|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No one would do anything about Ali, because Sultana's father did not see the harm in what?
(a) Ali's laziness.
(b) Ali's humor.
(c) Ali's lack of an education.
(d) Ali's cruel habits.
2. Sultana took Ali's new headdress and did what with it?
(a) Hid it.
(b) Threw it away.
(c) Flushed it down the toilet.
(d) Tore it into little pieces.
3. Sultana caught sight of Sara's face after the ceremony and knew what?
(a) How frightened Sara was.
(b) How happy Sara was.
(c) How unsure Sara was.
(d) How drugged Sara was.
4. Sultana recalled overhearing a meeting between whom?
(a) Her father and his brothers.
(b) Her father and mother.
(c) Her father and brother.
(d) Her mother and her father's other wives.
5. Who did Father marry?
6. What was the purpose of the group Sultana created?
(a) It was supposed to educate women.
(b) It was supposed to bring women closer to Allah.
(c) It was supposed to help promote the independence of women.
(d) It was supposed to help women make friends.
7. Why was Ali given the privilege of choosing what Sultana would eat at every meal?
(a) Sultana refused to give in to her brother.
(b) He was to practice being in charge.
(c) He liked to run Sultana's life.
(d) Sultana did not know what she wanted to eat.
8. What did Sultana and her sisters do for their mother?
(a) They left her alone.
(b) They remained by their mother's side until the end came.
(c) They prayed for her.
(d) They took care of the baby.
9. What did Sultana think of Cairo?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She was afraid of it.
(c) She thought nothing of it.
(d) She loved it.
10. When Sultana's father learned of Sultana and Randa's participation in the group with Nadia and Wafa, what did he do?
(a) He told Randa and Sultana to disband the group.
(b) He divorced Randa and began searching for a husband for Sultana.
(c) He encouraged more women to join the group.
(d) He sent Sultana and Randa away for a period of time.
11. How did Ali break his toe?
(a) He kicked Sultana.
(b) He was trying to get his headdress away from Sultana.
(c) Sultana stepped on it.
(d) He tripped.
12. For what would Sultana always be grateful?
(a) Her wealthy family.
(b) Her good breeding.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Receiving an education.
13. Madeline had heard that a girl could make good money as what in Saudi Arabia?
(a) A chef.
(b) A maid.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A prostitute.
14. Who was the king when this story took place?
15. Sara was brought together with her new husband before whom?
(a) Her father.
(b) The king.
(c) A holy man.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sultana and Mother were told they could not visit Sara for how long after her wedding?
2. Why does Nura do this?
3. About what did Marci begin talking to Sultana?
4. Why could the mutawas not punish them?
5. How was the marriage beneficial to Father?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)