|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the death of this prominent person prompt Asad to do?
(a) Sign a paper ensuring his daughter's freedom to choose a husband without family intervention.
(b) Move his wife and child out of the country.
(c) Run for Prime Minister.
(d) Leave the country.
2. Who was Sultana to marry?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) Kareem, a cousin.
(c) A complete stranger.
(d) A foreign man.
3. Sultana recalled overhearing a meeting between whom?
(a) Her father and his brothers.
(b) Her father and brother.
(c) Her father and mother.
(d) Her mother and her father's other wives.
4. Sara's marriage had already been made between whom?
(a) The groom and the holy man.
(b) The bride and groom.
(c) Father and the groom.
(d) The fathers.
5. Kareem called Sultana and asked what personal question?
(a) If she had been married before.
(b) If she had been circumcised.
(c) If she was pure.
(d) If she wanted to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What took place in the middle of the desert as was the tradition in their country?
2. What did Sultana do to her father's new wife?
3. What happened to the girl as a result of this encounter?
4. Father agreed when Sultana asked what?
5. Who replaced the king on the throne?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)