nd Year Student.
(b) All students are allowed, provided their grades are good.
(c) 3rd Year Student.
(d) 4th Year Student.
5. Why does Harry never receive any phone calls during the summer holiday?
(a) There is no phone in the house.
(b) He has no friends to call him.
(c) He is not allowed any phone calls.
(d) His friends do not have phones.
6. How does Snape think that Sirius Black could possibly enter Hogwarts?
(a) With inside help.
(b) By changing into a dog.
(c) Through secret passages that only Black knows about.
(d) By paying off the dementors.
7. Who is teaching Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
8. What is the candy shop in Hogsmeade called?
(b) Hogsmeade Sweets.
(c) Sweet and Sours.
(d) Molasses Mayhem.
9. What does Harry do when the train compartment is entered by the hooded figure in black?
(a) He charges against it.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He tries to protect Hermione.
(d) He screams.
10. Where is Harry's money kept?
(a) The Weasleys' house.
(b) Hagrid's hut.
(c) Gringott's Bank.
(d) His room at Hogwarts.
11. Where does Harry spend his Christmas holiday?
(a) At Ron's house.
(b) At Hogwarts.
(c) At Hermione's house.
(d) In Hagrid's hut.
12. What is Harry's owl named?
13. What does Harry find out during the first class of his second day at school?
(a) Snape dislikes him even more than he did the year before.
(b) Sirius Black has been spotted close to the school.
(c) Snape was denied the Defense Against the Dark Arts position.
(d) Malfoy really is sick.
14. What happens to Vernon's sister as she is berating Harry's parents?
(a) She passes out from drunkeness.
(b) She turns purple.
(c) She vomits on the table.
(d) She begins to float around like a balloon.
15. What is Harry's first class for his third year at Hogwarts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the fourth person in the train car tell Harry to do when they suddenly wake up?
2. Why is Harry not as excited about Halloween as the rest of his classmates?
3. What is the one complaint that Malfoy has against Lupin at the beginning of the school year?
4. How many levels does the bus have that picks Harry up off the street?
5. How does Harry plan to fly to London unseen?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)