|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does McGonegall tell the students to not take their Divination lessons too seriously on their first day of their year?
(a) It is too hard for young children learn.
(b) She feels that their attention should be placed elsewhere.
(c) Divination is not on any OWL tests.
(d) She thinks it is the most imprecise form of magic.
2. Who does Hermione say has approved her for taking extra classes for her third year?
3. How many classes a day does Hermione have on her schedule for the third year?
4. What happens when Malfoy insults Buckbeak?
(a) Buckbeak shrieks in horror.
(b) Buckbeak faints and plays dead.
(c) Buckbeack flies away.
(d) Buckbeak slashes him with his talons.
5. Where does Harry choose to spend the day after hearing some shocking news in Hogsmeade?
(a) Dumbledore's study.
(b) The Weasley's house.
(c) His dorm room.
(d) Hagrid's hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Harry's mysterious Christmas gift away from him?
2. Where does Trelawney tell Harry that Grims traditionally walk about?
3. What do Harry, Ron, and Hermione do when they hear Hagrid crying over Buckbeak's execution?
4. What animal does Hagrid introduce in his first lesson of the year?
5. Who protects Sirius Black when Harry is about to kill him in the Shrieking Shack?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)