|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dream did Kareem have that he tells Sultana was the reason behind his attitude toward the pilgrimage?
(a) He dreamed he was trampled to death.
(b) He dreamed that his family was killed.
(c) He dreamed that his wife was kidnapped.
(d) He dreamed that he would be murdered if he allowed his family to attend the pilgrimage.
2. How was the marriage of Kareem and Sultana affected by Sultana's book?
(a) Kareem punished Sultana by placing her in seclusion in the women's room.
(b) They argued, but their marriage ended up stronger than ever.
(c) Kareem immediately divorced Sultana.
(d) Kareem did not divorce Sultana but sent her to live in Egypt with her daughters.
3. When Amani began to invite friends and extended family over for meetings, what was the purpose?
(a) To practice witchcraft secretly.
(b) For planning a revolution.
(c) For discussing ways to look and dress more like Americans.
(d) For prayer.
4. To what city did Sultana and her family make the traditional pilgrimage of the Muslim faith?
5. During the family's holy pilgrimage, what was the significance of visiting Mount Arafat?
(a) It is considered the birthplace of Islam.
(b) It was where the Prophet Muhammad gave his final sermon.
(c) It is where scientists believe the Kaaba was built.
(d) It was where Sultana and Kareem were wed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maha?
2. After the family's holy pilgrimage, they wished to return to Riyadh, but what forced them to delay the trip home?
3. Overall, what did Sultana think of Yousif, Kareem's childhood friend?
4. Why did Sultana believe that Amani's upbringing was the reason for the changes in her behavior?
5. Where did Jafer and Fayza finally meet in person to start their affair?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)