|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Vernon's sister think Harry's parents died?
(a) In an attack by Voldemort.
(b) From a horrible sickness.
(c) In a drunken car crash.
(d) From being poisoned.
2. Where does Harry choose to spend the day after hearing some shocking news in Hogsmeade?
(a) Hagrid's hut.
(b) The Weasley's house.
(c) Dumbledore's study.
(d) His dorm room.
3. Why does Harry end up in the hospital after his first Quidditch match of the season?
(a) He runs into the whomping willow and his broom is smashed into smithereens.
(b) He is hit in the head by a bludger.
(c) He faints when a Dementor comes near and falls off his broom.
(d) He is hit by a spell from the other team's seeker.
4. Who gives Lupin a potion while he is talking with Harry on Halloween?
5. How does Harry plan to fly to London unseen?
(a) His invisibility cloak.
(b) A magic spell.
(c) He will travel at night.
(d) He will fly above the cloud line.
6. What does Harry fear will happen to him due to what happened to Vernon's sister?
(a) He will be expelled from Hogwarts.
(b) Hermione will not be his friend.
(c) He will be banned from Hogsmeade.
(d) He will be stripped of his wand.
7. Who does Harry live with when he is not at Hogwarts?
(a) Professor Dumbledore.
(b) His godfather.
(c) His parents.
(d) His aunt and uncle.
8. How does Snape think that Sirius Black could possibly enter Hogwarts?
(a) By paying off the dementors.
(b) Through secret passages that only Black knows about.
(c) With inside help.
(d) By changing into a dog.
9. How many classes a day does Hermione have on her schedule for the third year?
10. What does Hermione keep doing that is confusing Ron at the beginning of the school year?
(a) Going days without food.
(b) Appearing out of nowhere.
(c) Talking about classes that he has never heard about.
(d) Writing homework for classes that she isn't taking.
11. Who does Harry overhear talking in the middle of the night after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room?
(a) Sirius Black and Peter Pettigrew,
(b) Hagrid and McGonegall.
(c) Snape and Dumbledore.
(d) Dumbledore and Peeves.
12. What do the students learn about in Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
13. How does Harry do his homework during the summer holiday?
(a) He has no homework over the summer.
(b) He memorizes his lessons to write down later.
(c) By wand light at night.
(d) He copies it from Hermione.
14. What does Harry receive over the summer holiday that brings him great joy?
(a) A picture of his girlfriend.
(b) News that he will be able to move.
(c) Letters from Hogwarts.
(d) Birthday cards and presents.
15. What is the term for people who have the ability to transform themselves into animals?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Ron and Hermione to fight so much during the beginning of the school year?
2. Why does Harry try so hard to be nice to Vernon's sister when she is being so horrible to him?
3. Why does McGonegall tell the students to not take their Divination lessons too seriously on their first day of their year?
4. What is Harry taunted about during his first morning at Hogwarts?
5. What does Harry find out during the first class of his second day at school?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)