|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to these women?
(a) They were abused.
(b) They were teased.
(c) They were deported.
(d) They were ignored.
2. In 1975, Sultana was vacationing where?
(a) In Baghdad.
(b) In Juddah.
(c) In Greece.
(d) In New York City.
3. The girl told the authorities her story, but the boys insisted what?
(a) They were forced into the sexual encounter.
(b) The girl had initiated the sexual encounter.
(c) They did nothing.
(d) The girl paid them.
4. What was the cause of this death?
(a) He had a heart attack and died.
(b) He was very ill.
(c) A stranger assassinated him.
(d) A member of the royal family killed him in revenge.
5. Sultana was so happy in her new marriage that she did what?
(a) Agreed to live in Kareem's parents' home.
(b) Wanted many children.
(c) Welcomed Kareem into her bedroom after only a few nights.
(d) Enjoyed a long honeymoon.
6. What did the nurse learn about Sultana regarding this story?
(a) She would do all she could to stop it.
(b) She would tell her father about this girl.
(c) She could do nothing to stop it.
(d) She did not want to help the girl.
7. What did Sultana's friend's father allow her?
(a) The freedom to live her life her own way.
(b) To attend school in Saudi Arabia.
(c) To choose a Saudi Arabian man as a husband.
(d) To go on vacation in Europe.
8. What did Kareem allow Sultana to decide?
(a) When the time was right to be involved in a sexual relationship.
(b) Where they would live.
(c) When they would end their honeymoon.
(d) How many children they would have.
9. What did women begin doing in Riyadh?
(b) Going without veils.
(c) Marrying men of their own choosing.
(d) Attending school.
10. What did Sultana learn about a woman she met on the plane?
(a) She had been kidnapped and used as a kidney donor.
(b) She was her cousin.
(c) She had never been on a plane before.
(d) Her daughter had been used as a kidney donor.
11. The young woman's father was killed and her care was left to _________ who did not have the same views as her father.
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A cousin.
(c) A brother.
(d) An uncle.
12. Sultana told Kareem she would only return to him if he promised to do what?
(a) Give her another child.
(b) Give the children to her.
(c) Sign a contract agreeing to never marry another woman while Sultana was alive.
(d) Marry someone else to have children.
13. Why did these boys do this?
(a) They did not like the girl.
(b) They made a bet.
(c) They were drunk and high.
(d) They were bored.
14. Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait when?
(a) Early 1990.
(b) Late 1989.
(c) Late 1990.
(d) Early 1992.
15. Sultana learned she was pregnant and decided to do what?
(a) Have the baby at home.
(b) Give the baby up for adoption.
(c) Have an abortion.
(d) Have the baby in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. The pregnant girl's father planned to wait until the baby was born for what to happen?
2. For their honeymoon, where did Sultana and Kareem go?
3. What did Sultana tell Ali he could never know for sure?
4. Huda claimed that what would happen to Sara?
5. Shortly afterward, despite his assurances of love, Kareem told Sultana that he intended to do what?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)