|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what period does Mia write in her journal the most?
2. What area of math does Mr. Gianini teach?
3. Lilly continues to embarrass Mia by talking about what subject?
4. Mia is shocked to learn that she now has her very own:
5. What is the topic of the test that causes Mia dread?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mia suspect that Michael chose her over Lana Weinberger?
2. What is Lilly's biggest obsession? In what new project are Lilly and Mia involved? Where does it take place?
3. How does Lilly react to the presence of Lars? What is Lilly's advice to Mia regarding Lars?
4. Why is Mia afraid to tell Lilly about the news?
5. Why is it more relaxing for Mia at the Moscovitzes' house?
6. Why are Lilly's parents upset with their daughter? What is the potential punishment for Lilly's behavior?
7. Why does Mia hate going to the Plaza Hotel?
8. Why do Mia's parents object to her spending the night at Lilly's house?
9. What is Lilly's opinion on Christian monarchies?
10. What is the purpose of keeping a diary for Mia? What sparked her interest in journaling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
No matter what happens with Mia, Grandmere always seems to have the last word. What is it about Grandmere that makes her seem so authoritative? What is the relationship between Phillipe and his mother? How does Helen view Grandmere? Does Grandmere get special treatment because of her presence or because she is royalty?
Essay Topic 2
Lilly is constantly at odds with some person or organization. Explain why Lilly is so determined to expose these people? Why does Lilly want to boycott the deli? How does Mia feel about the boycott? How does Lilly react to Mia's lack of support even after Mia explains she was required to be with Grandmere?
Essay Topic 3
Lilly's show, "Lilly Tells it Like it Is," is a public access show. What is the purpose of the show? How is it funded? What topics are addressed on the show? Who is the intended audience?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)