|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sultana and Kareem continue to do often in the weeks before the wedding?
(a) See each other.
(b) Write letters.
(c) Go on dates.
(d) Speak on the phone.
2. When Sultana's friend got accepted to a school in London, how did her father respond?
(a) He was thrilled and immediately arranged for her to go.
(b) He was hesitant to send her there.
(c) He was angry and unhappy.
(d) He was surprised and shocked.
3. This relative forced the girl to return home and do what?
(a) Marry a neighbor.
(b) Marry an older man.
(c) Marry a cousin.
(d) Marry him.
4. Sultana learned she was pregnant and decided to do what?
(a) Have the baby in the United States.
(b) Give the baby up for adoption.
(c) Have the baby at home.
(d) Have an abortion.
5. What did Huda claim to have?
(a) Psychic abilities.
(c) Many friends.
6. Sultana was told a story by one of the nurses about another girl staying in the maternity ward. This girl had been raped by whom?
(b) Visitors to her home.
(d) Several of her brothers.
7. Why did these boys do this?
(a) They made a bet.
(b) They were bored.
(c) They did not like the girl.
(d) They were drunk and high.
8. What did Sultana tell Ali he could never know for sure?
(a) If his wife was pure.
(b) If his wife could have children.
(c) If his wife loved him.
(d) If the children his wife had were his.
9. In Kareem, Sultana met her future husband and was surprised to find what?
(a) She did not like him.
(b) She did not want to marry him.
(c) She liked him.
(d) She already knew him.
10. What did the nurse learn about Sultana regarding this story?
(a) She would do all she could to stop it.
(b) She would tell her father about this girl.
(c) She did not want to help the girl.
(d) She could do nothing to stop it.
11. Ali told his father he wanted to marry. Why?
(a) He wanted a virtuous Saudi woman in his life.
(b) He wanted children.
(c) He was in love.
(d) He ws lonely.
12. What happened to these women?
(a) They were ignored.
(b) They were abused.
(c) They were teased.
(d) They were deported.
13. Sultana was so happy in her new marriage that she did what?
(a) Agreed to live in Kareem's parents' home.
(b) Wanted many children.
(c) Welcomed Kareem into her bedroom after only a few nights.
(d) Enjoyed a long honeymoon.
14. Which of these describes the wedding ceremony?
(a) It was simple and exciting.
(b) It was lavish and expensive.
(c) It was very unusual.
(d) It was simple and boring.
15. On the morning of the wedding, how did Sultana feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. The following day Asad announced what?
2. What happened to the girl as a result of this encounter?
3. For their honeymoon, where did Sultana and Kareem go?
4. Why did they live here?
5. Nura explained that in their culture girls often had what removed when they reached maturity?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)