|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Sultana and her brother fought, Omar, their father's driver, didwhat?
(a) Yelled at them.
(b) Called their father.
(c) Separated them and reported the fight to their father.
(d) Ignored them.
2. Sultana began spending long hours where?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the city.
(c) In her father's study.
(d) In her bedroom with her maid, Marci.
3. Why was Sara in the hospital?
(a) She had attempted suicide.
(b) She had become a nurse.
(c) She was pregnant.
(d) She had become ill.
4. How did Mother react to Sara's mother-in-law?
(a) She ignored her.
(b) She stood up to her in a rare show of compassion for her daughter.
(c) She yelled at her to leave.
(d) She begged her to leave Sara alone.
5. What would Sultana eventually get?
(a) A job.
(b) A career abroad.
(c) A masters degree.
(d) A college degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marci arrived, she had trouble doing what?
2. What did Sultana think of Cairo?
3. What were the king's brothers reluctant to do?
4. Mother and Sultana had to wait for Omar to bring them the letter from Father that would allow them to do what?
5. Why was Ali given the privilege of choosing what Sultana would eat at every meal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sultana learn that not all men were cruel?
2. What did Sultana and her mother learn about Sara's hospitalization?
3. What did Sultana do with Ali's pornography stash? Why did she do this?
4. What happened to Ali as a result of the exposed pornography?
5. What meeting did Sultana overhear?
6. Describe the first fight that took place between Sultana and Ali.
7. How did Sultana get the opportunity of an education?
8. Why could nothing be done for this little girl?
9. For how long were Sultana and her mother told to stay away from Sara? Why were they able to see her after only four months?
10. Describe Sara during the wedding.
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)