|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Harry forced to live where he does over the summer holidays.
(a) It is what his parents wanted for him.
(b) Dumbledore believes it is the safest place for him.
(c) He feels that he cannot ask to go somewhere else without causing offense.
(d) He is forced by law to stay there.
2. What is the name of the Wizard jail?
3. What was the hooded figure in black that entered the train compartment?
(a) A dementor.
(b) The Grim.
(c) A joke by the Weasley twins.
(d) A ghost.
4. What does Harry fear will happen to him due to what happened to Vernon's sister?
(a) He will be expelled from Hogwarts.
(b) He will be banned from Hogsmeade.
(c) Hermione will not be his friend.
(d) He will be stripped of his wand.
5. What does Harry overhear Mr. Weasley telling his wife while at the Leaky Cauldron?
(a) Black is targeting Harry.
(b) Three more prisoners have escaped from prison.
(c) The dementors will be at Hogwarts on guard this year.
(d) He has had a dream about Harry being killed by a black dog.
6. What does Hermione name her new magical creature?
7. How many levels does the bus have that picks Harry up off the street?
8. What do Ron and Hermione give Harry on Halloween?
(a) A secret map of Hogwarts.
(b) Loads of sweets.
(c) Good advice.
(d) A message from Hedwig.
9. How old does a student have to be before being allowed to visit Hogsmeade Village?
(a) 3rd Year Student.
(b) 4th Year Student.
(c) All students are allowed, provided their grades are good.
(d) 2nd Year Student.
10. What does Hermione purchase in Diagon Alley?
(a) A beautiful snowy owl.
(b) A red rat.
(c) A large orange cat.
(d) A black toad.
11. How many classes a day does Hermione have on her schedule for the third year?
12. What is Harry not allowed to do at home during the summer holiday?
(a) Talk above a whisper.
(b) Practice magic.
(c) Leave his room.
(d) Write letters.
13. What is the name of the Wizard newspaper that Harry sees the conductor of the bus reading?
(a) The Daily Wizard.
(b) The Daily News of Wizards.
(c) The Daily Witch's Brew.
(d) The Daily Prophet.
14. What mysterious gift does Harry get on Christmas morning?
(a) A case of magical ink.
(b) New quidditch robes.
(c) A firebolt broom.
(d) A new cage for Hedwig.
15. What does Hermione keep doing that is confusing Ron at the beginning of the school year?
(a) Talking about classes that he has never heard about.
(b) Appearing out of nowhere.
(c) Going days without food.
(d) Writing homework for classes that she isn't taking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is odd about Ron's rat during the beginning of the school year?
2. What does Harry find out during the first class of his second day at school?
3. What happens when Malfoy insults Buckbeak?
4. What animal does Hagrid introduce in his first lesson of the year?
5. What does Dumbledore have the students do after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room on Halloween?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)