|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the story about that Maha wrote in London?
(a) An American girl marries a Saudi man who is actually the Devil.
(b) A harem girl has sex with a man who becomes a woman.
(c) A princess murders her husband and his nine other wives.
(d) A poor Yemeni houseboy tricks the Saudi royal family into believing he is one of their own.
2. What Western documentary tells the sad story of Sultana's cousin?
(a) One Woman's Battle for Freedom.
(b) Death of a Princess.
(c) A Nightmare in Arabia.
3. After the decision regarding Aisha, what did Maha say that shocked her parents?
(a) That there was no God.
(b) That she was a lesbian.
(c) That she would kill herself.
(d) That she was finally at peace with her life.
4. How did Fayza's family get her back from Jafer?
(a) Fayza felt guilty for going against her family and begged Jafer to allow her to go home and face her punishment.
(b) They tracked them down, knocked out Jafer and took Fayza by force.
(c) They negotiated over the phone with the couple and they agreed to return home.
(d) The family hired a private investigator who found them and kidnapped Fayza after drugging Jafer.
5. Sultana recalls the sad story of which distant cousin whose plight was described in a Western documentary?
(a) Princess Maha.
(b) Princess Misha'il.
(c) Princess Noorah.
(d) Princess Anani.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what season of the Muslim faith did Sultana and her family make the holy pilgrimage?
2. What specific feelings toward women did Yousif express to Kareem?
3. At the end of Chapter 6, what did Sultana hint about the future of the child for whom she prayed at the end of the family's pilgrimage?
4. Where did Jafer and Fayza finally meet in person to start their affair?
5. Before the family's pilgrimage in Chapter 4, how often had they made the trip as a group, previously?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)