|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of yelling at Mia, Mia's parents do what?
2. What is the name of Lilly's brother?
3. What's the name of Mia's dream boyfriend?
4. How does Mia normally get to school?
5. Mia is upset when she fails to accomplish what task?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ailment plagued Mia's father? What was the result of the treatment? Was he cured?
2. What is Mia's reaction to her mother, Helen, dating one of her teachers?
3. Why are Lilly's parents upset with their daughter? What is the potential punishment for Lilly's behavior?
4. What is Mia's relationship to Lana Weinberger?
5. Where do Mia's grandmother and father live? What type of area is it? What location does the author compare it to?
6. What is the purpose of keeping a diary for Mia? What sparked her interest in journaling?
7. Why is Mia afraid to tell Lilly about the news?
8. How does Mia react when Lilly confesses her attraction to Boris?
9. What information does Mr. Gianini give to Helen that upsets Mia? What is the result?
10. What is the relationship between Mia and Lilly's brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lilly's expose on the Asian deli is a point of contention between Lilly and Mia. Why? What is the purpose of the boycott? Explain each side of the debate. Who supported the boycott?
Essay Topic 2
Mia has had a long time crush on Josh Richter. How does Mia describe Josh? Why is Mia not involved with him? What does Josh do to surprise Mia? What does Josh do to make Mia angry? How does Mia feel about Josh at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Tina Hakim-Baba is considered to be a social outcast. Why? What makes Tina different? Are the assumptions accurate? What causes Mia to ignore the popular opinion? How does Tina react to the behaviors?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)