|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harry's first class for his third year at Hogwarts?
2. What happens to Vernon's sister as she is berating Harry's parents?
(a) She begins to float around like a balloon.
(b) She passes out from drunkeness.
(c) She turns purple.
(d) She vomits on the table.
3. What does Hermione keep doing that is confusing Ron at the beginning of the school year?
(a) Going days without food.
(b) Writing homework for classes that she isn't taking.
(c) Talking about classes that he has never heard about.
(d) Appearing out of nowhere.
4. Who taunts Harry during his first morning at Hogwarts?
5. Who is teaching Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
6. How does Vernon's sister think Harry's parents died?
(a) In a drunken car crash.
(b) From a horrible sickness.
(c) In an attack by Voldemort.
(d) From being poisoned.
7. What is Harry not allowed to do at home during the summer holiday?
(a) Write letters.
(b) Talk above a whisper.
(c) Leave his room.
(d) Practice magic.
8. What is Hermione carrying around at the beginning of the school year due to her large class load?
(a) A magic carpet bag to fit all of her supplies.
(b) A time turner.
(d) A large stack of books.
9. Why does Harry never receive any phone calls during the summer holiday?
(a) There is no phone in the house.
(b) He has no friends to call him.
(c) His friends do not have phones.
(d) He is not allowed any phone calls.
10. What is so perplexing to Harry about Mr. Weasley's warning to him before he boards Hogwarts Express?
(a) He has never wanted to go to Hogsmeade.
(b) He can't imagine why he should give up Quidditch.
(c) He always tries to do what Dumbledore tells him to.
(d) He does not know why Black would want to hurt him.
11. What does Harry's early Christmas gift from the Weasley twins allow Harry to do?
(a) Study new ways to avoid the bludgers on the Quidditch field.
(b) Take a secret passageway into Hogsmeade.
(c) Practice his moves during the holiday break.
(d) Get a tummy ache from eating too many sweets.
12. What do Ron and Hermione order at the Three Broomsticks pub on their second trip to Hogsmeade?
(b) Brandy Water.
(d) Sparkling Cider.
13. What is Vernon's sister named?
14. What is so ironic about Vernon's sister calling Harry's father a drunk?
(a) She was practically describing herself.
(b) She was drunk when she said it.
(c) She knew she was lying.
(d) James Potter never touched alcohol in his life.
15. What does Harry see on a cover of a book in Diagon Alley that he feels he has seen before?
(a) The triple-decker Knight Bus.
(b) A skull and cross bones.
(c) The image of Sirius Black.
(d) A picture of a black dog with gleaming eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harry spend his Christmas holiday?
2. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley?
3. Who gives Lupin a potion while he is talking with Harry on Halloween?
4. Which of his professors does Harry find boring and odd after his first week of classes?
5. Why was Harry so embarrassed by his reaction to the hooded figure in black that entered his train compartment?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)