|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harry's first class for his third year at Hogwarts?
2. How does Snape think that Sirius Black could possibly enter Hogwarts?
(a) With inside help.
(b) By paying off the dementors.
(c) By changing into a dog.
(d) Through secret passages that only Black knows about.
3. What does Harry do after walking a few blocks away from the Dursley's house?
(a) He collapses.
(b) He cries.
(c) He calls for Hedwig.
(d) He yells in anger.
4. What is the term for non-magical people?
5. What is the candy shop in Hogsmeade called?
(a) Molasses Mayhem.
(c) Sweet and Sours.
(d) Hogsmeade Sweets.
6. What does Harry find out during the first class of his second day at school?
(a) Malfoy really is sick.
(b) Snape dislikes him even more than he did the year before.
(c) Snape was denied the Defense Against the Dark Arts position.
(d) Sirius Black has been spotted close to the school.
7. Where did Ron ger his magical creature?
(a) It was given to him by Hagrid.
(b) It was handed down to him by his brothers.
(c) He found it at Hogwarts.
(d) He bought it at Diagon Alley.
8. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley?
(a) A red rat.
(b) A large orange cat.
(c) A beautiful snowy owl.
(d) A black toad.
9. What is Ron's rat named?
10. What is the Dursleys' address?
(a) Number 2 Pandle Court.
(b) Number Four Privet Drive.
(c) Number 8 Pivot Ave.
(d) Number 6 Parrot Way.
11. What is the bus that picks Harry up off the street called?
(a) The Night Rider.
(b) The Knight Bus.
(c) The Nite Bus.
(d) The Night Bus.
12. What does Harry hear when he sees the hooded figure in black enter his train compartment?
(a) A shrill, screaming sound.
(b) The deep and halting breathing of the figure.
(c) His heartbeat.
(d) Nothing but utter silence.
13. What is Harry taunted about during his first morning at Hogwarts?
(a) His behavior at the welcome feast.
(b) His episode with the dementors.
(c) His run-in with Snape.
(d) Ginny's crush on him.
14. Who does Harry live with when he is not at Hogwarts?
(a) His parents.
(b) His godfather.
(c) His aunt and uncle.
(d) Professor Dumbledore.
15. What does Harry need his guardians to sign before he leaves for Hogwarts?
(a) A permission slip to go to Hogsmeade Village.
(b) A release form so he can play Quidditch.
(c) A note allowing him to take extra classes.
(d) His report card.
Short Answer Questions
1. What house is Snape in charge of?
2. What is so surprising about Black's escape from prison?
3. Who does Harry see when he gets off the bus at the Leaky Cauldron?
4. What is the name of the conductor of the bus that picks Harry up off the street?
5. What does Lupin tell Harry that the dementors feed off of when Harry is released from the hospital?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)