|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is the first to greet Yanek and Oskar at the location to which they go after curfew?
(a) Uncle Abraham.
(b) Uncle Moshe.
(d) Aunt Fela.
2. Oskar bases his estimate of the war's length on his faith in which country's impending resolve to enter the war?
(a) The United States.
(b) Great Britain.
3. The director of the Judenrat informs the people of Krakow that he has been ordered by the Nazis to hand over how many thousands of Jewish people the following morning?
4. What sort of weather is occurring during the trip Yanek and Oskar make outside past curfew in Chapter 4?
5. What is a "panzer," (7) according to Yanek?
(a) A tank.
(b) A wall.
(c) A gun.
(d) An airplane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of structure becomes a home for Yanek and his family beginning in Chapter 5?
2. How old is the protagonist when the Germans invade his community?
3. Which group of Yanek's family members argues with Oskar about his estimate of the war's length?
4. When the Nazis come to Krakow and empty its hospitals, what do they do with the patients?
5. Once a curfew was instituted in the ghetto, by what time of night were Jewish people required to be in their homes?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)