|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nura respond this way?
(a) Father would not approve of this behavior.
(b) The child's mother sold her to Ali to be used this way.
(c) She may not have been believed.
(d) The police would take care of the two boys.
2. Father also had to make a large donation to ______________.
(a) The country.
(b) The religious men.
(c) The government.
(d) The mosque.
3. King Faisal's wife was a woman who believed what?
(a) Women should be able to make their own choices.
(b) Women should be educated.
(c) Men should have complete control.
(d) Women do not have rights.
4. Father forced Ali to attend mosque _______ times a day for a year, something he was loath to do.
5. Sara would only be one among many _________ to her new husband.
6. Sultana became ____________ what her father would do to her when he learned what happened.
(a) Afraid of.
(b) Unsure of.
(c) Happy with.
(d) Satisfied with.
7. When this did not work, what did they do?
(a) They had no choice but to ask him to resign.
(b) They had no choice but to have him assassinated.
(c) They had no choice but to force a resignation.
(d) They had no choice but to bribe him.
8. What significant event occurred while Sultana was in Cairo?
(a) She met her husband.
(b) She wore her first veil.
(c) She met people who were not Saudi Arabian.
(d) She began menstruating.
9. Sara had dreams of what?
(a) Studying art and perhaps going to work in a museum.
(b) Staying at home.
(c) Marrying a handsome prince.
(d) Being a single woman.
10. The brothers decided they would first attempt what?
(a) To bribe the king.
(b) To poison the king.
(c) To reason with the king.
(d) To force the king to resign.
11. What did Sultana do to her father's new wife?
(a) She ignored her.
(b) She teased her.
(c) She befriended her.
(d) She abused her.
12. About what did Marci begin talking to Sultana?
(a) Her work as a maid.
(b) Sultana's life.
(c) Her personal life.
13. Sara's marriage had already been made between whom?
(a) The fathers.
(b) Father and the groom.
(c) The groom and the holy man.
(d) The bride and groom.
14. When Ali wrangled an invitation to go on the trip as well, how did Sultana feel?
(a) She was enraged.
(b) She was excited.
(c) She was surprised.
(d) She was disappointed.
15. Why were Sultana and her mother not allowed to see Sara for this length of time?
(a) In order to give her time to forget them.
(b) In order to give her time alone with her husband.
(c) In order to give her a chance to settle in to the new situation.
(d) In order to control them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sara was brought together with her new husband before whom?
2. Madeline told Marci how the father of the household would do what?
3. Who replaced the king on the throne?
4. Nura and her husband, Ahmed, took Sultana, Sara, Ali, and Ali's friend Hadi to Cairo to do what?
5. How did Ali break his toe?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)