|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nura explained that in their culture girls often had what removed when they reached maturity?
(a) Parts of their genitals.
(b) Their body hair.
(c) All jewelry.
(d) Their eyebrows.
2. Sultana gave birth to how many daughters, then suffered a bout with breast cancer?
3. The pregnant girl's father planned to wait until the baby was born for what to happen?
(a) The girl would be stoned to death.
(b) His daughter would be remprimanded.
(c) The girl would be married off.
(d) The baby would be baptized.
4. On the morning of the wedding, how did Sultana feel?
5. When Kareem learned about Sultana's plans, what did he do?
(a) He confessed his undying love to her and begged her to return to him.
(b) He did not want her to give it up for adoption.
(c) He agreed that she should have the baby in the U.S.
(d) He wanted to be with her when she had the baby.
6. Why did American soldiers join the refugees?
(a) To learn more about the Kuwaitis.
(b) To protect the refugees.
(c) To keep Saddam from invading Saudi Arabia as well.
(d) To find Saddam.
7. Sultana took her passport and a letter allowing her to travel that she forged and flew to Dubai. Why did she fly here?
(a) Her family lived in Dubai.
(b) Dubai was an inexepensive place to live.
(c) This is where the children were attending a camp.
(d) In Dubai she was safe from her husband's control.
8. What did Kareem allow Sultana to decide?
(a) When the time was right to be involved in a sexual relationship.
(b) Where they would live.
(c) When they would end their honeymoon.
(d) How many children they would have.
9. Huda claimed that what would happen to Sara?
(a) She would die young.
(b) She would never be happy again.
(c) She would marry again some day and have six children.
(d) She would get married soon.
10. What about Sultana's wedding causes some scandal?
(a) Her vows.
(b) Her kiss with Kareem.
(c) Her bright red dress.
(d) Her exuberant personality.
11. Sultana told Kareem she would only return to him if he promised to do what?
(a) Marry someone else to have children.
(b) Give her another child.
(c) Give the children to her.
(d) Sign a contract agreeing to never marry another woman while Sultana was alive.
12. This relative forced the girl to return home and do what?
(a) Marry a cousin.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Marry a neighbor.
(d) Marry an older man.
13. What did Sultana's friend's father allow her?
(a) To go on vacation in Europe.
(b) To attend school in Saudi Arabia.
(c) To choose a Saudi Arabian man as a husband.
(d) The freedom to live her life her own way.
14. The following day Asad announced what?
(a) He did not want to be around Sara.
(b) His intention to marry Sara.
(c) He would not be staying with Sara's family.
(d) He intended to marry Sara's younger sister.
15. When Sultana's friend got accepted to a school in London, how did her father respond?
(a) He was hesitant to send her there.
(b) He was surprised and shocked.
(c) He was thrilled and immediately arranged for her to go.
(d) He was angry and unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The girl told the authorities her story, but the boys insisted what?
2. Kareem called Sultana and asked what personal question?
3. Huda was whom in Sultana's household?
4. What did women begin doing in Riyadh?
5. Sultana and Kareem planned to have their baby out of the country where the health care was better. Why did this not happen?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)