Short Essay Questions Key
1. What does the term "muggle" mean?
The term "muggle" means someone without magical abilities.
2. Why does Harry live with the Dursleys when he is not at Hogwarts?
Harry lives with the Dursleys because Dumbledore feels that is the safest place for him outside of Hogwarts.
3. What does Harry need Uncle Vernon to sign before he heads back to Hogwarts at the end of the summer?
Harry needs Vernon to sign a permission slip allowing him to go to Hogsmeade Village.
4. How does Harry keep in touch with his friends while he is at the Dursleys house over the summer vacation?
Harry keeps in touch with his friends over the summer by sending messages via his owl, Hedwig.
5. What does Vernon's sister insist that Harry call her when she visits her brother?
Vernon's sister insists that Harry call her "Aunt Marge."
This section contains 1,599 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)