|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sultana make an attempt to be happy?
(a) Her father did not want his daughters to show their pain.
(b) To grieve over the death of a loved one was to show disrespect to God.
(c) She did not want anyone to know how upset she was.
(d) She wanted her mother to know that she was happy that she was in heaven.
2. Did Kareem's mother like Sultana?
(a) Only at first.
3. Why was Sara in the hospital?
(a) She had become ill.
(b) She had attempted suicide.
(c) She was pregnant.
(d) She had become a nurse.
4. What did Sara's father order the doctor to give her?
(a) A new pair of glasses.
(b) A sedative.
(c) A variety of tests.
(d) A muscle relaxer.
5. How was the marriage beneficial to Father?
(a) The groom was very kind.
(b) The groom loved Sara and would care for her.
(c) The groom was a member of a leading merchant family.
(d) The groom was a good friend of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Father marry?
2. Why did they live here?
3. When Marci arrived, she had trouble doing what?
4. Sara ________ all through the wedding preparations.
5. To whom is Sara to be married?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)