|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ali told his father he wanted to marry. Why?
(a) He wanted a virtuous Saudi woman in his life.
(b) He was in love.
(c) He wanted children.
(d) He ws lonely.
2. In Kareem, Sultana met her future husband and was surprised to find what?
(a) She did not like him.
(b) She did not want to marry him.
(c) She already knew him.
(d) She liked him.
3. What did women begin doing in Riyadh?
(a) Marrying men of their own choosing.
(b) Attending school.
(d) Going without veils.
4. What did Sultana learn about a woman she met on the plane?
(a) She had never been on a plane before.
(b) She had been kidnapped and used as a kidney donor.
(c) Her daughter had been used as a kidney donor.
(d) She was her cousin.
5. What rumor was spreading about one woman?
(a) She had been exiled.
(b) She had been divorced.
(c) She had been killed.
(d) She had been tortured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sara expecting while they were on vacation?
2. What did Kareem's mother think about Sultana?
3. How did this comment leave Ali?
4. Sultana gave birth to how many daughters, then suffered a bout with breast cancer?
5. What did her husband quickly do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to this girl when her father was killed?
2. How did Sultana feel about Kareem?
3. What led to one of Kareem's brothers wanting to marry Sara?
4. What did Sultana learn about an old friend, prior to her friend's father's death?
5. Describe Sultana's wedding ceremony.
6. How did Sultana get revenge on her brother?
7. Describe the relationship between Kareem and Sultana at the beginning of their marriage.
8. How did Kareem's mother and Sultana get into a fight?
9. What did Sultana learn from a woman she met on the flight to London?
10. How did Sultana force Kareem to sign an agreement to not marry another as long as she was alive?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)