|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first few days, Kareem refused to do what?
(a) See Sultana without her veil.
(b) Speak to Sultana.
(c) Force Sultana into a sexual relationship.
(d) See the sights.
2. What did Sultana learn about a woman she met on the plane?
(a) She was her cousin.
(b) She had never been on a plane before.
(c) Her daughter had been used as a kidney donor.
(d) She had been kidnapped and used as a kidney donor.
3. How did Sultana feel about these events?
4. Ali returned from studying in America where he was enjoying what?
(b) Making friends.
(c) What he called the looseness of American women.
(d) Learning English.
5. In Kareem, Sultana met her future husband and was surprised to find what?
(a) She already knew him.
(b) She did not like him.
(c) She did not want to marry him.
(d) She liked him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Kareem's mother want her son to do regarding Sultana?
2. What did women begin doing in Riyadh?
3. Ali told his father he wanted to marry. Why?
4. Kareem called Sultana and asked what personal question?
5. What did Huda claim to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sultana's wedding ceremony.
2. Describe the relationship between Kareem and Sultana at the beginning of their marriage.
3. How did Father react to Sultana's attempt to sabotage her marriage?
4. What story did Sultana learn while in the hospital?
5. How did Sultana feel in the "Epilogue?" Why did she feel this way?
6. What did Kareem do for Sultana to aid her in having their baby?
7. How did Kareem and Sultana finally make up?
8. Describe Ali's return home and his behavior upon his return.
9. How did Sultana and her mother-in-law finally make up?
10. How did the country react to the king's death?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)