|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sultana threaten to do?
(a) Divorce Kareem.
(b) Kill his mother.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Return to her father's home.
2. Why did they live here?
(a) They did not have the money to build their own palace.
(b) Sultana had a palace built as a gift for Kareem.
(c) They were waiting until their own palace could be built.
(d) Kareem had a large home.
3. What did her husband quickly do?
(a) Had her tortured.
(b) Sent her away.
(c) Divorced her.
(d) Killed her.
4. What was Sara expecting while they were on vacation?
(a) Her first child.
(b) A telephone call from her father.
(c) A letter from her husband.
(d) Her divorce papers.
5. Why did Sultana decide to do this when she found she was pregnant?
(a) It was the only course of action open to her.
(b) She wanted to be near her family.
(c) She did not want Kareem's baby.
(d) She did not trust the hospitals in any other country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sultana's mother-in-law make amends with Sultana?
2. What happened to these women?
3. Father was _____________ at Sultana's attempted sabotage.
4. What did women begin doing in Riyadh?
5. Did Kareem's mother like Sultana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led Sultana to want to divorce Kareem?
2. What happened after Sultana suffers a bout of breast cancer?
3. What did Kareem do for Sultana to aid her in having their baby?
4. What did Sultana learn from a woman she met on the flight to London?
5. How did Sultana feel in the "Epilogue?" Why did she feel this way?
6. How did Sultana and her mother-in-law finally make up?
7. What story did Sultana learn while in the hospital?
8. What did Sultana learn about an old friend, prior to her friend's father's death?
9. How did the country react to the king's death?
10. What did Sultana learn about female circumcision?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)