|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sultana gave birth to how many daughters, then suffered a bout with breast cancer?
2. What rumor was spreading about one woman?
(a) She had been exiled.
(b) She had been tortured.
(c) She had been divorced.
(d) She had been killed.
3. Father agreed when Sultana asked what?
(a) If she could not get married.
(b) If she could get married right away.
(c) If she could meet Kareem.
(d) If she could marry someone else.
4. Why did Sultana feel this way?
(a) She was worried about getting married.
(b) She had gotten into a fight with Kareem.
(c) She knew her marriage wouldbe a happy one.
(d) She did not want to leave her family.
5. What did Sultana's friend's father allow her?
(a) The freedom to live her life her own way.
(b) To go on vacation in Europe.
(c) To attend school in Saudi Arabia.
(d) To choose a Saudi Arabian man as a husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Sultana to marry?
2. How did the nurse react to this story?
3. Sultana and Kareem planned to have their baby out of the country where the health care was better. Why did this not happen?
4. Why did American soldiers join the refugees?
5. Then they returned to Paris where Sultana did what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the country react to the king's death?
2. What happened after Sultana suffers a bout of breast cancer?
3. How did Sultana feel in the "Epilogue?" Why did she feel this way?
4. How did the king die?
5. How did Sultana and her mother-in-law finally make up?
6. How did Kareem's mother and Sultana get into a fight?
7. How did Sultana feel about Kareem?
8. Describe Sultana's wedding ceremony.
9. What led to one of Kareem's brothers wanting to marry Sara?
10. How did Kareem and Sultana finally make up?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)