|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of Yanek's family members argues with Oskar about his estimate of the war's length?
(a) Yanek's grandparents.
(b) Yanek's brothers.
(c) Yanek's uncles.
(d) Yanek's cousins.
2. At the end of Chapter 18, Yanek has a dream that which person is chasing him?
(a) Uncle Moshe.
(b) Amon Goethe.
(c) Adolf Hitler.
(d) Dr. Mengele.
3. In what country does the narrative of Prisoner B-3087 open?
4. In Chapter 4, Oskar relents and takes Yanek out past curfew to what type of location?
(a) A cafeteria.
(b) A barn.
(c) A synagogue.
(d) A bakery.
5. The young Polish boy in Chapter 15 shouts at the passing train passengers that they will soon be turned into what substance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of Yanek's family is NOT captured by the Nazis while waiting in line to buy bread?
2. What is the legal first name of the novel's protagonist, though he goes by the name Yanek?
3. Across the street from Yanek's family's apartment building lies what kind of temporary institution?
4. With what object is the man beaten to death after it is determined that his name is not really Finkelstein?
5. What type of structure becomes a home for Yanek and his family beginning in Chapter 5?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)