|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fezzik finds Vizzini dead, what does he do?
2. When Fezzik regains consciousness, what does he struggle to remember?
3. What happens as soon as the miracle pill passes down Westley's throat?
4. When Buttercup has a nightmare about her own birth, what does the midwife say in her dream?
5. Who does the Prince plan to frame after killing Buttercup?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Buttercup realizes that Humperdinck never sent out his four fastest ships to search for Westley?
2. Goldman's father always ended the book with, "And they lived happily ever after." But Goldman says he has his own theories about what happens after the escape from the castle. What are they?
3. What happens after Inigo and Fezzik find the Man in Black at the Zoo of Death?
4. Describe what happens when Inigo and Fezzik reach the third level of the Zoo of Death.
5. In what way is the miracle pill defective?
6. Describe what Westley means when he tells Humperdinck they will not fight to the death, but instead will fight to the pain.
7. How do Inigo, Westley, and Fezzik gain access to the key that grants them entry into the castle?
8. What happens after Inigo and Fezzik give Westley the miracle pill?
9. Describe Westley's first experiences at the Zoo of Death.
10. Why does Miracle Max agree to help Inigo and Fezzik in their attempt to bring their dead friend back to life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the following themes carried throughout the book:
1. True love.
3. The unpredictable side of life.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the following elements add levels of detail and intrigue to the story:
1. Humperdinck's and Buttercup's impending wedding.
2. The prince's penchant for hunting.
3. The prince's plot to kill his bride.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the father-son relationship between Inigo and his father, and between the author and his father. How do love and loyalty show through in both relationships?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)