Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Buttercup, Westley, Fezzik, and Inigo get past Yellin and the Brute Squad?
2. After Fezzik's and Inigo's reunion, how does the giant help the Spaniard?
3. Inigo and Fezzik are reunited during what event?
4. Once Buttercup is married to the Prince and realizes Westley is not coming for her, what does she decide to do?
5. As Fezzik and Inigo start to descend into the Zoo's second level, why is the Spaniard scared?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the father-son relationship between Inigo and his father, and between the author and his father. How do love and loyalty show through in both relationships?
Essay Topic 2
Unlikely friendships develop as the plot thickens. Discuss how unlikely alliances are shaped based on the following:
1. Personal need.
2. Mutual respect or admiration.
3. Genuine, selfless love.
Essay Topic 3
In Florin's world of tragedy, betrayal, revenge, and other harsh realities, one thing remains pure and worth making sacrifices for: the ongoing love between Westley and Buttercup.
1. Explain how the love between these two characters serves as a tool to keep the reader's hope and interest level alive even in the midst of the most hopeless situations that the book's various characters find themselves in.
2. How does the love shared between Westley and Buttercup help advance the plot line?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)