|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Yellin refuses to give up the gate key, Fezzik threatens to do what?
2. What happens to Fezzik in the castle while he's searching for Westley?
3. Why does Max finally agree to bring Westley back to life?
4. How does a drunk and feisty Inigo recognize Fezzik?
5. As Fezzik and Inigo start to descend into the Zoo's second level, why is the Spaniard scared?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Machine?
2. What happens after Inigo and Fezzik give Westley the miracle pill?
3. Summarize the deadly battle between Inigo Montoya and Count Rugen.
4. What does Inigo do once he regains consciousness after his battle with the Man in Black?
5. What happens after Inigo and Fezzik find the Man in Black at the Zoo of Death?
6. Why does Miracle Max agree to help Inigo and Fezzik in their attempt to bring their dead friend back to life?
7. What do Fezzik and Inigo find at the first level of the Zoo of Death?
8. What happens when Count Rugen and several armed men find Westley, Inigo, and Fezzik inside the castle?
9. Describe what Westley means when he tells Humperdinck they will not fight to the death, but instead will fight to the pain.
10. Describe what happens when Inigo and Fezzik reach the third level of the Zoo of Death.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the following elements add levels of detail and intrigue to the story:
1. Humperdinck's and Buttercup's impending wedding.
2. The prince's penchant for hunting.
3. The prince's plot to kill his bride.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the father-son relationship between Inigo and his father, and between the author and his father. How do love and loyalty show through in both relationships?
Essay Topic 3
Draw parallels between Buttercup's tormenting nightmares and her nagging feelings that she's made terrible mistakes and doesn't deserve Westley's love. Use examples from Chapter Six.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)