|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael asks Mia if she has plans for what day?
2. What is commonly served at Miragnac at dinner?
3. What does Grandmere call Mia when she sees the new outfit?
4. Which of these things is not commented on by Michael regarding Genovia?
5. Which newspaper does not cover Mia's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Grandmere is appalled at the way Mia dresses. Why?
2. Mia's actions toward Lana may make Lilly have to rethink her theory about what?
3. What is Lilly's reason for the boycott? Is the basis of the boycott fair or over the top? How does Mia feel about it?
4. Mia actually tells Grandmere about the Lana Weinberger incident. What is Grandmere's reaction?
5. Why is Mia extra upset about being called into the principal's office?
6. What is the purpose of Mia wearing activist propaganda to the press conference?
7. What does Mr. G do when he learns about the press coverage? How does Mia react?
8. What subjects are the focus of Mia's princess test? What are the results?
9. Why does Mia have such a difficult time studying with Michael? Is it the topic or Michael's methods?
10. What is the real reason Mia turns down the invitation to the party at Josh's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
No matter what happens with Mia, Grandmere always seems to have the last word. What is it about Grandmere that makes her seem so authoritative? What is the relationship between Phillipe and his mother? How does Helen view Grandmere? Does Grandmere get special treatment because of her presence or because she is royalty?
Essay Topic 2
Lilly is constantly at odds with some person or organization. Explain why Lilly is so determined to expose these people? Why does Lilly want to boycott the deli? How does Mia feel about the boycott? How does Lilly react to Mia's lack of support even after Mia explains she was required to be with Grandmere?
Essay Topic 3
Grandmere is determined to change Mia's appearance to make her look more like a princess. What action does Grandmere require Mia to take? How does Mia react? What is the reaction of Mia's friends? Will the makeover change Mia's personality? If so, how?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)