|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what mode of transportation is Yanek moved to the Gross-Rosen concentration camp?
(d) Coal cart.
2. What is NOT a smell Yanek detects when he is placed into a cattle car at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. At the end of Chapter 3, what action does Yanek take for the first time?
(a) He doubts his father's word.
(b) He curses.
(c) He lies.
(d) He doubts his uncle's word.
4. How many barrels for collecting human waste are allocated to 500 prisoners at Birkenau?
5. What object does Yanek's family use to cover the small window in the pigeon coop?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A sheet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of transportation do Yanek and the other prisoners use to reach the Sachsenhausen concentration camp?
2. The "Sachsenhausen salute" involves torturing a prisoner by forcing him to remain in what type of position for hours at a time without moving?
3. Yanek is shocked to discover that which person familiar to him is also heading toward Dachau?
4. Which character is the first to greet Yanek and Oskar at the location to which they go after curfew?
5. Which past tense verb do the Nazis use when threatening to take action regarding the Jewish ghetto of Krakow?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)