|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What paralyzes Fezzik with fear in the Zoo's fourth level?
2. Inigo and Fezzik are reunited during what event?
3. What two items does Westley request when he, Inigo, and Fezzik are trying to enter the castle?
4. What does Buttercup call Humperdinck the night before their wedding?
5. At the castle gate, who is astonished to see Westley alive?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze what messages the author is trying to convey about placing exaggerated importance on appearances. Using specific examples from the story, determine what the author considers superfluous and what he regards as real.
Essay Topic 2
Unlikely friendships develop as the plot thickens. Discuss how unlikely alliances are shaped based on the following:
1. Personal need.
2. Mutual respect or admiration.
3. Genuine, selfless love.
Essay Topic 3
Draw parallels between Buttercup's tormenting nightmares and her nagging feelings that she's made terrible mistakes and doesn't deserve Westley's love. Use examples from Chapter Six.
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)