Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whenever Dread Pirate Roberts' ship is passed down to a successor, what happens?
2. How many levels is the Zoo of Death composed of?
3. Short and stocky, Prince Humperdinck walks like a what?
4. What do Fezzik's parents die from in Mongolia?
5. How old is Buttercup when she is introduced to the people of Florin City?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Buttercup and Westley escape the castle?
2. In the last chapter, what do we learn about Inigo's long-lost love?
3. What are the dynamics of the relationship between King Lotharon and Queen Bella?
4. Is there any love in the courtship between Buttercup and Humperdinck?
5. What does Inigo do once he regains consciousness after his battle with the Man in Black?
6. In what way is the miracle pill defective?
7. What happens to Fezzik after he awakens following his battle with the Man in Black?
8. How does Buttercup realize that the Man in Black is Westley?
9. What obstacles do Westley and Buttercup face in the Fire Swamp?
10. What is the outcome of the sword fight between Inigo Montoya and the Man in Black?
Essay Topic 1
Unlikely friendships develop as the plot thickens. Discuss how unlikely alliances are shaped based on the following:
1. Personal need.
2. Mutual respect or admiration.
3. Genuine, selfless love.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze what messages the author is trying to convey about placing exaggerated importance on appearances. Using specific examples from the story, determine what the author considers superfluous and what he regards as real.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the three men who kidnap Buttercup: Inigo, Fezzik, and Vizzini.
1. At a crucial point in the story, Westley replaces Vizzini. What makes Westley the better leader and team player?
2. Even though Inigo and Fezzik start out as enemies of Buttercup and Westley, the four end up good friends. At what point does friendship start to develop? What creates trust between these characters who initially distrust one another?
This section contains 1,689 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)