|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these things is not commented on by Michael regarding Genovia?
2. How many boyfriends of Helen's have spent the night at the loft?
3. What was the dinner guest denied at Grandmere's party?
4. Lilly says Mia's relationship with Grandmere is:
5. Which family owns the Asian deli across from the high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is done to Mia during her session with the stylist?
2. Mia actually tells Grandmere about the Lana Weinberger incident. What is Grandmere's reaction?
3. What is the incident between Mia and Lana Weinberger? What caused it? What was the result?
4. How does the press refer to Mia in the context of her parents?
5. Tina describes the dress of her country to Mia. What is it called and what is its purpose?
6. What is the purpose of Mia wearing activist propaganda to the press conference?
7. Why is Lilly so upset with Mia? Whose fault was the incident? How is it resolved?
8. What subjects are the focus of Mia's princess test? What are the results?
9. What does Mr. G do when he learns about the press coverage? How does Mia react?
10. How does Grandmere react when Mia arrives with a new look? What has changed about Mia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Michael so interested in Mia's activities? Do you think Michael knows that Mia has a crush on him? If so, how? What was the meaning of the exchange between Michael and Lars? Why did Michael choose to share that particular song with Mia?
Essay Topic 2
Mia has had a long time crush on Josh Richter. How does Mia describe Josh? Why is Mia not involved with him? What does Josh do to surprise Mia? What does Josh do to make Mia angry? How does Mia feel about Josh at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Lilly's expose on the Asian deli is a point of contention between Lilly and Mia. Why? What is the purpose of the boycott? Explain each side of the debate. Who supported the boycott?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)