|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whenever Dread Pirate Roberts' ship is passed down to a successor, what happens?
2. How many levels is the Zoo of Death composed of?
3. Short and stocky, Prince Humperdinck walks like a what?
4. What do Fezzik's parents die from in Mongolia?
5. How old is Buttercup when she is introduced to the people of Florin City?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Buttercup and Westley escape the castle?
2. In the last chapter, what do we learn about Inigo's long-lost love?
3. What are the dynamics of the relationship between King Lotharon and Queen Bella?
4. Is there any love in the courtship between Buttercup and Humperdinck?
5. What does Inigo do once he regains consciousness after his battle with the Man in Black?
6. In what way is the miracle pill defective?
7. What happens to Fezzik after he awakens following his battle with the Man in Black?
8. How does Buttercup realize that the Man in Black is Westley?
9. What obstacles do Westley and Buttercup face in the Fire Swamp?
10. What is the outcome of the sword fight between Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Fezzik and Waverly. What brings these two characters together? What forges their strong bond?
Essay Topic 2
Several props are important in the story. Specify the significance of the following:
1. The six-finger sword.
2. The holocaust cloak.
3. The man in black's mask.
Essay Topic 3
Unlikely friendships develop as the plot thickens. Discuss how unlikely alliances are shaped based on the following:
1. Personal need.
2. Mutual respect or admiration.
3. Genuine, selfless love.
This section contains 1,689 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)