|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ron ger his magical creature?
(a) It was handed down to him by his brothers.
(b) He bought it at Diagon Alley.
(c) He found it at Hogwarts.
(d) It was given to him by Hagrid.
2. What is the spell that the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher teaches that causes embarrassment?
3. What position at Hogwarts has opened up once again and needs a replacement before the school year starts?
(a) The Potions master.
(b) The ghost wrangler.
(c) The Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.
(d) The groundskeeper.
4. What does Harry's early Christmas gift from the Weasley twins allow Harry to do?
(a) Take a secret passageway into Hogsmeade.
(b) Study new ways to avoid the bludgers on the Quidditch field.
(c) Practice his moves during the holiday break.
(d) Get a tummy ache from eating too many sweets.
5. What does Harry hear when he sees the hooded figure in black enter his train compartment?
(a) The deep and halting breathing of the figure.
(b) A shrill, screaming sound.
(c) His heartbeat.
(d) Nothing but utter silence.
6. Why does Harry end up in the hospital after his first Quidditch match of the season?
(a) He runs into the whomping willow and his broom is smashed into smithereens.
(b) He faints when a Dementor comes near and falls off his broom.
(c) He is hit by a spell from the other team's seeker.
(d) He is hit in the head by a bludger.
7. Why is Lupin not teaching his own class the day after Halloween?
(a) He is on a trip.
(b) He has been fired.
(c) He is being trained for a different position.
(d) He is too ill.
8. Who does Vernon's sister treat better than she treats Harry?
(a) Vernon's hired help.
(b) The messenger boy.
(c) The mailman.
(d) Her dog.
9. Who was Harry's father's best friend when they were young?
(c) Sirius Black.
(d) Peter Pettigrew.
10. What is Vernon's sister drinking when she starts to talk about how horrible Harry is?
11. What happens to Vernon's sister as she is berating Harry's parents?
(a) She begins to float around like a balloon.
(b) She vomits on the table.
(c) She passes out from drunkeness.
(d) She turns purple.
12. What is the name of the conductor of the bus that picks Harry up off the street?
(a) Stan Sterling.
(b) Steve Sherling
(c) Stew Shurpike.
(d) Stan Shunpike.
13. What does Dumbledore have the students do after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room on Halloween?
(a) Undergo interrogation, one at a time.
(b) Sleep in the Great Hall.
(c) Allow him to place safety spells on them for the night.
(d) Go calmly to bed.
14. What is the term for people who have the ability to transform themselves into animals?
15. What does Harry find out during the first class of his second day at school?
(a) Snape was denied the Defense Against the Dark Arts position.
(b) Malfoy really is sick.
(c) Snape dislikes him even more than he did the year before.
(d) Sirius Black has been spotted close to the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the students learn about in Lupin's class the day after Halloween?
2. What is Harry taunted about during his first morning at Hogwarts?
3. Who does Harry live with when he is not at Hogwarts?
4. How does Harry do his homework during the summer holiday?
5. Who joins Harry for the last day of the summer holiday?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)