|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Harry Potter turn at the beginning of the book?
2. Why does Harry end up in the hospital after his first Quidditch match of the season?
(a) He is hit by a spell from the other team's seeker.
(b) He runs into the whomping willow and his broom is smashed into smithereens.
(c) He faints when a Dementor comes near and falls off his broom.
(d) He is hit in the head by a bludger.
3. What is the Dursleys' address?
(a) Number Four Privet Drive.
(b) Number 8 Pivot Ave.
(c) Number 2 Pandle Court.
(d) Number 6 Parrot Way.
4. How old does a student have to be before being allowed to visit Hogsmeade Village?
(a) 2nd Year Student.
(b) 4th Year Student.
(c) 3rd Year Student.
(d) All students are allowed, provided their grades are good.
5. How does Harry plan to fly to London unseen?
(a) He will travel at night.
(b) His invisibility cloak.
(c) A magic spell.
(d) He will fly above the cloud line.
6. What is the term for non-magical people?
7. Why does Lupin say he needs a potion on Halloween when he is talking to Harry?
(a) He was curious about a new brew.
(b) He is celebrating something special.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He was bit by one of the creatures for class.
8. What does Harry do after the excitement in the dining room with Vernon's sister?
(a) He packs his things and gets ready to leave.
(b) He apologizes profusely.
(c) He uses magic to make her well.
(d) He kicks her dog.
9. What is Ron's worst fear?
10. What do the students learn about in Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
11. What do Ron and Hermione order at the Three Broomsticks pub on their second trip to Hogsmeade?
(a) Brandy Water.
(b) Sparkling Cider.
12. Where did Ron ger his magical creature?
(a) He bought it at Diagon Alley.
(b) It was handed down to him by his brothers.
(c) He found it at Hogwarts.
(d) It was given to him by Hagrid.
13. What does Vernon's sister say Harry should feel towards his uncle?
14. What does Harry receive over the summer holiday that brings him great joy?
(a) News that he will be able to move.
(b) Letters from Hogwarts.
(c) Birthday cards and presents.
(d) A picture of his girlfriend.
15. When does Vernon's sister arrive?
(a) On Dudley's birthday.
(b) On Harry's birthday.
(c) The day that Harry comes home from school.
(d) The day before Harry returns to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is odd about Ron's rat during the beginning of the school year?
2. Why does Harry never receive any phone calls during the summer holiday?
3. Who was Harry's father's best friend when they were young?
4. What is Harry not allowed to do at home during the summer holiday?
5. What is the candy shop in Hogsmeade called?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)