|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lilly says Mia's father is acting strange as a result of his:
2. Mia is shocked to discover that Lilly is attracted to:
3. Lilly's parents tell her not to torment her stalker because he is probably suffering from:
4. What instrument does the object of Lilly's affections play?
5. The stalker recently returned from:
Short Essay Questions
1. What ailment plagued Mia's father? What was the result of the treatment? Was he cured?
2. How does Mia react when Lilly confesses her attraction to Boris?
3. Why is Mia so upset when her father tells her about being the Princess of Genovia?
4. What is Lilly's biggest obsession? In what new project are Lilly and Mia involved? Where does it take place?
5. Why do Mia's parents object to her spending the night at Lilly's house?
6. Why does Mia's father repeatedly call Helen? What is Mia's take on the phone calls?
7. What information does Mr. Gianini give to Helen that upsets Mia? What is the result?
8. Why is Mia afraid to tell Lilly about the news?
9. Why is the stalker obsessed with Lilly and what does she plan to do about it?
10. How does Mia react when Lilly asks if she would choose Josh Richter or Michael as a life partner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lilly's expose on the Asian deli is a point of contention between Lilly and Mia. Why? What is the purpose of the boycott? Explain each side of the debate. Who supported the boycott?
Essay Topic 2
Mia is required to make a list of the top ten women she admires. Who is on the list? What are Mia's reasons for choosing those people? What is Grandmere's reaction? Does Grandmere feel that Mia's choices are appropriate? What is the homework assignment that follows the list?
Essay Topic 3
Mia's mother gives Mia a journal. Mia writes in the journal with devotion. Explain why Helen thought it was important to give Mia the journal. Were Helen's assumptions correct? How does this new activity help Mia? Is there a downside to journaling? If so, what?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)