|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Westley when the miracle pill stops working?
2. When Westley, Buttercup, and Inigo look out the castle window, they see Fezzik with what?
3. When Fezzik finds Vizzini dead, what does he do?
4. When the Albino speaks for the first time to Westley, what does he say?
5. As Inigo and Fezzik walk side by side through the Zoo with their arms around each other's shoulders for safety, Fezzik clenches his free fist while Inigo uses his free hand to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Count Rugen and several armed men find Westley, Inigo, and Fezzik inside the castle?
2. How does Inigo know that the piercing scream heard across the land emanated from the Man in Black?
3. After Humperdinck's original plan to have Vizzini kidnap and kill Buttercup goes wrong, why is the Prince happy that his people are so enthralled by Buttercup?
4. What happens when Buttercup realizes that Humperdinck never sent out his four fastest ships to search for Westley?
5. After his reunion with Fezzik, why does Inigo want to find the Man in Black?
6. Who defeats the King bats at the Zoo of Death?
7. How do Buttercup and Westley escape the castle?
8. What happens after Inigo and Fezzik find the Man in Black at the Zoo of Death?
9. What do Fezzik and Inigo find at the first level of the Zoo of Death?
10. How do Inigo, Westley, and Fezzik gain access to the key that grants them entry into the castle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the following themes carried throughout the book:
1. True love.
3. The unpredictable side of life.
Essay Topic 2
Draw parallels between Buttercup's tormenting nightmares and her nagging feelings that she's made terrible mistakes and doesn't deserve Westley's love. Use examples from Chapter Six.
Essay Topic 3
Humor is used liberally throughout "The Princess Bride". Explain what makes humor an especially effective tool in describing Fezzik's and Inigo's venture into the ominous Zoo of Death.
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)