|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after an older woman ridicules Buttercup for leaving Westley in the Fire Swamp?
2. Why does the Count become unnerved while fighting against Inigo?
3. What comes right before the Count's cheerful announcement to the Prince that the machine is ready?
4. When Westley, Buttercup, and Inigo look out the castle window, they see Fezzik with what?
5. Why does Inigo reason that the Man in Black is somewhere in Florin City?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Fezzik and Waverly. What brings these two characters together? What forges their strong bond?
Essay Topic 2
The author creates a land filled with danger and enchantment, and his unique settings help bring this fairytale world to life. Describe the setting of each of the following, and explain what gives each place a fantasy-like quality:
1. The Cliffs of Insanity.
2. The Fire Swamp.
3. One Tree Island.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the following elements add levels of detail and intrigue to the story:
1. Humperdinck's and Buttercup's impending wedding.
2. The prince's penchant for hunting.
3. The prince's plot to kill his bride.
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)