|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Abdullah feel about the romance between Jafer and Fayza?
2. How was Sultana's upbringing different from those of her children?
3. What did Sultana learn from her sisters about Reema in the aftermath of her situation?
4. What thoughts did Sultana come to have about Amani's impact on the royal family?
5. Why did Sultana enjoy spending time at the family's vacation home in Jeddah?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sultana describe her sister, Reema's, appearance and demeanor that made her different from all the other sisters in the family?
2. When the sisters went to visit with Reema, how did her husband, Saleem, react when he saw Reema's condition?
3. Amani learned of a horrible family secret involving Ali's son, Majed. Explain what happened to the woman in the hospital and how Majed was involved.
4. Sultana blamed Amani's upbringing for her extreme religious conversion. Explain the differences in the economic climate between the time of Sultana's childhood and that of Amani.
5. In the weeks after the holy pilgrimage, Sultana began to see great changes in Amani's actions and personality. Describe some of Amani's actions and personality changes that frightened Sultana and made her fear that Amani might one day join an extremist terrorist cult.
6. With Abdullah's efforts to reunite Jafer and Fayza, what was the final outcome for the two forbidden lovers?
7. Explain what happened to Jafer and Fayza after they decided to elope.
8. Due to the stress of what was happening with her children in the beginning of Chapter 9, Sultana developed what some call a "nervous twitch." Explain how Sultana's stress manifested itself into this "nervous twitch" and what type it was.
9. Describe Saleem's attack on Reema and the outcome for Reema.
10. Explain why female circumcision was still practiced in Saudi Arabia during Sultana's lifetime.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The publication of Princess Sultana's first book, Princess, had varied effects on the people in her life. Recall the reactions of her family and friends, and explain how each of the following people felt about the publication of Princess and how they treated Sultana once her identity was revealed: Kareem, Sultana's father, Ali and Sara.
Essay Topic 2
During the family's holy pilgrimage to Makkah, what significant changes in Amani occurred? What fears about her future did Sultana have?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Amani's religious conversion led her down a different path than the rest of her family. How did Amani feel about her family as her faith changed and grew? How did she treat her family differently after her conversion?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)