|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Yanek is placed into a queue at the beginning of Chapter 17 and he hears screams up ahead, what happens when it is his turn?
(a) He is assigned a work detail.
(b) He has his head shaven.
(c) He gets tattooed.
(d) He is whipped.
2. About how many people are imprisoned within the Auschwitz concentration camp at the time Yanek and the others are moved to the Sachsenhausen concentration camp?
3. With what object is the man beaten to death after it is determined that his name is not really Finkelstein?
(a) A rock.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A brick.
4. When Yanek arrives at the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp in Chapter 24, it is his seventh concentration camp in "less than" how many "years" (196)?
5. At the end of Chapter 18, Yanek has a dream that which person is chasing him?
(a) Uncle Moshe.
(b) Amon Goethe.
(c) Dr. Mengele.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food item do the Nazis provide to each prisoner that they say must last for the entirety of the journey from Auschwitz to Sachsenhausen?
2. How much money does Yanek find during his work detail in the abandoned ghetto of Krakow?
3. In what year is Yanek moved to the Trzebinia concentration camp?
4. By the end of Chapter 17, Yanek states that he has been imprisoned in concentration camps for what length of time?
5. During the two days of Deportation in Krakow, how many thousands of Jewish people are taken away by the Nazis?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)