|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With Fayza back in Saudi Arabia, what did Jafer do with his life?
2. How did Fatma's family react to Sultana's intrusion into their lives?
3. What thoughts did Sultana come to have about Amani's impact on the royal family?
4. What was the outcome of Sultana's and her sister's talk with Ali's wife, Nada?
5. How did Saleem react when he came to see Reema?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the "Wonder Garment" that Sultana found, and where did she find it?
2. After the family's holy pilgrimage, a sandstorm prohibited them from returning to Riyadh and they travel to their vacation home in Jeddah. Explain how Jeddah was different from Riyadh in regard to its restrictions on women.
3. Describe Saleem's attack on Reema and the outcome for Reema.
4. When Sultana and her family arrived in Monaco to share a rented mansion villa with Sultana's sisters, why were the sisters in a state of anxiety and great sadness?
5. Explain what obstacle Ali faced after divorcing his wife, Nada, for the third time.
6. How did Sultana describe her sister, Reema's, appearance and demeanor that made her different from all the other sisters in the family?
7. With Abdullah's efforts to reunite Jafer and Fayza, what was the final outcome for the two forbidden lovers?
8. Explain what happened to Jafer and Fayza after they decided to elope.
9. When Sultana went to speak with Fatma's daughter, what was the outcome?
10. In the opening scene of Chapter 8, Sultana broke up an argument between her children over a newspaper. Explain why the newspaper was such a hot topic for the siblings.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
During the family's holy pilgrimage to Makkah, what significant changes in Amani occurred? What fears about her future did Sultana have?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the conflict that prohibited Jafer and Fayza from being together. What social obstacles did they have to avoid and overcome in order to be together? What did they finally have to do to prove that they would do anything to be together?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the marriage of Sultana's sister, Reema, and her husband, Saleem. What kind of man was Saleem? What kind of woman was Reema? How did their history together possibly indicate the violence that would come when Saleem violently raped her and caused her terrible, lasting injuries?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)