Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Harry's father's best friend when they were young?
(a) Peter Pettigrew.
(b) Sirius Black.
2. What does Harry see on a cover of a book in Diagon Alley that he feels he has seen before?
(a) A picture of a black dog with gleaming eyes.
(b) A skull and cross bones.
(c) The triple-decker Knight Bus.
(d) The image of Sirius Black.
3. Who does Harry read about in the newspaper while riding the bus to London?
(a) Moony Lupin.
(b) Peter Pettigrew.
(c) Sirius Black.
(d) Albus Dumbledore.
4. Why is Harry not as excited about Halloween as the rest of his classmates?
(a) He dislikes Headless Nick and avoids him at all costs.
(b) He is sick and does not want to eat anything at the feast.
(c) He is nervous about Sirius Black.
(d) He is not allowed to go to Hogsmeade.
5. Who is in the train compartment with Ron, Harry, and Hermione when they board the Hogwarts Express?
(a) Neville Longbottom.
(b) Draco Malfoy.
(d) A strange man in shabby robes.
6. Who is teaching Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
7. What is the term for people who have the ability to transform themselves into animals?
8. What is the term for non-magical people?
9. Who is trying to have Buckbeak executed after Hagrid's lesson on Hippogriffs?
(a) Lucious Malfoy.
(c) Cornelius Fudge.
(d) Draco Malfoy.
10. What is Harry's worst fear?
11. Who takes Harry's mysterious Christmas gift away from him?
12. Who told Dumbledore about who had done what was found at the common room after the Halloween Feast?
(a) Draco Malfoy.
(c) The Fat Lady.
13. How does Harry plan to fly to London unseen?
(a) A magic spell.
(b) He will fly above the cloud line.
(c) His invisibility cloak.
(d) He will travel at night.
14. Who is the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher?
15. What does Mr. Weasley make Harry promise just before he boards Hogwarts Express?
(a) To do everything that Dumbledore tells him to do.
(b) To not sneak into Hogsmeade.
(c) To not go looking for Sirius Black.
(d) To not play Quidditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry never receive any phone calls during the summer holiday?
2. Who is said to have done what was found at the common room after the Halloween Feast?
3. What does Harry keep dreaming about after overhearing the secret conversation between the Weasleys?
4. Where does Harry spend his Christmas holiday?
5. Where does Harry choose to spend the day after hearing some shocking news in Hogsmeade?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)