Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Buttercup, Westley, Fezzik, and Inigo get past Yellin and the Brute Squad?
2. After Fezzik's and Inigo's reunion, how does the giant help the Spaniard?
3. Inigo and Fezzik are reunited during what event?
4. Once Buttercup is married to the Prince and realizes Westley is not coming for her, what does she decide to do?
5. As Fezzik and Inigo start to descend into the Zoo's second level, why is the Spaniard scared?
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the actual author, William Goldman, creates a fictitious author, S. Morgenstern, for "The Princess Bride", trying to pass him off as the real author.
1. How does this narrative device present opportunities for Goldman to take creative liberties with the story?
2. What tools and techniques does the author use to make his premise of another author believable?
Essay Topic 2
Westley goes through several transformations in the story, taking on the roles of farm boy, pirate, and a mysterious man in black. Describe who he is during each major phase of his life. Include his goals, dreams, character traits, skills, outlook on life, and how others view him. What important lessons does he learn as a farm boy? As a pirate? As the man in black coming back to his true love? How has he grown by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze one of the following minor characters, explaining in detail what this character adds to the story:
1. Max, the miracle maker.
2. Valerie, the miracle maker's wife.
3. Count Rugen, the six-fingered man.
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)