Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Buttercup, Westley, Fezzik, and Inigo get past Yellin and the Brute Squad?
2. After Fezzik's and Inigo's reunion, how does the giant help the Spaniard?
3. Inigo and Fezzik are reunited during what event?
4. Once Buttercup is married to the Prince and realizes Westley is not coming for her, what does she decide to do?
5. As Fezzik and Inigo start to descend into the Zoo's second level, why is the Spaniard scared?
Essay Topic 1
Several props are important in the story. Specify the significance of the following:
1. The six-finger sword.
2. The holocaust cloak.
3. The man in black's mask.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Westley with Prince Humperdinck. What makes the pirate the "good guy"? What makes the prince the "bad guy"? How does the author use these two characters to turn traditional fairy tales upside down? What makes this book a satire under the pretense of being a fairy tale?
Essay Topic 3
Draw parallels between Buttercup's tormenting nightmares and her nagging feelings that she's made terrible mistakes and doesn't deserve Westley's love. Use examples from Chapter Six.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)