|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandmere try to teach Mia at dinner?
2. What is the excuse Mia gives for not attending the party?
3. What does the bodyguard do during the Lana Weinberger incident?
4. Who else in school gets special treatment?
5. Girls in what country are required to wear the garment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. G react when accused of tipping off the press?
2. How does Mia react when the press releases her story, complete with photos?
3. Why does Mia avoid Michael after G&T?
4. What does Michael say when Mia asks if Lilly is saying bad things behind her back?
5. Tina describes the dress of her country to Mia. What is it called and what is its purpose?
6. Mia actually tells Grandmere about the Lana Weinberger incident. What is Grandmere's reaction?
7. What does Mr. G do when he learns about the press coverage? How does Mia react?
8. How does Prince Phillipe attempt to ease Mia's concerns about taking on the job of princess?
9. What is done to Mia during her session with the stylist?
10. What is the real reason Mia turns down the invitation to the party at Josh's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mia's mother gives Mia a journal. Mia writes in the journal with devotion. Explain why Helen thought it was important to give Mia the journal. Were Helen's assumptions correct? How does this new activity help Mia? Is there a downside to journaling? If so, what?
Essay Topic 2
Mia is required to make a list of the top ten women she admires. Who is on the list? What are Mia's reasons for choosing those people? What is Grandmere's reaction? Does Grandmere feel that Mia's choices are appropriate? What is the homework assignment that follows the list?
Essay Topic 3
Phillipe and Helen were lovers in college but never married. Discuss their decision not to marry. How have they compromised in the way they raise Mia? Was this a wise decision? What does Grandmere think about the relationship and the resulting child?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)