|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sultana's father decide to marry again?
(a) He made a promise to a business associate.
(b) He liked getting married.
(c) To bring the number of his wives back to four.
(d) He missed his wife and was trying to replace her.
2. Madeline told Marci how the father of the household would do what?
(a) Torture her.
(b) Rape her every night.
(c) Forget to pay her.
(d) Insult her.
3. Sultana took Ali's new headdress and did what with it?
(a) Flushed it down the toilet.
(b) Threw it away.
(c) Hid it.
(d) Tore it into little pieces.
4. Why did the king's brothers want him to step down?
(a) He was quiet and shy.
(b) He was spending all his money and lacked in leadership skills.
(c) He wanted to have his brothers killed.
(d) He was too good.
5. What was significant about this trip for Sultana?
(a) It would be the first time she would see the world from behind a veil.
(b) It would be the last time she would see the world without the barrier of a veil.
(c) It would be her last trip out of Saudi Arabia.
(d) It would be her only trip to Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did they do in these cities?
2. Sultana recalled overhearing a meeting between whom?
3. Sultana's father was the son of whom?
4. Which of these describes Father's new wife?
5. One afternoon Sultana and Sara returned early from a shopping trip and found Ali and Hadi doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sultana and Sara do about this?
2. Describe the first fight that took place between Sultana and Ali.
3. For how long were Sultana and her mother told to stay away from Sara? Why were they able to see her after only four months?
4. How did Marci come to Saudi Arabia?
5. What had happened to Madeline?
6. What happened to Ali as a result of the exposed pornography?
7. What happened when Sultana returned from her trip?
8. What were the consequences of Sultana's fight with Ali?
9. How did Sultana learn that not all men were cruel?
10. How did Sara's dreams die?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)