|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This relative forced the girl to return home and do what?
(a) Marry an older man.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Marry a cousin.
(d) Marry a neighbor.
2. What did Sultana tell Ali he could never know for sure?
(a) If his wife loved him.
(b) If his wife could have children.
(c) If his wife was pure.
(d) If the children his wife had were his.
3. Did Kareem agree to Sultana's demands?
(b) Not at first.
(c) Only many years later.
4. Father agreed when Sultana asked what?
(a) If she could meet Kareem.
(b) If she could get married right away.
(c) If she could marry someone else.
(d) If she could not get married.
5. For their honeymoon, where did Sultana and Kareem go?
(a) Tokyo and Bombay.
(b) Cairo and the United States.
(c) The United States.
6. What did the nurse learn about Sultana regarding this story?
(a) She did not want to help the girl.
(b) She would do all she could to stop it.
(c) She would tell her father about this girl.
(d) She could do nothing to stop it.
7. On the morning of the wedding, how did Sultana feel?
8. When Sultana's friend got accepted to a school in London, how did her father respond?
(a) He was thrilled and immediately arranged for her to go.
(b) He was angry and unhappy.
(c) He was hesitant to send her there.
(d) He was surprised and shocked.
9. How was the girl punished?
(a) She was exiled.
(b) She was killed.
(c) She was put into a padded room and was not allowed human contact.
(d) She was sent back to London.
10. What was the cause of this death?
(a) He had a heart attack and died.
(b) He was very ill.
(c) A member of the royal family killed him in revenge.
(d) A stranger assassinated him.
11. Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait when?
(a) Early 1992.
(b) Late 1990.
(c) Late 1989.
(d) Early 1990.
12. Ali returned from studying in America where he was enjoying what?
(b) Making friends.
(c) Learning English.
(d) What he called the looseness of American women.
13. A few months later, Sultana called Kareem and agreed to do what?
(a) Send the children home.
(b) Return home.
(c) Meet him.
(d) Divorce him.
14. What happened to these women's families?
(a) They were ignored.
(b) They were shunned.
(c) They were harassed.
(d) They were banished.
15. What did Kareem's mother want her son to do regarding Sultana?
(a) Ignore her.
(b) Change her.
(c) Speak to her.
(d) Divorce her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these describes the wedding ceremony?
2. Sultana and Kareem moved into whose home?
3. Immediately Kareem's aunts came to the house demanding what?
4. The following day Asad announced what?
5. In the first few days, Kareem refused to do what?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)