|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Snape find out that Lupin is a werewolf?
(a) Lupin once told him back when they were friends.
(b) Lupin was branded while at Hogwarts as a student.
(c) Sirius played a trick on him and he almost got bit.
(d) He knew from the signs he saw.
2. What odd event takes place as Ron, Harry, and Hermione are discussing Mr. Weasley's warning while heading to Hogwarts?
(a) The stranger wakes up.
(b) The train stops.
(c) Harry's scar starts to hurt.
(d) The train's lights go out.
3. What does Harry's Divination final exam consist of?
(a) Reading tea leaves.
(b) Using palm lines to tell the future,
(c) Gazing into a crystal ball and making predictions.
(d) Writing an essay about everything that was learned.
4. Who is trying to have Buckbeak executed after Hagrid's lesson on Hippogriffs?
(a) Draco Malfoy.
(c) Lucious Malfoy.
(d) Cornelius Fudge.
5. What is so surprising about Black's escape from prison?
(a) He told a guard he was leaving to avenge his master's death.
(b) He left the dark mark of Voldemort all along the walls when he left.
(c) Nobody else has ever escaped.
(d) He killed many people as he escaped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry overhear talking in the middle of the night after the fearful events in the Gryffindor common room?
2. What does Harry, Ron and Hermione find when they return to their common room after the Halloween Feast?
3. What does Hermione do when Malfoy starts mocking them about Buckbeak?
4. Where does Harry choose to spend the day after hearing some shocking news in Hogsmeade?
5. What is the one complaint that Malfoy has against Lupin at the beginning of the school year?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)