|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ali break his toe?
(a) Sultana stepped on it.
(b) He kicked Sultana.
(c) He tripped.
(d) He was trying to get his headdress away from Sultana.
2. No one would do anything about Ali, because Sultana's father did not see the harm in what?
(a) Ali's lack of an education.
(b) Ali's cruel habits.
(c) Ali's humor.
(d) Ali's laziness.
3. For their honeymoon, where did Sultana and Kareem go?
(a) Cairo and the United States.
(b) The United States.
(c) Tokyo and Bombay.
4. The young woman's father was killed and her care was left to _________ who did not have the same views as her father.
(a) An uncle.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A cousin.
(d) A brother.
5. Sara learns at the age of _________ that she is to be married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did American soldiers join the refugees?
2. Did Sultana choose to begin wearing a veil and abaaya when she was in Cairo?
3. Why did these boys do this?
4. Sultana became ____________ what her father would do to her when he learned what happened.
5. Shortly afterward, despite his assurances of love, Kareem told Sultana that he intended to do what?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)