|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the prisoners at the Plaszow labor camp refer to Amon Goeth's "score," (71) to what are they referring?
(a) The number of Jews Amon Goeth has killed that day.
(b) The number of times Amon Goeth has been caught sleeping on duty.
(c) The number of Jews Amon Goeth has beaten that day.
(d) The number of Jewish children Amon Goeth has imprisoned that day.
2. Which group of Yanek's family members argues with Oskar about his estimate of the war's length?
(a) Yanek's cousins.
(b) Yanek's grandparents.
(c) Yanek's uncles.
(d) Yanek's brothers.
3. The protagonist goes by the name of Yanek, which is classified as what type of name?
4. What is NOT one of Yanek's favorite topics to read books about?
5. What sorts of objects does Oskar sell in his store before it is seized by Nazis?
(c) Baked goods.
(d) Sports equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yanek states that "Amon Goeth wouldn't have" which meal "each day until he'd killed at least one Jew" (72)?
2. Which prophet does Oskar name when pointing out the merits of Yanek's plan about the pigeon coop?
3. What sort of weather is occurring during the trip Yanek and Oskar make outside past curfew in Chapter 4?
4. When the Nazis come to Krakow and empty its hospitals, what do they do with the patients?
5. Yanek tells the reader in Chapter 6 that he would trade "a week's worth of rations" (37) for one serving of which food prepared by his mother?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)