|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sultana's family decide to do about the situation with Sultana and her book?
(a) They decided to expose Sultana and turn her over to the religious police.
(b) They decided to keep quiet and protect the family's identity.
(c) They decided to send Sultana away before the religious police come looking for her.
(d) They decided to step forward as a united family and support Sultana.
2. How was Sultana's upbringing different from those of her children?
(a) Sultana grew up in a boarding school in Switzerland.
(b) Sultana's father and mother were strictly religious.
(c) Sultana grew up in a time of great poverty.
(d) Sultana's mother died during childbirth so she never knew a mother's love.
3. After hearing Amani speak poorly of her family, why did Sultana lock the family's jewels in a safe?
(a) Sultana was worried that Amani would destroy them in a rage.
(b) Amani had threatened to give them to the poor.
(c) Amani was stealing from everyone in the family.
(d) She was afraid Amani would sell them for money to help her escape Saudi Arabia.
4. Where did Jafer and Fayza finally meet in person to start their affair?
(a) At Abdullah's house.
(b) In a public market.
(c) At a mosque.
(d) In a private conference room at Kareem's law firm.
5. How did Amani's love of animals test her family's patience?
(a) They worried she would be arrested and stoned to death.
(b) She let them wander throughout the house, causing damage.
(c) She took in strays and fed them human food.
(d) She would only talk to the animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Prologue, why does Sultana study the photo of King Fahd?
2. Among the purification rituals before the holy pilgrimage, what was not allowed?
3. What unexpected, forbidden items did Sultana find among Maha's possessions when she was packing her things, at the end of Chapter 2?
4. When Sultana found unexpected, forbidden items among Maha's possessions, who did Sultana suspect had given them to her?
5. What huge obstacle did Jafer and Fayza face when they decided to elope?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)