|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Grandmere stay while she is in New York?
2. Who else in school gets special treatment?
3. What does Grandmere try to teach Mia at dinner?
4. Who does Mia suspect of tipping off the press?
5. When/where did Helen and Phillipe meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mia have such a difficult time studying with Michael? Is it the topic or Michael's methods?
2. How does Prince Phillipe attempt to ease Mia's concerns about taking on the job of princess?
3. How does Mr. G react when accused of tipping off the press?
4. Mia actually tells Grandmere about the Lana Weinberger incident. What is Grandmere's reaction?
5. What does Michael say when Mia asks if Lilly is saying bad things behind her back?
6. What is the real reason Mia turns down the invitation to the party at Josh's house?
7. What is the incident between Mia and Lana Weinberger? What caused it? What was the result?
8. What subjects are the focus of Mia's princess test? What are the results?
9. Tina describes the dress of her country to Mia. What is it called and what is its purpose?
10. What is Lilly's reason for the boycott? Is the basis of the boycott fair or over the top? How does Mia feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Phillipe and Helen were lovers in college but never married. Discuss their decision not to marry. How have they compromised in the way they raise Mia? Was this a wise decision? What does Grandmere think about the relationship and the resulting child?
Essay Topic 2
Tina Hakim-Baba is considered to be a social outcast. Why? What makes Tina different? Are the assumptions accurate? What causes Mia to ignore the popular opinion? How does Tina react to the behaviors?
Essay Topic 3
No matter what happens with Mia, Grandmere always seems to have the last word. What is it about Grandmere that makes her seem so authoritative? What is the relationship between Phillipe and his mother? How does Helen view Grandmere? Does Grandmere get special treatment because of her presence or because she is royalty?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)