|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yellin, who works for the Prince, is in charge of what?
2. What does Fezzik inform Inigo about the six-fingered man?
3. What paralyzes Fezzik with fear in the Zoo's fourth level?
4. Why do the men guarding the castle gate run away in panic as Fezzik approaches?
5. What happens as soon as the miracle pill passes down Westley's throat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Westley leaves Buttercup to try to create a better life for the two of them, but his departure leads to devastating results. Later, Buttercup leaves Westley to save him, but her actions lead to major problems for both of them. Discuss the author's implication that, despite their good intentions, these characters should not be apart and would be better off sticking together through difficult times.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze what messages the author is trying to convey about placing exaggerated importance on appearances. Using specific examples from the story, determine what the author considers superfluous and what he regards as real.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Fezzik and Waverly. What brings these two characters together? What forges their strong bond?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)