|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mia's father stay when he's in New York?
2. What's the name of Mia's dream boyfriend?
3. From what ailment did Mia's father recover?
4. What is the profession of Lilly's parents?
5. When speaking to Mr. Gianini Mia threatens to:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mia's reaction to her mother, Helen, dating one of her teachers?
2. Why did the Mia's parents decide not to tell her about being a princess?
3. Why does Mia suspect that Michael chose her over Lana Weinberger?
4. Where do Mia's grandmother and father live? What type of area is it? What location does the author compare it to?
5. What is the purpose of keeping a diary for Mia? What sparked her interest in journaling?
6. Why is it suddenly important for Mia to know about being a princess?
7. Why is Mia so upset when her father tells her about being the Princess of Genovia?
8. Why does Mia's father repeatedly call Helen? What is Mia's take on the phone calls?
9. What is the name of the agreement between Mia and her parents? What is its purpose?
10. What is Mia's relationship to Lana Weinberger?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lilly's show, "Lilly Tells it Like it Is," is a public access show. What is the purpose of the show? How is it funded? What topics are addressed on the show? Who is the intended audience?
Essay Topic 2
Mia has had a long time crush on Josh Richter. How does Mia describe Josh? Why is Mia not involved with him? What does Josh do to surprise Mia? What does Josh do to make Mia angry? How does Mia feel about Josh at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Lilly's expose on the Asian deli is a point of contention between Lilly and Mia. Why? What is the purpose of the boycott? Explain each side of the debate. Who supported the boycott?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)